Playoff Predictions

BigOrange1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:
I watched plenty of the Indians this year dude. Lindor and Ramirez are ballers and their pitching was legit. They’re a good team, and would be favorites in the NL. Unfortunately for them, the Astros pitching is unreal right now and Springer and Marwin had good ABs after relatively poor regular seasons. And Bregman is obviously insane. Congrats to them. May even pick them to win the next round!

Read more  

Which division would the Indians have won in the NL?

All of them?

dude, stop digging.  the indians had the 5th best record in the american league and tied for 8th best in mlb, all while playing 75 games vs garbage that the astros (for one) went 21-4 against.  they had 2 true offensive superstars, one of which (ramirez) since august 15th, took his avg from .302 to .270, took his ops from 1.054 to 0.939, had a total of 11xbh (3hr) and 15rbi.

they also went 18-19 since about august 20th (the same time period where they went crazy nuts in 2017).

of course, you know all this, because you watched a ton of indians baseball this year.

as a stros fan, i would love to act like we just beat the '27 yankees, but that's not what happened.

12 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Moreland was the tallest midget among 1B. Who else was going to get it ahead of him when the ASG came around?  OF is a little deeper field to choose from. 

that's a good point.  1b in the al was weird this year (as i remember when trying to trade for someone in fantasy, the good ones are all nl guys).  meanwhile, the al outfield all-star starters were historically good.

flagship has a point (although maybe only one).  springer and marwin (and altuve and correa) had "relatively" off years, for them.  everyone on the astros offense regressed except for bregman from their 2017 stat lines. 

but the indians weren't an "unlucky" 91 win team.  they were just not a very good team who needed to get really hot at the right time and didn't.  ramirez was ice, encarnacion is inconsistent and waits for the bomb, donaldson hasn't been donaldson in a long time, and lindor was awesome, but not enough.  they ran into an astros team who's gotten hot at the right time, finally getting healthy, and is far superior in every possible metric to this indians team.

it's the playoffs and anything can happen, but the national media is taking notice, and now everyone* seems to realize that the stros are the team to beat

*based on what i've been watching on espn, mlbn, tbs, and reading most everything i can find