Texas vs Oklahoma - a classic battle

SEC

14 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Stop the run and don't turn the ball over. That's been the recipe for wins these last 3 weeks. 

Yep. Stop the run and make Kyler throw. He has to get to the edge to throw because he’s so short, hit him in the mouth when he gets out there.

Offensively, we need to establish the run and throw deep. Same as every year. Hopefully Ingram is closer to 100% this week. 

This OU team is not as good as last year’s. Murray is more deadly than Mayfield when he gets loose, but they don’t have all the weapons they had last year. Hit him. Hit him. Hit him. 

• Like 1

I thought the line of OU -7.5 was a gross overreaction to last Saturday's games and meant to entice $ to come in on the Texas side. The line should be OU -4.5, which is in line with the winning margin of the last 3 games.

OU's schedule has been markedly easier to date. Best win is probably 1-3 Iowa State? Their 3 Power 5 wins are against 0-4 UCLA who is terrible, Iowa State, and Baylor. They haven't seen team speed and athleticism to what they will see from Texas on Saturday. I'd set the O/U on points by the winning team at 28 and the only way it gets significantly above that number is if there are a rash of turnovers to one side.  

Speaking of turnovers, the team that does +2 or better will win the game. Here's the thing though. Neither team has created many (TX has the advantage here 7 to 5) nor have they given many up (OU has been better - 3 vs TX 5). Both are at +2 for the season which means that turnovers have not been a big part of the story. (Best in the country  KU at +12...and they still suck). I would not expect turnovers to be a big part of the story on Saturday either.

Special teams may be the decider. OU's has been about average, while TX has had a much higher beta. Punting may be the big story here. OU is average at about 40 net, but TX is near the bottom at 33 net. 7 yards of field position could be big in this game and the punting game has cost Texas points from field position in every game. Forget Kyler Murray. If Texas doesn't do better at this part of the game, it may end up being the biggest factor. The Texas staff should spend extra time this week on it because this is a big issue. Be helpful if Dicker the kicker doesnt shank a kick or 2 either. Can't lose 3 to 6 points from this. 

Getting off the field on 3rd down will be key as well. OU's defense is 99th in this metric at 42.4%, Texas is better at 34.6%.On the flip side, OU converts at almost 55%, which is 7th in the country, while Texas is near the NCAA average at 41.3%, right there with the Domers and LS-Youuuuuuuuu. Sustaining drives will be key for Texas and OU's defense isn't particularly adept at stopping 3rd downs. 

I expect a tight one score game if the teams play to what I expect. 50/50 on this one as to who wins. 

• Like 6

On 10/1/2018 at 9:00 AM, Katfid54 said:

Their running game has taken a huge step back this year from last year, and another step back with the loss of Anderson.  It is not the beast to be feared that it was last year.

This year, OU looks way more like oSu of the past several years (with a mobile quarterback) than it does the Baker-led teams with Orlando Brown, Erick Wren, and Mark Anderson in the trenches.

I think OU is actually averaging more yards rushing YTD in 2018 than they did in 2017. 

15 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

I think OU is actually averaging more yards rushing YTD in 2018 than they did in 2017. 

Its probably because Rodney Anderson did not establish himself until the second half of the season and they did play a much better schedule including the eventual B1G champions tOSU.

Rewatching the rapist vs the fucking suck ass land thieves.  This is going to be a Shootout.  Fuck the PC shit, we are going to need all our bullets.

1) Squash the bug.  Splat the midget.  Knock his shit into next year.

2) Fire all of our bullets and fucking score!

We will see what type of team we have.  I want Hairboy to have inappropriate relations with the midget!

Edited by Domedriver
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

I thought the line of OU -7.5 was a gross overreaction to last Saturday's games and meant to entice $ to come in on the Texas side. The line should be OU -4.5, which is in line with the winning margin of the last 3 games.

OU's schedule has been markedly easier to date. Best win is probably 1-3 Iowa State? Their 3 Power 5 wins are against 0-4 UCLA who is terrible, Iowa State, and Baylor. They haven't seen team speed and athleticism to what they will see from Texas on Saturday. I'd set the O/U on points by the winning team at 28 and the only way it gets significantly above that number is if there are a rash of turnovers to one side.  

Speaking of turnovers, the team that does +2 or better will win the game. Here's the thing though. Neither team has created many (TX has the advantage here 7 to 5) nor have they given many up (OU has been better - 3 vs TX 5). Both are at +2 for the season which means that turnovers have not been a big part of the story. (Best in the country  KU at +12...and they still suck). I would not expect turnovers to be a big part of the story on Saturday either.

Special teams may be the decider. OU's has been about average, while TX has had a much higher beta. Punting may be the big story here. OU is average at about 40 net, but TX is near the bottom at 33 net. 7 yards of field position could be big in this game and the punting game has cost Texas points from field position in every game. Forget Kyler Murray. If Texas doesn't do better at this part of the game, it may end up being the biggest factor. The Texas staff should spend extra time this week on it because this is a big issue. Be helpful if Dicker the kicker doesnt shank a kick or 2 either. Can't lose 3 to 6 points from this. 

Getting off the field on 3rd down will be key as well. OU's defense is 99th in this metric at 42.4%, Texas is better at 34.6%.On the flip side, OU converts at almost 55%, which is 7th in the country, while Texas is near the NCAA average at 41.3%, right there with the Domers and LS-Youuuuuuuuu. Sustaining drives will be key for Texas and OU's defense isn't particularly adept at stopping 3rd downs. 

I expect a tight one score game if the teams play to what I expect. 50/50 on this one as to who wins. 

I agree. It's a coin-flip. OU by a TD might happen - it might not. -7.5 is insane for this game with both teams ranked, I don't give a shit who is ranked what. 

• Like 1

For the first series we should rush 10 and leave Stern’s back to play the ball and pound the ever living shit out of the midget.  Target, PFs, no matter pound his ass to open the game.   Crush his tiny ass into submission then win.

I hate fucking OUSUs with the heat of a billion suns.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2018 at 8:56 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

One of the strangest things that ever happened in this series was when Texas received the opening kick off but punted the ball back to OU during the return pinning them deep in their own territory. This was back in the early 60's and I think it was Bill Bradley that did it.

Many people do not know that you can punt the ball at any time and any place on the field.

I don’t believe Super Bill was there until 66 or so. I’ll ask him about it tomorrow when I see him.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:54 AM, Zavala said:

Yup.

Plus get a lead early. If we can pin our ears back and play with a lead I think we stomp their asses.

Here is a fucked up question, I know I'd rather win both, but if we had to lose one and win one, which would you rather?

Beat OU in Dallas but lose in the Big12 Championship game.

Lose to OU in Dallas but beat them in the Big12 Championship game.

Won't win on Saturday and won't play OU again so it doesn't matter.   

• Fuck You 7

On 10/1/2018 at 9:21 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Herman isn’t having Texas run the ball 80% of the time against a shitty ou defense we won’t win. 

i know we have to go tempo, but that guarantees minimum 7 possessions for the opponent.

army had 4 drives of 7 minutes or more and with 3 minutes left in the game had 48 minutes of possession to thieves 8.

you don't have to get to the smurf.  you just need to keep him off the field.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:21 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

If Herman isn’t having Texas run the ball 80% of the time against a shitty ou defense we won’t win. 

He will if it keeps their offense off the field, and limits their possessions.   It's probably your best bet against Mobilehoma.  

10 hours ago, Dilligas said:

I don’t believe Super Bill was there until 66 or so. I’ll ask him about it tomorrow when I see him.

It very will could have been his sophomore year and I am pretty sure he was the one but let me know what you find out.

Also thank him for the autographed photo he signed for me back then and was presented to me for my birthday.

This!! To us its the OU game. For TV purposes it should be the Red River Shootout! Not rivalry! Not showdown! Not classic! 
Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Nope nope nope no fucking way, not for tv, not irl, not on here. stupid goofy ass names for shit is aggy, you fucking aggy. Take that shit to texags, looch.

07c2a439fc85e1d9b7774dbd3d1cbd23.gif
  • Like 1