Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

On 4/17/2018 at 12:45 AM, Bone3421 said:

Just throwing it out for anyone interested ...on may 12 (saturday) del norte tacos in godley,tx is doing their second benefit for a family with cancer

3 to 9 all you can eat crawfish,live music, a live and silent auction

I also know my brother in law that works at miller will have something like 12 cases he is bringing(they cant sell due to licenses) but you can always grab a beer and donate

It has been a few years since I was down there but I remember del norte being pretty freaking good.

If anyone is not aware main street arts festival is today thru sunday downtown

I saw a lot of out of state vans/cars, etc parked in that area setting up yesterday. I didn’t know it was that popular on a nationwide scale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

I saw a lot of out of state vans/cars, etc parked in that area setting up yesterday. I didn’t know it was that popular on a nationwide scale.

Oh yeah, if you go check out the artwork, a lot of them are from out of state. It's a great event, last year when we talked to a few of the artists they were all really big fans of coming to FW for Main Street. Some really cool stuff out there too even if a lot of it is very spendy.

11 hours ago, TornACL said:

Oh yeah, if you go check out the artwork, a lot of them are from out of state. It's a great event, last year when we talked to a few of the artists they were all really big fans of coming to FW for Main Street. Some really cool stuff out there too even if a lot of it is very spendy.

The artist love it because it is one of the few venues that doesn’t charge them to have a tent.  If you place high enough in a category, you get a free space.  

I wish they would put a cap on the number of consequetive years an artist can go. Seems like some of the artists have been there for ten years. 

Still love the event though.  I go every year. 

Main Street is definitely not for the poors-but the event, people watching, and atmosphere is one of the best times to be had in Cowtown.  Seems like every year there is one or two days of Armageddon weather followed by sunshine and today promises to be like that.  Have some friends who have a booth outside of Riscky's every year and enjoy seeing their works.  Sunday afternoon when the event is winding down sometimes finds the artists willing to negotiate price fwiw.

In lighter news ....anyone see the 13k graphite pencil lion drawing

Loved the woodwork guys and my fave last year and this year were the frobots(found object robots) little guys are cute as shit lol

The guy that made the musical wood boxes (on the square in front of bird cafe) was cool

the pencil artist is nuts, that is remarkable. fobots was cool, with her wizard of oz piece especially. i liked the glassweaver too. we let our kids spend $20-$30 each year. this year the daughter got a print of the colorful butterflies. son went with the graphite drawing of an owl. both of those artist were in Sundance sq. 

• Like 1

Two hand painted silk scarves and two pieces of raku pottery made this another happy Main Street for the missus.  Not a bad way to spend three hours walking from the courthouse to the convention center and back on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  Next up, Colonial and Mayfest.  Tarrant County has good springtime events.

• Like 1

hey guys - looking for some recommendations for FW for a bachelor party at the end of july. my brother wants to head up there, arriving Thurs PM and leave Sunday PM. My brothers and I are flying but other guys are poor and want drive from Houston up there - not sure why.

Anyway, looking for some recommendations on places to go on the west 7th area, downtown/sundance and any other places that would be good. We'll likely have about 16 guys total ranging from late 20s to late 30's. I know we'll spend saturday night getting hammered at the stockyards, starting at Joe Ts,  but looking for a "nice" restaurant for Friday night somewhere in the downtown-ish area. I don't think we want to do Bonnell's Lonsesome Dove, or   Cattlemen's unless you think we should? I saw Grace but not sure how it is.

Some places we'll likely visit, in addition to strip clubs:

Bird's Cafe, Twlight Lounge, Lola's, Magnolia Motor lounge, Mad Hatter. There's a cigar bar in the sundance square area that my brother wants to try, so will likely do that after dinner. I don't want to make too many plans - golf, paintball, etc - because it'll hot as fuck and we'll be hungover every morning. Any other suggestions?

Looks like you have it nailed already...like the places you listed 

Grace is good but if you have guys saving $$$ by driving they might not like the prices

If you or friends are into the breastaraunts twin peaks and wild pitch are on southwest side bryant irvin and I20 only been to wild pitch once 

Then there is redneck heaven on 820 & 35...kinda trashy last i went but for bachelor party needs it should work

• Like 1

We went to the arts festival Saturday and hit up Heim before. IMO it has fallen off significantly since the food truck at the old location by the Republic Bar. It wasn't bad by any means but about on the same par as Rudy's. Art Festival was great as usual; the rain drove a lot of people off so the crowds were light.

23 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

hey guys - looking for some recommendations for FW for a bachelor party at the end of july. my brother wants to head up there, arriving Thurs PM and leave Sunday PM. My brothers and I are flying but other guys are poor and want drive from Houston up there - not sure why.

Anyway, looking for some recommendations on places to go on the west 7th area, downtown/sundance and any other places that would be good. We'll likely have about 16 guys total ranging from late 20s to late 30's. I know we'll spend saturday night getting hammered at the stockyards, starting at Joe Ts,  but looking for a "nice" restaurant for Friday night somewhere in the downtown-ish area. I don't think we want to do Bonnell's Lonsesome Dove, or   Cattlemen's unless you think we should? I saw Grace but not sure how it is.

Bird's Cafe, Twlight Lounge, Lola's, Magnolia Motor lounge, Mad Hatter. There's a cigar bar in the sundance square area that my brother wants to try, so will likely do that after dinner. I don't want to make too many plans - golf, paintball, etc - because it'll hot as fuck and we'll be hungover every morning. Any other suggestions?

For cheap drinking and good scenery on 7th; I love Chimys off of Foch Street. Happy hour is 3-7 I think with $1.50 tacos; $2.50 drafts and $3 double wells

• Like 2

We went to the arts festival Saturday and hit up Heim before. IMO it has fallen off significantly since the food truck at the old location by the Republic Bar. It wasn't bad by any means but about on the same par as Rudy's. Art Festival was great as usual; the rain drove a lot of people off so the crowds were light.

I was telling a friend that Heim was unimpressive. The sides even fell off. That’s why I respect Franklin so damn much, it’s so hard to stay consistent in the BBQ business for so many years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Mad Hatter is cool, but fucking tiny. Too small for that group. 

Tim Love is Lonesome Dove, Jon Bonnell is different. Actually didn’t know he owned Buffalo Bros until now. 

thanks - we went to woodshed a few years ago and didn't really like the food, the set up was great but didn't have a good impression of the food there. his hamburger place though was really good - that or we were really hungry but probably was just really good. i don't know much about bonnell's other than it being talked about in texas monthly

49 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Where are ya'll going to say?

On the strip club front, I would look into Buck's Wild BYOB.  If you guys are looking to a clubby night, Texas Republic, Varsity and Kung Fu (it should open soon) all have bottle service at night.  Chimy's a really easy place to get it and everyone grab their own food during the day on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Where are ya'll going to say?

On the strip club front, I would look into Buck's Wild BYOB.  If you guys are looking to a clubby night, Texas Republic, Varsity and Kung Fu (it should open soon) all have bottle service at night.  Chimy's a really easy place to get it and everyone grab their own food during the day on Saturday.

probably stay at the holiday inn on w lancaster, near downtown. still looking around for options but think that'll be the general area. I don't know much about any of the strip clubs out there - we're not going to be much of a club-type of group, mostly bars, dive bars, and girls with little to no morals. 

take a look into magnolia as well as there are some good bars/restaurants and decent talent, it won't compare to w7th on that front though. Thompson's is a solid choice for downtown. Reata rooftop for drinks too, not a huge fan of the food though. HG Supply is another food option for a group that size and will most definitely have talent. 

Edited by bluto

6 hours ago, Mez2 said:

16 guys. Jesus. I hope 8 or so of them drop out. That sounds like a nightmare.

Lola's and Twilite are great. Twilite at the moment is kind of its own destination (nothing around it) so be ready to spend some time there. Fortunately, I find wasting time on their back patio to be pretty fucking awesome. And both places have huge areas, so if you're willing to be on the patios in July your army of dudes wouldn't swamp the place.

Do you know someone who works at Mad Hatter or something? Skip it. If you're on that corner Poag Mahone's or The Abbey are where you want to be. Mad Hatter is like a shotgun bar. 16 people might put them over capacity ha ha. If you're staying on Lancaster and you drive all the way over to SW Bryant Irvin to go to a chain breastaurant then you have mental problems. Downtown, W7th, and Magnolia areas are all within an easy Uber ride (or Uber rides since you have 16), there's no reason to leave that area, unless...... (strip club)

Buck's Fort Worth on Meachem. See if Tiffany is working there, if you want your bachelor to take some real guilt with him to the altar. She's, uh, handsy.

Your highest ratio of absurdity / nothing good but possibly memorable happening might be found at VIPs Lounge or Showdown on Camp Bowie. These are not dive bars in the truest sense of the word because on certain nights TCU twerps might be in there (we need a separate discussion on top 10 FW dive bars), but you can drink cheap beer and not give a fuck. One of my favorite lines ever in FW was said to me at Showdown by a 40 year old woman who was....feeling no pain. "Look, I am NOT some kind of whore" (5 second pause, she leans in and whispers) "but I WILL fuck for money".

I haven't drank at the Stockyards in forever. I liked that weirdo place in the basement...now that I think about it every night in the Stockyards has been extremely hazy.

6 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

I go to Houston all the time from FW and would never dream of flying (especially from Love Field).

I used to feel the same way. Then I started flying down there a bunch to see a client that is fairly close to Hobby. Since the client was paying and a colleague was usually driving to Love, hell yeah I'd fly.