Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

1 hour ago, bluto said:

What would you say to a friend who’s looking into (silent) investing into a new bar in w7th area? It just opened I think and operators already run a successful operation in Dallas, even surviving last yr.

The first obvious question to ask is can they afford to lose their entire investment.   Decent odds that is what will happen.

75-100 cars, that's fucking crazy. 

Brief write-up on Red Claws. 

The Nashville chicken invasion continues with the opening of Red Claws Hot Chicken, a spinoff of Arlington’s popular Red Claws Crab Shack.

The restaurant, 5278 S. Hulen St., combines spicy chicken sandwiches and tenders with Cajun seafood boil buckets.

The signature dish is the chicken sandwich with slaw ($8.99 with fries) in five levels of spice. The same heat is applied to tenders ($7.99) or wings (three/$7.99).

Chicken also comes by the bucket ($23.99-$29.99 with sides).

There’s gumbo ($7.25) and fried catfish or seafood baskets ($10.99-$12.99).

The crawfish and shrimp boil buckets sell for market price.

Red Claws Hot Chicken is open for lunch and dinner daily; 682-708-7468, redclawscrabshack.com.

spacer.png

And here's a couple pics of why Varsity is chillin' for a month. 

Spoiler

Varsity%201.jpg

Varsity2.jpg

75-100 cars, that's fucking crazy. 

Brief write-up on Red Claws. 
The Nashville chicken invasion continues with the opening of Red Claws Hot Chicken, a spinoff of Arlington’s popular Red Claws Crab Shack.
The restaurant, 5278 S. Hulen St., combines spicy chicken sandwiches and tenders with Cajun seafood boil buckets.
The signature dish is the chicken sandwich with slaw ($8.99 with fries) in five levels of spice. The same heat is applied to tenders ($7.99) or wings (three/$7.99).
Chicken also comes by the bucket ($23.99-$29.99 with sides).
There’s gumbo ($7.25) and fried catfish or seafood baskets ($10.99-$12.99).
The crawfish and shrimp boil buckets sell for market price.
Red Claws Hot Chicken is open for lunch and dinner daily; 682-708-7468, redclawscrabshack.com.
IMG-8348.jpg

And here's a couple pics of why Varsity is chillin' for a month. 
Spoiler

Varsity%201.jpg
Varsity2.jpg

Forget Covid, how are they even in compliance with fire/occupancy code? Lol

• Hook 'Em 1

WINTER STORM WATCH
ISSUED: 3:52 PM FEB. 11, 2021 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH
MONDAY AFTERNOON...

* WHAT...Heavy snow and blowing snow possible. Total snow
accumulations of 3 to 7 inches possible. Bitterly cold
temperatures expected. Near blizzard conditions possible.

* WHERE...Portions of north central and northeast Texas.

* WHEN...From late Saturday night through Monday afternoon.

* IMPACTS...Travel will become nearly impossible and could become
life threatening. The cold wind chills as low as 15 below zero
could result in hypothermia if precautions are not taken.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Precautions should be taken now to secure
pipes and anything susceptible to the extreme cold. Have plenty
of food and ways to stay warm in case of power outages.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

Well, then.

46 minutes ago, TornACL said:

How many text messages have yall received from people out of town/ out of state about this wreck? 

If I still had Facebook I guess I'd have to check myself in as "safe".

two so far.  I'm sitting up here in Flower Mound, but work right down there.  Of course, I've been at home like most people for damn near a year.

Someone bailed out the Deep Ellum debacle. 

Bankhead Brewing of Rowlett, named for a century-old federal highway, will open its second location in a $3 million brewery in west Fort Worth.

The brewpub and restaurant will move into the former Deep Ellum Brewing Co., 611 University Drive. It’s one block north of West Seventh Street, which was part of the historic Bankhead Highway across America.

Bankhead Brewing opened four years ago and serves a menu of wood-fired pizzas such as the “Carnivore of Love” with meatballs and sausage or the “Little Piggy” with pork, bacon and sweet figs.

Besides pizzas, the menu includes a brisket grilled cheese, burgers and salads, along with a sriracha cheddar-beer soup.

“While other breweries are focused 90% on beer, 10% on food, we put equal focus on both,” said owner Vivek Rajbahak, a former Pabst Brewing executive involved in the company’s craft beer strategy.

Bankhead wants patrons to come in “for the amazing food” as much as for beer or drinks, he said.

On 1/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I have a long sleeve JJ’s shirt that gets worn this time of year. Invariably someone stops me & asks a question about that place, it’s fucking weird. 

Mexican dude took a pic of it just now. Said he’s new to the area, loves oysters on the half-shell. Never fails. 

If my small sample size is accurate,  everyone in Fort Worth is currently hammered. When the sun came out I decided to get out while I can. I have seen two people carried out and another falling asleep at the bar. 

Similar in Dallas today, picked up dinner in bishop arts and shit was popping off

I have fond memories of J&J's. I went to school near downtown Ft Worth and my dad would pick me up and we'd go there most days. He had a few Buds and I had catfish, frog legs, or gumbo. I love their weird hush puppies and their method of french fries is still my favorite today: fresh potato, sliced in the slicer 1 foot from the fryer, then into the fryer. So simple.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, TornACL said:

So the roads are pretty good, but the traffic lights are out, including at the 7th/ University/Camp Bowie intersection of doom. So you can imagine how that's going. 

Yeah, that's not a problem 'cause they drive friendly in Texas. . . . . . .🤪

2 hours ago, pch said:

Yeah, that's not a problem 'cause they drive friendly in Texas. . . . . . .🤪

Someone on Facebook must have posted some viral driving instructions that say "never stop, for any reason" because I saw some motherfuckers just blow through stop signs even with traffic coming. 

As soon as I saw that the crazy intersection was lights out I took the side streets. Fuck that. 

a friend at the 5300 block of El Campo 76107 never lost power except for one 15 minute blip in the morning yesterday. I also heard Central Market was fine and doing business as usual.

I'm over in 76108, a couple of miles west of 820. Power has been out 24 straight hours. I ended taking the fam to the inlaws, but I had to work this AM. I heard Walsh and others in Aledo were in a lengthy outage.