Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

21 hours ago, ss13 said:

Kind of a fucked up pic, our city had to remove all rims & volleyball nets because we don’t listen good. 

ECB9-DA55-800-A-41-A7-91-EC-4-BC963-D8-B

I don't blame the city a bit. I ride my bike through there almost daily, and as recently as Sunday, that court was packed every time. 

I don't blame the city a bit. I ride my bike through there almost daily, and as recently as Sunday, that court was packed every time. 

Same thought I had. I hope people are smart enough about outdoor activities to not get the parks and trails shut down completely. It’s been more crowded than usual and I still see cyclists and, to a lesser extent, runners in groups. Not sure why it’s so hard for people to understand.

Good luck, bro. 

Rufus Bar & Grill, a new restaurant by pitmaster Billy Woodrich of Billy’s Oak Acres BBQ, will open next week at 460 Bryant Irvin Road selling take-out barbecue, chicken-fried steak and family packs.

Good luck, bro. 
Rufus Bar & Grill, a new restaurant by pitmaster Billy Woodrich of Billy’s Oak Acres BBQ, will open next week at 460 Bryant Irvin Road selling take-out barbecue, chicken-fried steak and family packs.

The guys that backed Uncle Daddys and have the lease/equipment at that spot (not Rodney) need to keep something in there so I would guess Billy will have some flexibility unless it completely crashes.

If you do the FB, Fort Worth Foodies has a lot of information. 

We did Reata on Saturday. I got their marg kit.

I know blue goose and rio mambo has margs as well. 

Enchiladas Ole says they do, but they didnt have them when I went. Tip - order early. I ordered at 2pm for a 615pm pick up, it was ready at 640pm. 20+ people had ordered for immediate pick up, and they were waiting 45-60mins after their pick up time. 

• Like 1

Mother fucker, I’m friends with this lady’s son. Fortunately he just texted that they caught the piece of shit & he confessed. 

A 70-year-old woman driving home from work at midday Wednesday was fatally shot in the head by a motorist passing on a Fort Worth highway, police said.

The killer’s identity is not known to detectives. Fort Worth police on Friday released a photograph of a white sport utility vehicle whose driver may have witnessedthe killing of Julia Gregor of Benbrook.

Gregor was shot about 11:45 a.m. in the southbound lanes of West Loop 820, near Camp Bowie West Boulevard, police said. She died about 4 1/2 hours laterat Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office said.

The assailant was possibly inside a vehicle when he or she shot the victim, who was inside a separate vehicle, police said.

After Gregor was shot, her Toyota Camry crashed into a guardrail in the median.

Someone who has information about Gregor’s killing should call a detective at 817-392-4338, police said.

The suspect in the killing last week of a 70-year-old grandmother as she drove on a Fort Worth highway was arrested Tuesday, according to police.

Jeffery Watson, 34, was booked into jail on suspicion of murder.

Julia Gregor was driving from work as a supervisor at XPO Logistics to her Benbrook home at midday April 1 when Watson shot her in the head, police alleged.

Gregor was married to her husband, Ted, for 53 years and they had four children and three grandchildren.

“I’m just — I’m glad he’s caught. I wouldn’t want another family to go through this,” Ted Gregor told the Star-Telegram on Tuesday.

Police did not immediately release information about the slaying’s motive.

Julia Gregor was shot about 11:45 a.m. in the southbound lanes of West Loop 820, near Camp Bowie West Boulevard, police said.

She died about 4 1/2 hours later at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital, the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office said.

After Gregor was shot, her Toyota Camry crashed into a guardrail in the median.

Couple more updates... 

She had worked for about 15 years at XPO Logistics as a supervisor dealing with failed electronics. Gregor, 70, usually worked from 3 a.m. to 3 p.m., but left early last Wednesday and headed to her Benbrook home.

—— 

After posting information about the crime on social media on Friday, homicide detectives received an anonymous tip that led them to Watson, police said. In an interview with detectives, Watson admitted to his involvement in the shooting, police said.

Don’t know for a fact, but good chance she left early that day for some type of ‘Rona-related reason. 

Glad somebody ratted that fuck out though. 

Jesus fuck, the details. 

An arrest warrant affidavit written by Detective Thomas O’Brien describes this account of Watson and Gregor’s encounter on April 1:

About 11:45 a.m., Gregor was driving along the southbound lanes of West Loop 820, near Camp Bowie West Boulevard.

Jeffery Watson was traveling in the fast lane as was Gregor, but she was driving much slower, he told police. When he got behind her, she hit her brakes.

Jeffery Watson told a detective that upset him and as he drove past Gregor, she flipped him off. He drove in front of her and slammed on his brakes, causing both vehicles to stop in the fast line of the highway, he told police.

Gregor continued to flip him off, he said, and he pulled out his gun and attempted to shoot her tires, according to the warrant affidavit. Watson shot twice at the car but said he did not know if he had hit the vehicle. He left the highway and went to his job.

Gregor’s husband of 53 years suggested in an interview with the Star-Telegram that if Watson’s account is accurate, his wife had lost her life over a trivial matter.

“All I know is if I would’ve shot everybody who’s flipped me off, there would be quite a few dead people,” Ted Gregor said. “That’s no excuse to me.”

“That’s just his story. I really don’t know,” he said.

Sad to read that it also could have been avoided if she didn't escalate it by brake checking him and continuing to antagonize what you're seeing is another road raged person. Sounds like she had a little bit of road rage in her as well. There's too many instances of this happening in DFW. I just laugh it off and wave at people if they get pissed at me and try to play these games with me. Obviously i'm not blaming her, yet it seems she could have avoided it.

3 sides to every story, we’re only getting the living. 

This is pretty much where I sit on this one. Either way there’s no way in hell she did anything that was deserving of being shot. I just don’t see a 70yr old woman doing any of what he reported. Possibly maybe gave him the finger, but even then that feels like a stretch.
  • Like 1

Rufus Bar & Grill, 4608 Bryant Irvin Road, new from the pitmaster of the former Billy’s Oak Acres BBQ, sells a $40 family dinner for four people with chicken-fried steak or chicken and two side dishes. There’s also a $35 double-cheeseburger family dinner for four; 817-420-9910, facebook.com/rufusbarandgrill.

Rufus' menu
oNtVUr2.png

Not positive, but this appears to be the guy behind 'Rufus'. 
https://treyschowdown.com/
Ol' boy Hollister was aligned with that site a few years ago as well. 
$7.95 for fried pickles lol, they have to be highest markup appetizer in the restaurant industry. Chicken quesadilas are virtually the same price.

I thought they were gonna do less BBQ but they got everything. Are they smoking it off site? I don't see how they could do it there.

Had the $40 CFS family deal from Rufus, shit-ton of food. They still need a lot of work on their pick-up process, but inside is cooler than I expected. Would be easy to kill a couple hours on a weekend if sports ever fucking happen again 

Had the $40 CFS family deal from Rufus, shit-ton of food. They still need a lot of work on their pick-up process, but inside is cooler than I expected. Would be easy to kill a couple hours on a weekend if sports ever fucking happen again 
How was the CFS?

On 4/18/2020 at 8:52 AM, Dr Fear said:
On 4/17/2020 at 8:13 PM, ss13 said:
Buttons moving to Dallas by the Galleria. 

That place had completely gone to shit when I went there about a year ago.

Pretty sure Keith Hicks and the investors had a falling out some time ago. I used to see him pretty often at Central Market sitting on the patio making notes in a book. Not sure what he does now. 

Anyone know this Barnett cat? 

Fred Barnett is the PR spokesman for several bars in the Stockyards, including the Basement Bar. He said when they posted about reopening, they were not expecting the reaction they received, which he called “downright vicious.” 

He said people are terrified of coronavirus, but he does not believe it is as deadly or widespread in Texas as people think. 

“Obviously public safety and employee safety is first and foremost, but we feel like there are a lot of questions going unanswered that we certainly would like to have answered (about coronavirus),” he said. 

——

At about 1 p.m. Wednesday, the bar posted again, saying Facebook removed their first post but they were still planning on opening May 1. 

“May 1st all bars will be open. We just happened to advertise it first and between the supporters and the haters, it was the best PR move we ever made. Thank you for almost 300k views and comments!” the new post said.

——

Barnett said if the county, city or state decided to extend the shutdown of businesses, he and the other bar staff would have to “to think long and hard” about their options, including possibly filing a lawsuit or taking legal action. 

“I don’t want to take it off the table. I’m not threatening anybody, I know everybody is trying to do the best they can,” he said. “But it makes no sense.”

Anyone know this Barnett cat? 
Fred Barnett is the PR spokesman for several bars in the Stockyards, including the Basement Bar. He said when they posted about reopening, they were not expecting the reaction they received, which he called “downright vicious.” 
He said people are terrified of coronavirus, but he does not believe it is as deadly or widespread in Texas as people think. 
“Obviously public safety and employee safety is first and foremost, but we feel like there are a lot of questions going unanswered that we certainly would like to have answered (about coronavirus),” he said. 
——
At about 1 p.m. Wednesday, the bar posted again, saying Facebook removed their first post but they were still planning on opening May 1. 
“May 1st all bars will be open. We just happened to advertise it first and between the supporters and the haters, it was the best PR move we ever made. Thank you for almost 300k views and comments!” the new post said.
——
Barnett said if the county, city or state decided to extend the shutdown of businesses, he and the other bar staff would have to “to think long and hard” about their options, including possibly filing a lawsuit or taking legal action. 
“I don’t want to take it off the table. I’m not threatening anybody, I know everybody is trying to do the best they can,” he said. “But it makes no sense.”

They may not be that out of line when the new state policy gets relaxed in the next couple of days. I would guess they would let restaurants open half capacity and keep the bars shut for a few more weeks but who knows.da2024c99d57a78c9b29f5bfeb3289a6.jpg

I’m more interested in knowing exactly what “PR spokesman for several bars in the Stockyards” entails. Sounds a little fishy. 
I went to elementary school at Fort Worth Academy with Billy Bob Barnett's twin children. I don't remember a Fred, the kids were Brooke and Jim Bob or something like that. Went out to their house on Eagle Mountain back in like 87, that place was first class.

You’ve been to the Cline’s land, right? Their neighbors our age right across the field there were Mark & Danny Barnett, not the most high-class clan. 

This Fred Barnett was one of the failed owners of the Bar Rescue episode. 

https://www.fwweekly.com/2019/09/04/stampede-saloon-bar-rescued/

My personal favorite Fred Barnett... 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarnFr00.htm

• Like 1

You’ve been to the Cline’s land, right? Their neighbors our age right across the field there were Mark & Danny Barnett, not the most high-class clan. 

This Fred Barnett was one of the failed owners of the Bar Rescue episode. 
https://www.fwweekly.com/2019/09/04/stampede-saloon-bar-rescued/

My personal favorite Fred Barnett... 
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BarnFr00.htm
Total burner.
d920295d128c252247fbe137202e6544.jpg
  • Like 1