2019 LB David Gbenda

Surly folks that have followed this Gbenda recruitment and are knowledgeable about his abilities, how talented is he and and where would he fit in Orlando's Defense?

Reason I ask is that I have read varying accounts of mixed opinions on Gbenda talent....

4 Star Rating....Probably a pretty good pick up 

Surly folks that have followed this Gbenda recruitment and are knowledgeable about his abilities, how talented is he and and where would he fit in Orlando's Defense?
Reason I ask is that I have read varying accounts of mixed opinions on Gbenda talent....

He is poor man's Gary Johnson

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Here's what IT had to say about him. 

http://insidetexas.com/gbenda-picks-texas/

• Like 1

E.J. Holland: Four-star ILB David Gbenda commits to Texas

Texas just landed another priority target.  After building some early season momentum, the Longhorns reeled in a commitment from four-star Katy Cinco Ranch inside linebacker David Gbenda. Gbenda wanted to wait until after the season to make a decision. However, the Longhorns were able to win him over after pressing hard throughout the early part of the fall, giving Texas a big land at a position of need. 

Gbenda picked Texas over offers from Arkansas, Baylor, Colorado, Kansas State, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, TCU, Texas A&M, Texas Tech and several other major programs. Texas defensive coordinator Todd Orlando served as Gbenda's primary recruiter. Orlando built a great relationship with Gbenda and was able to help the Longhorns notch a key Big 12 recruiting win as TCU was considered UT's biggest threat. 

Gbenda recorded 56 tackles, including eight for loss, two sacks and two pass breakups as a junior en route to earning first team all-district honors. At 6-foot, 212 pounds, Gbenda is ranked as the No. 11 inside linebacker in the country and No. 35 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

The Longhorns now have 18 commits in the 2019 recruiting cycle — four-star offensive lineman Tyler Johnson, four-star Millwood (Okla.) wide receiver Demariyon Houston, four-star Cuero athlete Jordan Whittington, four-star Westlake (Calif.) outside linebacker De’Gabriel Floyd, four-star Grayson (GA) defensive back Kenyatta Watson II, four-star Buford (GA) running back Derrian Brown, four-star Houston North Forest offensive lineman Javonne Shepherd, four-star Port Neches-Groves quarterback Roschon Johnson, four-star Notre Dame Prep (AZ) wide receiver Jake Smith, four-star Mayfair (Calif.) safety Chris Adimora, four-star Houston North Forest offensive lineman Javonne Shepherd, four-star Chandler (AZ) tight end Brayden Liebrock, four-star Katy Cinco Ranch inside linebacker David Gbenda, three-star Temple tight end Jared Wiley, three-star Orlando Jones (Fla.) outside linebacker Marcus Tillman Jr., three-star Alvin cornerback Marques Caldwell, three-star Plano East safety Tyler Owens, three-star George Ranch defensive end Peter Mpagi and three-star Huntsville defensive end T’Vondre Sweat.

26 minutes ago, ousux said:
55 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:
Moves us up to #7 nationally 

247 isn't updated yet. Seems 1 or 2 of our 4*'s should probably be 5*, and at least 1 of our 3*'s (Sweat) seems to be playing his way to the 4th star..

Our guys are routinely losing 100ths of a point every week it seems.

1 hour ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Good get. Need some guys in the middle 

Yeah, still think TEXAS Coaches look at JUCO and Grad Transfer Candidates for additional help at LB, OL, TE (Blocker) and maybe even a pass rusher.....

Edited by LTtxfan

4 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

Very nice!  Kinda reminds me of Lavonte David.  If we can find a big thumper to put next to him, then our LB core will be filthy.

Dele, come on down. Wait, he's already here. 

Does washington make us jump to 6 or 5?

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn