Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Apparently the final straw with the landlord went down today, they’re working on Cityview as we speak, & Billy won’t be the new owner, hence the name change. 

Clearly, all sides knew the end was near. 

Edited by ss13
  • Like 1

I was reading through nextdoor this morning - doubt it would really be a 5-star but still 

Montgomery Street development

Talking with commercial realtor about land costs in our area. He said that his client was closing on the Dairy Queen and the land behind it plus the two other buildings. Plans to build 5 star hotel at that location. My guess is hotel near Montgomery and multi- story garage towards Owasso. Also know about another 5 lots being sold to build town homes.

14 hours ago, bluto said:

That west 7th food hall is depressing as hell. What a complete failure. Went by today, first time in a few mos, there’s 5 stalls still operating out of 15ish total. A couple stalls I don’t think were ever occupied.

Its a ghost town in there. I've been twice, it was depressingly quiet. Half the stuff is way overpriced. The Hookers hamburger was tiny, overpriced.

Two place I want to hit up at the moment - Enchilada Ole, the one saturday I had time, they were closed because they lost power to half the building. 

Birdiebop, they set up shop in the moon bar.

Um yeah, this is 100% a go for me now. 

On 2/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, ss13 said:

Also, don’t know anything about the place except this article from last month. It’s near the four I linked above, give it a shot & report back. 

Chicago-style Italian beef has a new home in downtown Arlington.

Hershey’s Palace, formerly on South Halsted Street in the Windy City, has opened on East Abram Street.

Those winds blew Hershey’s everywhere else before Arlington. The restaurant moved to Breckenridge, Texas, and two Sansom Park locations before settling at 513 E. Abram St. in the Urban Union district.

The new location is more central for Hershey’s expatriate Chicago followers and for new patrons seeking Hershey’s chicken tenders, catfish and Chicago sandwiches.

You can’t tell it from the menu, but Hershey’s is best known for an Italian beef sandwich. Order it “dipped” or “wet,” with hot giardiniera relish.

Hershey’s also serves steak hoagies, chicken wings and “pizza puffs,” along with a routine thin-crust pizza.

Each comes with — a big plus — crinkle fries.

It’s a small take-out counter with a few tables, although an expansion is planned.

It’s open for lunch and dinner daily in a former chicken stand on Abram near Fuzzy’s Taco Shop; 682-323-5050.

Fucking AWFUL name for a Chicago joint though. 

• Like 1

spy’s eagerly awaited 2020 Ole review... 

Pros: 

Food still great
Service still great
Full bar room now with a few TVs 

Cons: 

Parking may actually be worse. Shitload of neighboring businesses ain’t happy. 
Prices went up, but we knew that was coming. 
Margs shrunk. Still good, but changed to shittier glassware. 

Overall still a solid A, & will kill it in that much richer locale. 

Grandy's on the traffic circle at 183 and Camp Bowie closed down.  Not surprising.  When they re-opened I went there...once. It sucked.  I'm shocked that I didn't get sick with the uncooked rolls they served and the horrible chicken. 

Too bad, I liked their Tuesday and Thursday Chicken Fried Steak special.  It used to be really good.

Sounds like Brazos was fucked even before the ‘Rona. 

BBQ on the Brazos is without co-founder John Sanford for a few weeks as he recovers from a severe infection following a surgery.

Pitmaster John Sanford II is smoking meats as always at lunch Tuesdays through Saturdays at 3803 Southwest Blvd. But the restaurant has suspended Sunday lunch service until the senior Sanford returns

Co-owner Kathryn Warren said the family may need a fundraiser to help pay the uninsured cost of Sanford’s multiple surgeries and treatment.

BBQ on the Brazos was the highest-ranked local barbecue restaurant in the most recent Texas Monthly top 50, before the current openings of more than 12 new craft barbecue restaurants and stands such as Hurtado, Goldee’s, Dayne’s and Derek Allan’s.

On 3/14/2020 at 8:18 PM, ss13 said:

Dive still open? 

Kennedy still likes it. 

The Dive Burger Bar has the best burger available from a drive-through window.

The burgers-and-seafood grill at 3520 Alta Mere Drive on the Benbrook Traffic Circle serves a classic chargrilled, brisket-blend burger with prime steakhouse flavor — but sold out the window of an old KFC with a notorious past.

Whether you get the regular burger with fries or the very good salmon burger, leave room for the Dive’s stellar Key lime pie; 817-560-3483, thediveoysterbartx.com.

Not sure if it’s that or they just don’t give a shit. Got a text from Albert, pretty sure you know him. 
I sure do, and he certainly would know. You should go with him to Twin Peaks sometimes, he knows everyone that works there and they all come over to chat.

19 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Boomer Jacks on 7th let just about everyone go.   The owner might need help to reopen. 

Sucks. 

I wonder if that Seven Lounge at the top of the bank building at 7th and University set the world record for the absolute worst time to open in bar history. 

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

I wonder if that Seven Lounge at the top of the bank building at 7th and University set the world record for the absolute worst time to open in bar history. 

While not a bar, The Chicken Salad Chick opened where the old Baker brothers was located near Montgomery Plaza this week!   

Rough week. 

Also, Roy Pope Grocery is closing for good after 77 years. 
Went in there yesterday, the dude behind the butcher counter said a few people have inquired about buying it but they need to completely redo the butcher/deli/kitchen which won't be cheap.

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:
9 hours ago, ss13 said:
Rough week. 

Went in there yesterday, the dude behind the butcher counter said a few people have inquired about buying it but they need to completely redo the butcher/deli/kitchen which won't be cheap.

My mother in law lived around the corner from this grocery in the 80's and they would deliver to her home.  Always appreciated the wonderful customer service provided by this FW classic. 

2 hours ago, Dr Fear said:
10 hours ago, ss13 said:
Rough week. 

I live around the corner from Roy Pope. They've been trying unload the place for a couple of years. They tried getting it rezoned. Someone was wanting to put up some type of building, office space, IDK.  Apparently several neighbors fought it off. 

On 6/23/2019 at 6:12 PM, spystud13 said:

If you ever find yourself on 377 in Benbrook & don’t want fast food, go here next to the post office. Big portions for not much $. I usually get the cayenne chicken sandwich, but burgers & catfish are good too. 

http://www.lonestargrill.biz/

Bump for my little Benbrook joint, killed it again tonight. 

Couple more options. 

▪ Fuego Burger, 4400 Benbrook Highway, a regular finalist in the Star-Telegram “Burger Battle” judging, added take-out meals such as New Mexico green chile chicken casseroles ($25). A Fuego burger combo is $6.99; 682-250-5600.

▪ Gyro House, an Arlington favorite, 720 W. Division St., 817-460-4842, gyroshousetx.com.

That gyro joint is in an old shitty Taco Bell or something, but it’s good. 

Good luck. There is more on that post about the meat boxes tust are available, but I couldn't fit it all in the screen capture.
I know you have a Galaxy, found this little scroll trick last week, there is a down arrow that pops up at the bottom when you take a screenshot.
cf3ace90ba171d8edfe0836d7dfb4799.jpg