Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

17 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

FYI, the Parton's Pizza on Cherry has opened their expanded seating area. Really nice, doubled the dining area and allowed some light in. Makes going there at lunch much more feasible.  It's nice enough that you wouldn't know it used to be an Asian rub and tug joint.

Was there today for lunch. Love the old school vibe and the pizza especially when it comes out hot. 

Did anybody check out the Deep Ellum location at 6th and University during their opening weekend?  Think I might check it out tonight, I assume they have a TV in that joint. I need something to drink while rage-watching the UT basketball team. 

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Did anybody check out the Deep Ellum location at 6th and University during their opening weekend?  Think I might check it out tonight, I assume they have a TV in that joint. I need something to drink while rage-watching the UT basketball team. 

Couple of friends went this weekend and said it was packed.  Then again, it was free beer so you would expect that.

They liked the place and were pleasantly suprised by the food. 

I went to the soft opening.  I know this is too late for the UT basketball game, but they have 4 nice TVs now, but you can't really see them unless you are sitting at the bar.  The owner said they were going to add more TVs soon.  The pizza is also good there, they had the guy who set up Cane Rosso's kitchen set their's up.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, spystud13 said:

Wasn’t it Silver Dollar Saloon forever? Know the clerk was murdered at that convenience store way back when. 

You are correct sir!  One of many old westside dive bar bars-nothing fancy, but the smell of perfume, piss, and pestilence hit you the minute you walked in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:
On 3/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Errestaurants said:
Was there today for lunch. Love the old school vibe and the pizza especially when it comes out hot. 

Partons pizza is always good...

Used to eat at the Seminary/McCart location back in the 70's and knew the owner/founder.  Good pies and great buffet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
7 minutes ago, pch said:
Used to eat at the Seminary/McCart location back in the 70's and knew the owner/founder.  Good pies and great buffet.

I have only known of the one location on cherry

Only one left but there were several back in the 70's-80's.  The one on McCart is now a washateria.  Used to have a pool hall called Stick Billards in that center and Parton's was next door. 

43 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

I always enjoyed Rick's On The Bricks

Now they can bring it back now that Gingerbread Man is DOA.

Hey, I have a question. To whom do I direct my ire regarding the W7th St train crossing?  I assume this is a BNSF issue, but why do these stupid idiots insist on running trains through there during rush hour and the lunch hour?

I have lived down in this area for the past 10 years and over the past decade I could count on two hands the times that a train was coming through that area during the morning commute. It's happened like 4 times in the past month, in addition to during lunch hour frequently -- basically the exact worst times for traffic in that area.

There's no better feeling than getting caught at that fucker, and then watching the train come tantalizingly close to clearing the intersection only to slow down, stop, and then go all the way in reverse as they're hooking up or disconnecting cars. We can't do this shit at like 1030am when nothing but the olds and unemployable and asshole salesmen are on the public roadways?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Write Betsy a sternly worded letter. I bet she has a little switch on her bike that tells the train she is coming so the train can stop and let her through. For all of us we are just fucked. Hell I'm not sure I've ever seen a train on those tracks.

Monday I left the house at 730am. Hit the train crossing with the rails down. Considered popping into Starbucks to grab a coffee while the train goes through, but it looked to be moving with the quickness. Then it started the backing up, forward, backing up shit. Then it just sat there stopped. 7:45 I busted a u-turn. By the time I got over to Lancaster, so many other people had done that, the Lancaster/Summit red light traffic was backed up all the way to the bridge. I got to the other side of downtown by 810am.  40 minutes to go about 4 miles.  Fuck trains. 

• Haha 1

Kona’s replacement. 

The Dallas-based STIRR restaurant is bringing their casual chic dining concept to Crockett Row on West 7th. It replaces Kona Grill that closed recently. 

STIRR, a bar and restaurant in Deep Ellum, calls itself a new American eatery that serves lunch and dinner and brunch on the weekends. It also has a weekday happy hour from 3 to 7 p.m. on weekdays, where the bar and lounge are open. The dinner menu features twists on American classics, like gorgonzola waffle fries and a poblano berkshire pork chop, while the midday menu can be perfect for the power luncher who need a quick and affordable salad and sandwich. 

STIRR opened in Dallas in October 2016 and has quickly gained a following in the Deep Ellum neighborhood.

“We’ve been very fortunate that it’s been a very successful restaurant for us,” said Imram Sheikh, the CEO and partner of Milkshake Concepts, the company behind STIRR.

Milkshake Concepts had been looking to expand to Fort Worth for a long time, and Crockett Row turned out to be the perfect location because of its central location — it’s smack dab in the heart of the culture district, and it’s just minutes from downtown. 

“Fort Worth was very much on our radar,” Sheikh said. “The space on Crockett row for us just spoke to us.”

The Fort Worth STIRR location will be similar to the flagship Dallas one, complete with a rooftop lounge. It will be at 3028 Crockett St., and is tentatively scheduled to open by October. Fort Worth will be the third location, after the restaurant in Addison opens this summer.

15 hours ago, thestud said:

On the days I work at the hospital I go to LA on Crockett, then on to Tom Thumb for some half priced steaks for the freezer and my veggies and egg whites for the day at work. I keep the same schedule every day and I’ve never seen a train until a few weeks ago about 6:10 am. Haven’t seen it since either.

Tell me more of these half priced steaks...

isn't the pizza at Partons thin and crispy? I dont want some totinos bullshit.

and I went panther city bbq last week. it was good, but not what i remembered from my first trip a while back. there was a shit ton of pepper on the brisket, i don't remember the pepper being caked on like that. And just to be picky, the brisket was sliced super thick. the sausage and ribs were were equally as good. I also went with the sliced pork belly, don't waste your time on it.

10 hours ago, dmtx said:

isn't the pizza at Partons thin and crispy? I dont want some totinos bullshit.

and I went panther city bbq last week. it was good, but not what i remembered from my first trip a while back. there was a shit ton of pepper on the brisket, i don't remember the pepper being caked on like that. And just to be picky, the brisket was sliced super thick. the sausage and ribs were were equally as good. I also went with the sliced pork belly, don't waste your time on it.

Yes, the Partons pizza is thin and crispy. It's also loaded up with more toppings than any other pizza in town. Great pie.

• Like 3

On 3/6/2019 at 2:38 PM, Errestaurants said:

I always enjoyed Rick's On The Bricks

Brother Mumford did have a great bar and the bar grub there was some of the best I have ever had.  Rick's and JJ's Hideaway were in my rotation with regularity in the mid 80's.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 8:10 PM, Dr Fear said:
On 3/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, spystud13 said:
That little shithole bar ain’t still there, is it? Never patronized that one. 

I actually saw them changing the sign the other day from "Moon Tower" to a new one that says "Yellow Rose."

It was the hangout bar for the White Settlemnt gypsies, and I thought they owned it?

Big time shot in the dark...

i read an article a few months back about a couple who moved about an hour-ish northwest of FW and started a stone fire pizza 'restaurant' in their backyard and it's byob. It got really popular through word of mouth only. Ring a bell at all?

Belton is obviously south, but this popped up on a google search. 

Founded in 2017 by Jason & Alis Brumbalow, Fire Street Pizza started as a wood-fired oven in our backyard and soon evolved into Central Texas’ premiere wood-fired food truck. With the success of the truck, we decided to launch our dream of a destination restaurant featuring exceptional wood-fired pizza, Texas craft beer & wines, great music, yard games and good times. That’s what Fire Street is all about. We invite you to join us and relax as we strive to create a fun, inviting experience for everyone. We believe in good pizza, so, let’s fire one up!

http://www.firestreetpizza.com/

4 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

Some of the biggest hail I've seen in years just rolled through Parker County. Look out FW it is heading that way.

Well that's great.  Just got a new roof that was finished yesterday.

6 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:
6 hours ago, pch said:
Well that's great.  Just got a new roof that was finished yesterday.

I hope it missed you.

Other than thunder and a slight rain, no hail.  Thanks.

16 hours ago, bluto said:

Big time shot in the dark...

i read an article a few months back about a couple who moved about an hour-ish northwest of FW and started a stone fire pizza 'restaurant' in their backyard and it's byob. It got really popular through word of mouth only. Ring a bell at all?

That would be Ancient Ovens up in St. Jo in Montague county.  Went there a couple of years ago and enjoyed a great meal.   This is a reservations only location so be sure and make arrangements before driving up there.

http://www.ancientovens.com/

We missed all the bad hail in Annetta. Just big enough to make a few noises hitting the roof.

My daughter dances (fuck your rules) at studio that was across from the Gypsy trailer park(studio has since moved). Those little fucks threw rocks at me after I made them leave the studio because they were harassing the girls. They were saying things that my 38yr old self still has never said. Somehow the pussies never hit me or a vehicle.

Which reminds me of the rock throwing champion days of my childhood. Grew up all in and around the Castleberry School District. We were dirt poor so literally all I did was throw things for fun. Rocks mostly. We were living on Isabell when I was 4 and I was throwing rocks over the house to the front. Apparently I hit more than one car. Got my ass whipped for that.

What I really thought of was we eventually we wound up over off Sam Calloway down towards the river. Well if you didn’t know the bridge where you crossover from Westworth to RO has a damn under it. Well my sister (she’s a big girl you don’t want pics and white so no Vic) would always go play down there. One day we were on the RO side of the River and two older kids were on the other and they decided to chunk rocks at us. I bent over to find the best throwing rock I could that I knew I could curve in the wind. Let loose and watched the thing fly. Next thing I knew one of those kids grabbed his head and wound up falling then rolling in to the river. We booked it. Never heard anything about those assholes.

• Like 1