MNF: Chiefs @ Broncos

Machinator

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

"Tyreek Hill limping off the field is the last thing the Chiefs want to see."

Actually I think the team plane slamming into the side of a mountain would be the last thing the Chiefs would want to see.

My thought was Bob Sutton getting his contract extended but I guess the plane slamming into the mountain would work too.

1 minute ago, CurlyDumps said:

Kliff went 5-7 with Mahomes.  He should be charged with criminal negligence.

With Coutee  and Jekeem Grant...

That defense was young as fuck though...

29 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Love the hook and ladder call. Just a shitty pitch

29 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

the odds of them getting a play lined up and called in 10 seconds would've been close

Why wouldn’t Sanders run out of bounds and give KC 2 to 3 more plays?

the fact that not one announcer saw this option makes me think that the entire MNF crew suffers from CTE. 

Only thing I remember of Mahomes' time in CFB is us knocking him silly.  When I heard he'd been drafted high by the Chiefs I was just scratching my head thinking Andy Reid had lost his damn mind.  Tech QBs don't make it in the NFL.  Everyone knows that. 

Guess the fat man saw something we all didn't. 

6 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Only thing I remember of Mahomes' time in CFB is us knocking him silly.  When I heard he'd been drafted high by the Chiefs I was just scratching my head thinking Andy Reid had lost his damn mind.  Tech QBs don't make it in the NFL.  Everyone knows that. 

Everyone sees something different at QB when it comes to UT folks..

Nothing new here.

If you didn't see Mahomes' bassassery, you just flat out didn't watch our games. Ever. His o-line generally sucked and the defense made a wet paper sack feel tough as hell.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, SpiralOut said:

I think once he got out of Lubbock and worked with his QB coach who put him in front of the right people, that probably helped.

2 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

There were videos of that dude throwing 60 yards from his knees. Plus he was just a pure badass, it was video game numbers every time he played.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
26 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:
God fucking damn...

It is HOOK AND LATERAL and not hook and ladder.
Whichever fucking moron announcer started that shit needs to die in a fire.
What the fuck does a ladder have to do with a lateral?

Read more  

You didnt sleep at all last night im guessing

Ha !

Actually I slept great.

8 hours ago, Mantis Toboggan, MD said:

I think Mahomes is the next NFL star QB. Like Aaron Rodgers level good.

Let him get 8 games of tape on him and we will see how good he actually is. 

I'm not saying I wasn't impressed by his performance so far this year, but I think rookie QBs fizzle out as soon as there is enough of their tenancies on tape to dial in and take away their strengths.

I watched Mahomes play throughout his HS career. My son played on an opposing team in the same district. While he was a good HS QB I did not project this type of early success on him. However, I am not a scout.

Great for him and I hope the success continues. He is fun to watch.

Edited by mininghorn88

5 hours ago, slorch said:

Nothing new here.

If you didn't see Mahomes' bassassery, you just flat out didn't watch our games. Ever. His o-line generally sucked and the defense made a wet paper sack feel tough as hell.

That's it - not only a shit defense, but a shit offensive line in front of him.

1 hour ago, mininghorn88 said:

I watched Mahomes play throughout his HS career. My son played on an opposing team in the same district. While he was a good HS QB I did not project this type of early success on him. However, I am not a scout.

Great for him and I hope the success continues. He is fun to watch.

It's almost as if Kliff Kingsbury has a great eye for QB talent, or something.

Anybody else find the ‘showtime’ moniker by the announcers to be contrived and forced as hell?  Are they trying to be the ones who came up with such a clever nickname for Mahomes?

Never have heard him called that and don’t like it.  Let it happen organically.

Just now, slorch said:

Anybody else find the ‘showtime’ moniker by the announcers to be contrived and forced as hell?  Are they trying to be the ones who came up with such a clever nickname for Mahomes?

Never have heard him called that and don’t like it.  Let it happen organically.

Apparently it was one of his nicknames when he was younger: https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/Patrick-Mahomes-picks-favorite-nickname-121128786/

I agree though, they're pushing this way too hard.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

Nothing new here.

You're right.  I don't really watch Tech play.

I just know Graham Harrell threw for 5k yards at Tech and then went on to complete all of 2 passes in the NFL.  Guys like Doege and Potts could put up 4k+ yards and complete near 70% of their passes in the Air Raid offense.  And I doubt their O-lines were world beaters (maybe just better at holding, amirite?).  And Tech's defense always sucks.

I wish Mahomes all the best.  I harped for years while DJ/Jamaal were on the Chiefs about how Alex Smith wasn't going to get them anywhere.  Glad Reid finally found his guy.  Just wish the UT guys were around to benefit from it.

Edited by SpiralOut

1 minute ago, SpiralOut said:

You're right.  I don't really watch Tech play.

I just know Graham Harrell threw for 5k yards at Tech and then went on to complete all of 2 passes in the NFL.  Guys like Doege and Potts could put up 4k+ yards and complete near 70% of their passes in the Air Raid offense.  And I doubt their O-lines were world beaters (maybe just better at holding, amirite?).  And Tech's defense always sucks.

I wish Mahomes all the best.  I harped for years while DJ/Jamaal were on the Chiefs about how Alex Smith wasn't going to get them anywhere.  Glad Reid finally found his guy.  Just wish the UT guys were around to benefit from it.

Harrell had two future NFL O-lineman playing in front of him, but the thing you'd notice if you actually watched the games instead dismissing anyone who puts up gaudy stats as "another system QB" is physique and arm strength.