Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Goldee's BBQ is legit. I went with lean brisket, moist and tender, good rub on them. Ribs were peppery, tasted great with their vinegary sauce. Sausage was good, I prefer a coarse grind. I really liked their cole slaw, cuts some of the heaviness of all the meat. Their take on potato salad is really good, not the mustard based we see so often. Cheesy grits and the beans are definitely on the must order list. AND their fresh baked bread.

20210404_124607.jpg

Edited by dmtx
  • Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Was looking at the TABC sales reports, they’re only updated through December. Lone Star beat Razzoos in 76132, don’t think I’ve seen that before. 

http://www.barmart.net/ReportSelect1.aspx

I don't know what business Lone Star did during the Mavs title run, but we were responsible for approximately half of it. 

2 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Just went to Dayne’s BBQ at Lola’s Trailer Park and it was excellent. Panther City BBQ has long been my favorite but I would say this is very close if not better. I really like the outdoor setup there too.

I like everything about that Lola's outside area. I wish I could get more people to get their stupid asses out there. Anyone who comes to visit from out of town loves that place.  It's a fantastic day drinking spot. And with good bbq!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't know what business Lone Star did during the Mavs title run, but we were responsible for approximately half of it. 

We were Woody’s/Baker/downtown Pour House. 

Scratch that, I’m talking about the ‘06 Heat series. Quit NBA after because I was taking at the time, & the goddamn Mavs covered every fucking game. 

Edited by shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

We were Woody’s/Baker/downtown Pour House. 

Scratch that, I’m talking about the ‘06 Heat series. Quit NBA after because I was taking at the time, & the goddamn Mavs covered every fucking game. 

Well I definitely drank a beer with you at Woody's then. After that DWade bullshit, we swore off Woodys for any future Mavs playoff game. No offense, Woody's. I still love you. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 5:10 PM, TornACL said:

I like everything about that Lola's outside area. I wish I could get more people to get their stupid asses out there. Anyone who comes to visit from out of town loves that place.  It's a fantastic day drinking spot. And with good bbq!

Yeah, I can walk there and do quite often.  I give a slight edge to Panther City but it's damn good. 

What’s the core FW housing market doing during this run up? Sold my place a year ago off by the new arena and morbid curiosity has me wondering if missed out on a bucket of cash, but from a quick look it doesn’t actually seem too crazy.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:44 AM, bluto said:

What’s the core FW housing market doing during this run up? Sold my place a year ago off by the new arena and morbid curiosity has me wondering if missed out on a bucket of cash, but from a quick look it doesn’t actually seem too crazy.

I try not to look back at what our home in Berkeley is worth now (which means I know but am kicking myself for selling) compared to what it sold for in 2011 because it's unbelievable what the market in FW is doing at this time.  The continued development outside of downtown in nearly every direction isn't keeping up with the demand and the seller is doing quite well these days compared to just a year ago.

I try not to look back at what our home in Berkeley is worth now (which means I know but am kicking myself for selling) compared to what it sold for in 2011 because it's unbelievable what the market in FW is doing at this time.  The continued development outside of downtown in nearly every direction isn't keeping up with the demand and the seller is doing quite well these days compared to just a year ago.

The fuckbags that are cashing out on their homes in FW are coming out my way and it needs to fucking stop. I had 3 rooftops within a half mile of me and maybe a dozen within two miles of me five years ago. There’s a 109 home tract going in 500 yards from my front gate. Shit is out of control

Good luck in this location, don’t think the sandwich joint even made it a year. 

Nashville-based Helen’s Hot Chicken will open a restaurant in west Fort Worth, a company spokesman said Wednesday.

Helen’s will replace a sandwich shop at 2812 Horne St., on the corner at Camp Bowie Boulevard and Locke Avenue.

Helen’s is one of the definitive Nashville Hot chicken restaurants, with seven locations serving the chicken with extra-spicy seasoning introduced here by Memphis-based Gus’s and since popularized by the Cookshack and other restaurants.

The Helen’s location is a block from one of Fort Worth’s all-time favorite traditional fried chicken restaurants, Drew’s.

The first Helen’s in Texas is open at 413 E. Round Grove Road in Lewisville.

22 hours ago, TornACL said:

Anybody been to Tulane's and/or Maple Branch Brewing? Thinking about checking those out for some day drinking on Saturday. 

Actually, went to Tulane's for the first time yesterday after work. Dark interior, friendly bartender and good Happy Hour drink prices. Plan to return.

The Irish separatists are at it again...

Police responded to a shooting call in the 900 block of Currie Street around 2:20 a.m., according to a police call log. The caller stated a person was shot at the Trinity College Irish Bar, the call log shows.

Officers couldn’t find a victim but located several shell casings, and spoke to witnesses in the area, police said. They determined two groups of men fired gunshots at each other in the street before running away.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/fort-worth/article250889254.html

Sure never thought I'd read this many words about food at the Poop Deck. 

Just when Fort Worth needed a new hangout, the nautical gods have brought us the Poop Deck Bar & Grill.

For most of its 52 years, the Poop Deck has been a well-worn cocktail lounge and drinkery south of TCU.

Now, it’s come top deck.

The new location at 3509 Blue Bonnet Circle adds a full casual grill menu with burgers, chicken-fried steaks, seafood, salads, brunch and — I’m not kidding — a prime filet mignon.

“We want this to be a neighborhood restaurant — there wasn’t anyplace right around here to get a prime steak or a really good burger,” said Bert Adams, a construction executive and 20-year owner of the Poop Deck, originally on Granbury Road.

The old Deck was known for mixed drinks, pool tables and karaoke.

“But I’ve always had this dream,” Adams said.

“This is my dream.”

The Deck is ready to become a neighborhood hangout, post-game stop, golfers’ 19th hole and maybe a new iconic cafe for Fort Worth.

It’s already busy, so give it time to settle down.

But in a city that judges cafes by chicken-fried steak, the Poop Deck’s ($16, dinner only) is one of the very best. It compares well to those at other steakhouses, with near-perfect pepper gravy.

Lunch and dinner menus offer the expected ample servings of bar food, from nachos and chili cheese fries to an old-time cafe favorite, fried frog legs.

(It’s OK, TCU fans — they’re not that kind of frogs.)

Adams hired cooks with steakhouse and hotel experience. He’d been in the bar-and-grill business before as part owner of Eagle’s Point in Saginaw.

Besides the prime filet ($42), the surprisingly well-rounded dinner menu includes a short rib dinner in red wine-mushroom sauce ($24), chicken or shrimp pasta Alfredo ($15) and salmon ($16).

The burgers and chicken sandwiches cost $9-$12 with fries, or try catfish, cod or shrimp platters for $14-$15.

There’s a choice of four salads including a Caesar ($7) and desserts including the Swiss Pastry Shop’s Swedish-style almond-dacquoise Black Forest cake ($7.50).

The Poop Deck becomes at least the second local restaurant to serve the beloved Swiss Pastry dessert, along with Michaels Cuisine.

There’s also a Sunday brunch menu of pancakes, waffles, biscuits and breakfast platters.

Yes, Adams knows you want to ask about the location.

The Poop Deck takes over a landmark space that for 50 years was home to the Oui Lounge bar, then briefly to a Love Shack Burger and lately to a Fred’s Texas Cafe.

“I don’t want this to be known as just a bar,” he said. The landlord stored an old Oui Lounge sign, he said.

The Deck joins fellow Blue Bonnet Circle newcomers Lettuce Cook, a grab-and-go shop and sandwich deli, and Belenty’s Love, a vegan taqueria.

The Poop Deck serves lunch and dinner daily, brunch from 10 a.m. Sundays; 817-921-4861.

spacer.png

IMG-9263%20(1).jpg