Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

We really, really suck at this football stuff. 

Last season was a turning point for the Fort Worth Diamond Hill-Jarvis football program. The Eagles snapped a 77-game losing streak and won three games for the first time since 2005. 

They checked off the next item on their list in the regular season finale on Thursday vs. Western Hills — win a district game. 

DHJ beat WHHS 23-20 for it first district win in 10 years.

1 hour ago, Angry Gorilla said:

Can't remember the name, but I used to ride my bike there all the time growing up.

there was a card shop in Haltom City on Stanley Keller and 377 next to Winn Dickme. Remember riding my bike over there to buy the Mark McGwire rookie card. The one with him wearing the USA baseball uniform. I thought i was king of the world with that thing. 

there was a card shop in Haltom City on Stanley Keller and 377 next to Winn Dickme. Remember riding my bike over there to buy the Mark McGwire rookie card. The one with him wearing the USA baseball uniform. I thought i was king of the world with that thing. 
So how often you typing in dickme in your phone to get that autocorrect....
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

We really, really suck at this football stuff. 
Last season was a turning point for the Fort Worth Diamond Hill-Jarvis football program. The Eagles snapped a 77-game losing streak and won three games for the first time since 2005. 
They checked off the next item on their list in the regular season finale on Thursday vs. Western Hills — win a district game. 
DHJ beat WHHS 23-20 for it first district win in 10 years.

Weren’t y’all pretty decent back in our days? I know you’re a tad older but still close enough. I know the baseball program was always legit.
  • Like 1

I spent a lot of my childhood in North Side. Great grandparents and Grandpa lived in Diamond Hill off Oscar over by terminal/dean. Mom spent most of her childhood there. Jarvis sucked at all sports other than soccer from what i remember and even than they weren't very good. When I was 16 i used to buy Old English at Long & Decatur.  Shit used to pop off at El Parian night club off Dean. First time I ever saw a taco/food truck was there. probably around '92

10 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Wiki shows that as fall ‘93, which is the ‘94 school year. Just talked to a buddy that graduated in ‘97, he went to the WH playoff games in fall ‘96. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hills_High_School_(Benbrook,_Texas)#Football

yea we beat you guys in the fall of '96. 

4 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Not in the playoffs, maybe the regular season. Buddy that was there specifically remembers Derek Dorris of Azle running all over us to end the season. 

We will have to agree to disagree. Im telling you we beat Western Hills in 1996 at the old Texas Stadium. we finished undefeated and won our district. you guys were 5A back then with OD Wyatt and Dunbar. 

Not in the playoffs, maybe the regular season. Buddy that was there specifically remembers Derek Dorris of Azle running all over us to end the season. 

He ran all over everyone. They(Azle) were in our district in 96 and he ran the opening kickoff back against us.

We will have to agree to disagree. Im telling you we beat Western Hills in 1996 at the old Texas Stadium. we finished undefeated and won our district. you guys were 5A back then with OD Wyatt and Dunbar. 

I think you’re off. WH was definitely 4A that year. Looks like Haltom was 93.
  • Like 1

Fear, Typhoon, & I know this cat. 

Wild Acre Brewing’s new west side restaurant and brewery is lining up a new chef, maybe chef David Hollister.

Hollister, former chef at the Dagwood’s restaurants and sandwich shops in Ridgmar and on Foch Street, has led the kitchen at several restaurants including Dallas’ Gas Monkey Grill.

Wild Acre Brewing is converting part of a former supermarket into a 3,000-square-foot brewhouse and restaurant. The supermarket, most recently a Kroger, was built in the 1970s for Skaggs Alpha Beta (later Albertsons).

More information will be coming next week from Wild Acre. 

Not sure what the word ‘maybe’ is supposed to be in the first sentence, that’s not right. 

Who’s been to Olivella’s near the old Baker St? 

https://www.olivellas.com/fort-worth

Also, appears the Moon is re-open in the multi-failure Americado with a chicken joint inside. 

The chicken explosion is coming to West Berry Street.

Chef Josh Harmon’s new chicken stand inside The Moon Bar will serve Korean, Nashville or southern fried chicken plates and sandwiches.

The name: BirdieBop. It isn’t open yet, but watch for it in a couple of weeks inside the new Moon, now at 2000 W. Berry St.

The website jokingly promises “fine fried chicken and fried chicken accessories.”

We know Harmon from his Butler’s Cabinet sandwich shop in the Food Hall at Crockett Row, and from his former Milk & Honey Co. in Keller, which served a “Granny’s” fried chicken.

But he’s kicked around several Dallas kitchens: Savor, FT33, Driftwood, Junction Craft Kitchen and lately, redoing the menus for the restaurants in the Belmont Hotel.

According to Escape Hatch Dallas, Harmon recently taped an episode of “Restaurant Rivals” for the Food Network.

At BirdieBop, he’ll have help from Adrian Hulet of the FrankenKitchen pop-ups.

The menu online offers a “Closed On Sunday” fried chicken sandwich, a reference to Chick-fil-A.

He’ll also serve Korean sticky wings, a Nashville hot sandwich, double-garlic wings and side dishes like “mac-and-kimchi-eese” and pimiento cheese chicken biscuits.

The counter is inside The Moon Bar, a former TCU-area handout that has reopened at 2000 W. Berry St., the former Americado location.

The bar is open evenings now. BirdieBop wll open for lunch and dinner; birdiebop.com.

https://moonbartx.com/

Well, I went back to BBQ on the Brazos on Friday. Arrived right at 11am, nothing has changed from my last visit, very avg bbq, brisket was dry and crumbled. Ribs did pull off the bone, but overcooked and had little flavor, even after he shaked some rub over them. Sausage could've came from ekrich farms.

On another note, the bbq set up I saw by hot box biscuit club last weekend, looks to be Brix Barbecue.

13 hours ago, dmtx said:

Well, I went back to BBQ on the Brazos on Friday. Arrived right at 11am, nothing has changed from my last visit, very avg bbq, brisket was dry and crumbled. Ribs did pull off the bone, but overcooked and had little flavor, even after he shaked some rub over them. Sausage could've came from ekrich farms.

On another note, the bbq set up I saw by hot box biscuit club last weekend, looks to be Brix Barbecue.

Brix BBQ is excellent, and their new location catty-corner from Hop Fusion will be convenient. Owner Trevor is a good dude too.

2 hours ago, fwtxbevo said:

Brix BBQ is excellent, and their new location catty-corner from Hop Fusion will be convenient. Owner Trevor is a good dude too.

I've heard good things, looking forward to it. I missed out when he was in the food hall off berry, then missed out on a couple of pop ups he did. Looks like he should rolling smoke very soon.

Blue Goose Cantina coming to the old breadwinners spot in university park village( across street from old south pancake)

Have had the grapevine location and its nothing to really recommend...standard OTB texmex with worse salsa. Drink specials are ok and sure it will be full of tcu students for 2$ margs on tuesday

Just a fyi but if anybody hits it up and feels different let the rest know. Ill stick with numerous better options we already have.See if they get added to list of closed restaurants in 2020/21