2018-19 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

They don’t really roar that much during the tee shot.

I was listening closely this week and it’s loud before the shot and as soon as most players hit the ball the noise level goes down until the result is known, then the reaction comes. Just makes the sign guy look silly. They were also pointing it out on the broadcast.
  • Like 1

I always liked him. Never could figure out though why he decided the 2nd tourney of the year was his last and why he quit on Saturday. Seems odd.

I believe it’s because he had so much success there. And Sunday would have taken spotlight from leaders.

Was an odd tribute where everyone tried to find a way to say he was an acceptable asshole.

“What I respect about you most is that you said what you meant” isn’t exactly the most glowing review of your career, imo

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Come on. It’s not the back 9 at Augusta. 

Yeah, definitely a little over the top on my part.  But still.  His reputation as a guy who can't close will only grow stronger if he doesn't win this.  And it doesn't look like he will.

Those doubts are gonna really start creeping in.

It's still a little shocking that he only has 4 PGA tour victories in his 10 year career.

7 hours ago, Lurch said:

I believe it’s because he had so much success there. And Sunday would have taken spotlight from leaders.

Was an odd tribute where everyone tried to find a way to say he was an acceptable asshole.

“What I respect about you most is that you said what you meant” isn’t exactly the most glowing review of your career, imo

I found it pretty telling that not one player came up to the booth to say farewell.. or even wave to him on the 18th green.. not even Rickie, who might be nicest human being on Earth .  

16 hours ago, Stu said:

I found it pretty telling that not one player came up to the booth to say farewell.. or even wave to him on the 18th green.. not even Rickie, who might be nicest human being on Earth .  

But Miller's contemporaries and colleagues all got visibly choked up saying their farewells.  Especially Maltbie.  That was telling to me.  I don't want color commentators to be friendly with players.  I want their honest opinion on when the player hits a poor shot, makes a mental error, and when they hit a great shot.  You got all of that with Miller.  He complemented Justin Thomas several times on his bump and runs around the greens on Saturday.  He would have been just as honest if he had chunked them.  I would have loved to hear him talk about Fowler's disastrous 11th.   Sure, sometimes he was a little over the top in his critiques, but that was ok with me.

It sucks that there isn’t video of what Sergio did to the greens. Would have loved to see that. I also think it’s pretty cool what the euro tour is doing with the women- same course, same purse, alternating times. I like the idea as a changeup, not a weekly event.

Same purse? I get the argument for the same purse concept in pro tennis, but it doesn't work in pro golf.