Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Nobody hit up Zoli's yesterday? The wife wouldn't go, thought it would be a cluster-eff, plus we are already doing pizza on Thursday for Halloween. From the pics I saw, it wasn't too crowded. I'm really looking forward to the ice cream. They have one with swiss pastry's black forest cake.

Hit up bearded lady this weekend, cool spot with lots of room outside.

Had the new zolis... meh. Typical wet paper towel crust that requires two hands. Really like the layout/setup and everybody working there seemed pleasant. Ice cream next door looks legit.

West Camp Bowie restaurant update (that you have all been waiting for):

-The Mike Smith Subs is closed and has a changed locks/non-payment of rent notice on the door.  I don't think it made it a year.

-The old Denny's by Risky's has work going on and there is a sign up that says "Coming Soon: Little Germany."

Wow. 78 days is crazy.  Some banker got screwed on that one 

Didn’t they invest a ton of money in that location? Insane to be closed in under 3 months.

Wife and I went when it first opened. She liked it a lot. I thought it was okay.

It can’t be a good thing for potential FW bar and restaurant investors to see a place like that close so quickly.

Didn’t they invest a ton of money in that location? Insane to be closed in under 3 months.

Wife and I went when it first opened. She liked it a lot. I thought it was okay.

It can’t be a good thing for potential FW bar and restaurant investors to see a place like that close so quickly.
You could say that...4f6875fc93184f8b3a66c19e776c9609.jpg

Stirr isn’t exactly punch bowl but those guys have to be sweating some after dropping the cash they did to redo Kona in such a tough location.

Can’t imagine the food hall is long for this world either. I have never seen it busy, not even during SS/rodeo just 2 blocks away.

For as much shit as I give FW’s limpdick ability to support the attempts at new bars/restaurants, I gotta say I think Cook Shack has struck gold. Went on Sunday late lunch and couldn’t find a parking spot. And every other time I’ve been there has been folks eating there.

Dad and I used to eat at Peony's once a week in the mid 90's. the good 'ol days

Grew up in River Oaks and at the time Peony’s was the only place that would deliver.

Edit: I said “was the only place” but I guess I mean it was the only place I remember getting delivery from.

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Grew up in River Oaks and at the time Peony’s was the only place that would deliver.

Edit: I said “was the only place” but I guess I mean it was the only place I remember getting delivery from.

Damn that's a hell of a delivery from west camp Bowie & Alta Mere to River Oaks. Guess they took 183 down. Dad and I also used to visit the Peony's on 35 south next to longhorn Dodge past the now Mexican mall. Only can imagine how gross the kitchen had to of been

2 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Damn that's a hell of a delivery from west camp Bowie & Alta Mere to River Oaks. Guess they took 183 down. Dad and I also used to visit the Peony's on 35 south next to longhorn Dodge past the now Mexican mall. Only can imagine how gross the kitchen had to of been

I had completely forgotten about that location but visited there numerous times in the late 70's. 

• Like 1

Did any of you guys actually grow up in and around Ft. Worth? I'm from Haltom City. Went to North Oaks middle and Haltom High. 

Lived in River Oaks (Castleberry High) most of my young life. Moved off Sam Calloway and lived there until my 20’s. Stayed on the west side until last year we moved to Aledo.

11 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Lived in River Oaks (Castleberry High) most of my young life. Moved off Sam Calloway and lived there until my 20’s. Stayed on the west side until last year we moved to Aledo.

There was a guy named Lucky that had a baseball card shop in River Oaks. I grew up on the west side of Fort Worth. Spent a lot of my youth on the west side lions fields. There was a good pizza place called Partons right over there. Once tried to get into New Orleans nights in high school. I went to a private school.