Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

4 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Didn't Dallas have a curfew yesterday? What did FW think was gonna happen if Dallas was on a strict curfew and we weren't?

Just like the COVID stuff, it astonishes me that these cities don't coordinate better on this shit. 

Anyone know we had this? 

His menu offers not only mild or spicy ramen — the miso ramen ($11) comes mild or spicy with habanero or reaper peppers — but also pork dumplings, Japanese fried chicken thighs and edamame.

There’s one entree, panko-crusted shrimp with rice and cabbage slaw ($15).

The Fort Worth delivery kitchen, on a branch of Camp Bowie Boulevard near the Ridglea Hills neighborhood, also offers sushi rolls from $4 up to the “Demon Slayer” with jalapenos and habanero aioli ($13) or the “Funkytown’s Finest” with spicy tuna, pickled okra and a sweet-spicy miso ($14). A tuna tower is $13.

The Fort Worth store is one of the city’s first delivery-only “ghost kitchens” along with Lanny Lancarte II’s new Eat Fajitas delivery startup.

García was busy with online orders the first few days.

“It allows me the ease of quickly accepting and making the food,” he said. 

It’s also safer.

“It also limits the amount of time we interact with non-employees, or having to handle cards and cash directly,” he said.

The Kintaro in Arlington is open daily for lunch and dinner and until midnight Thursdays through Saturdays; 817-538-5344, kintaroramen.kitchen.

The Fort Worth location takes orders for lunch and dinner daily except Sundays; 817-489-5055.

https://kintaroramen.kitchen/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/Kintaro-Fort-Worth-Simplified-Menu.pdf

Can’t even pick-up at the FW location. 

Mama’s Pizza, the old-time pizzeria voted Fort Worth’s best through much of its 52-year history, will open a much-awaited Hudson Oaks location, owner Jordan Scott said Wednesday.

The seventh Mama’s will replace another pizzeria at 100 S. Oakridge Drive, near Blu Jasmine Thai in a shopping center across Fort Worth Highway from the city’s busy H-E-B supermarket.

Mama’s is a traditional pizzeria known for using double mozzarella on every pizza. But the restaurants have added thin-crust or gluten-free pizzas, grilled chicken, Alfredo sauce “white pizzas” and toppings such as spinach or basil.

“We’re traditional pizza,” said Jordan Scott, in his 15th year as owner of a legacy founded in 1968 as a sideline for a Fort Worth schoolteacher.

“We grate our own cheese and we use plenty of it. When you carry out a Mama’s pizza, it’s gonna weigh a couple of pounds,” Scott said.

The original owner, retired teacher Ed Stebbins of Arlington, said he wanted to serve something like his Italian family served in Connecticut. Not the cheap, cracker-crust pizzas of Pizza Inn or Pizza Hut chains.

“Everything back then was flat and flimsy,” Stebbins said in a 2018 interview.

At first, there was no “Mama.”

Stebbins chose the name to contrast with the popular pizzeria of that day, Papa’s Pizza Parlor, a Shakey’s-esque family restaurant with a player piano.

But the woman everyone knew as Mama was his mother-in-law, Catherine Biggs, who ran the former Texas Wesleyan University flagship store for 18 years.

Biggs had just retired when Scott started as a teenager at the old Mama’s on Camp Bowie Boulevard. Now, the newer Mama’s nearby at 5800 Camp Bowie Blvd. is his company’s No. 1 location, followed by an Arlington location at 1200 N. Fielder Road.

Scott also owns the Mama’s on Camp Bowie Boulevard, North Fielder Road and the oldest location, 1813 W. Berry St. Franchise locations also are in Cityview, Mansfield and North Richland Hills; mamaspizzas.net.

@Fudbelty gonna spend his XTO $ there after going to HEB. 

16 hours ago, TornACL said:

Question, does the new 50% bar capacity thing also relax the dumb fuck rules about not being able to sit at the bar?

I am too lazy to look it up. 

i went to proper last night.  there were two seats open at either side of the bar.  the middle 4 or 5 were roped off.  but every table was full.

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

Was going through some old books, found this as a bookmark in one. 

8537-AB8-E-D069-4-A80-8712-9-FE4-FC08755

Can’t believe I missed a free drink. 

Jim Schusler had a good run with the Hideaway, Blues Bar, and Oyster Bar. The Hideaway and Blues Bar were always part of the annual White Trash Pub Crawl that began at the Hi Hat in the mid 80's.

Tomorrow was supposed to be a record high of around 104, but they’ve come down off that a little. Crazy part is it will drop down into the 60s early Wednesday morning. The early tee times will be loving life at Colonial before the weekend. 

Good for NRH. 

Enchiladas Olé, voted one of Texas’ 10 best Tex-Mex restaurants by readers of one publication, will open its first suburban location in North Richland Hills, owner Mary Patino Perez said Tuesday.

The Tex-Mex restaurant known for Perez’s gourmet enchilada sauces will replace a chicken tenders restaurant at 9005 North Tarrant Parkway, near Precinct Line Road alongside chain drive-thrus.

Enchiladas Olé is just settling into its current location, 2418 Forest Park Blvd. near TCU.

“This is a neighborhood location — our new location is next to fast food,” she said Tuesday.

Chick-fil-A and Whataburger are nearby. The location is off Davis Boulevard.

“We’re bringing a local restaurant,” she said.

Two more bite the dust. 

Cantina Laredo has become the second downtown anchor restaurant to close as the coronavirus recession continues to affect restaurants.

The Fort Worth location in The Tower, 530 Throckmorton St., is no longer listed on the company website and former employees posting on social media say it has closed.

A publicist for Dallas-based Consolidated Restaurant Operations did not respond to an emailed question. The company also owns El Chico, Cantina Laredo’s spiritual ancestor, along with other restaurants that remain open including a Silver Fox Steakhouse in Fort Worth.

Cantina Laredo is the second anchor restaurant to close downtown, following Bird Cafe.

Cantina Laredo is also the second flashy Tex-Mex restaurant to close downtown in the last year. Meso Maya, owned by the El Fenix chain, closed a Main Street location before coronavirus hit.

Zack Moutaouakil, owner of the Mercury Chop House steakhouse next door, said the closing wasn’t a surprise.

“The downtown dynamic has changed,” he said.

“People are working at home and not coming downtown. .... I’m still opening for dinner, but there aren’t as many people out moving around.” 

Nearby, Toro Toro Pan Latin Steakhouse has announced a June 22 reopening in the Renaissance Worthington hotel.

According to a real estate sales website, owners of Deep Ellum Brewing Co. are trying to sell their Funkytown Fermatorium west Fort Worth location.

While it’s on the market, the brewpub-restaurant could still reopen at 611 University Drive.

Real estate listing for the brewery

11 hours ago, ss13 said:

Who’s been here? Adding it to the list, but I’m never up that way. 

https://ruletheroostchicken.com/menu/

I’ve been there a few times. It’s average at best, and it’s pricey for chicken. They were slow on the service side as well, and it’s a small building for dining in. 

Maybe they got better. I haven’t been since January time frame. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

curious what you got that was average?  both the simply country and dressed up sandwiches are great.  and the queso fries are great.

It was so average that I don't even remember what I had.  It has been a while though.

I've been meaning to give it another try because I always like to go to a place twice before eliminating it completely. 

Damnit, Fear & I were going there for teen night tonight! 

Fort Worth bar The New PR’s is one of 12 across Texas that have had their licenses suspended after violating Gov. Greg Abbott’s reopening guidelines to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

According to the suspension order, The New PR’s exceeded the 50% inside occupancy limit allowed by the state on June 20. The New PR’s, located at 2411 N. Main St. in the Fort Worth Stockyards and also known as PR’s Saloon, will have its license suspended for 30 days.

The suspension is part of Operation Safe Open, a Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission effort to ensure safety protocols are followed to slow the spread of COVID-19. Protocols include indoor customer capacity limits of 50% for bars and 75% for restaurants, along with social distancing of at least 6 feet.

Operation Safe Open kicked off on Friday and has suspended 12 bar permits including The New PR’s. 

The commission notified all businesses on June 15 that a failure to meet state guidelines could result in an emergency suspension.

Damnit, Fear & I were going there for teen night tonight! 
Fort Worth bar The New PR’s is one of 12 across Texas that have had their licenses suspended after violating Gov. Greg Abbott’s reopening guidelines to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
According to the suspension order, The New PR’s exceeded the 50% inside occupancy limit allowed by the state on June 20. The New PR’s, located at 2411 N. Main St. in the Fort Worth Stockyards and also known as PR’s Saloon, will have its license suspended for 30 days.
The suspension is part of Operation Safe Open, a Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission effort to ensure safety protocols are followed to slow the spread of COVID-19. Protocols include indoor customer capacity limits of 50% for bars and 75% for restaurants, along with social distancing of at least 6 feet.
Operation Safe Open kicked off on Friday and has suspended 12 bar permits including The New PR’s. 
The commission notified all businesses on June 15 that a failure to meet state guidelines could result in an emergency suspension.

Jumped on their FB and this is the second picture. WTF is going on here?
eebaf3079dba2aabacbd21d865d41146.jpg

Bet that’s turtle races. The girls have to place the turtle on the ground without bending their knees & anyone that points in the crowd gets fined. Someone is probably about to bring her a turtle. 
That's the kind of fun the whole family can enjoy.

I was always amazed at that place. It was never nut to butt like Longhorns and Cowboy Cats was back in my day, but I’ll be damned if it wasn’t always busy. I’ve only been in there a couple times and it was a decent place to drink a couple cold ones and move on.

Shit, I’ve been in there when it’s fucking packed. If you drink anything but beer, you better know a bartender or get there early enough to post up. Chicks at the beer troughs probably make a killing, but I have no idea what a domestic longneck runs these days. 

I feel like I have a million stories from nights down in the Stockyards, but I don't remember anything that's ever happened down there. I have to be rip roaring to tolerate most of those places, but once that happens I am told I have a real good time.