Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Sorry, I’m an angry and elf and on tapa. They’re out of just about everything that my kids will eat or snack on. Meat market and produce was fine, but everything else was a calamity. Coupled with the fact that 86% of people in there thought they were the only motherfuckers in the store and just moseyed around and loitered as such was the cherry on top of the turd sundae.

13 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Coupled with the fact that 86% of people in there thought they were the only motherfuckers in the store and just moseyed around and loitered as such was the cherry on top of the turd sundae.

obliviots.  i have resigned to the fact that this is everyone else's world and i am merely a passenger on their ride.  some people are having a really shitty ride.

Checking in with west Camp Bowie....

Fort Worth police on Friday announced that three dismembered bodies were found in a burning dumpster on the city's west side on Wednesday.

The fire department responded to a report of a dumpster fire in the 3100 block of Bonnie Drive about 6:15 a.m. Wednesday and made the gruesome discovery, police said.

The bodies appear to be an unknown child, a young teenage or adult female, and an adult male.

The man was identified as 42-year-old David Lueras, known to frequent the Dallas area, and has ties to Hurst, Euless, and Bedford

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/three-dismembered-bodies-including-a-child-found-in-fort-worth-dumpster/2751015/

On 9/17/2021 at 6:36 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Their website says BI is ‘temporarily closed for renovations’, but a buddy said there’s a bigass For Lease sign out front. 

The For Lease sign is closer to the street, must be for something else in the complex. Razzoo’s has banners on both sides of the restaurant saying ‘Temporarily closed, excuse the mess’. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Done it every year for the last 6. We usually catch the early one. 6:55 or something like that. Should take slightly under an hour to get to AAC and then bus shuttle to fair park from AAC is 10-15 minutes depending on traffic

May I ask why you don't take the train to the Fair Grounds?

Take the first train, for sure. 

When you get to AAC, there will be like 8 busses lined up to take people to the fair. 

Every mouth breathing idiot will line up for the first bus in line. So if there's already a long line of people, skip the line and go straight to the second one and board. 

On the way back you can DART to Union Station and take the TRE back from there. If it's a long wait for the next train you can go into the Omni for a drink, but beware that hotel is always chock full of Sooners.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Last time someone started a thread before the TCU game, people that haven’t lived here in decades were recommending places that had been closed forever. 

It's already happening this year. Someone on the TCU game week thread suggested downtown Fort Worth as a place to pregame before kickoff. 

Also, fuck Railhead.

• Like 1

Any good anniversary dinner recommendations? Looking for a place for my parents, they always go to Reata but my mom was asking about if I knew any other places around. I don't know much at FW anymore so I figured I would ask here. Italian would be preferred but if you have other recs please let me know. Thanks, 

Any good anniversary dinner recommendations? Looking for a place for my parents, they always go to Reata but my mom was asking about if I knew any other places around. I don't know much at FW anymore so I figured I would ask here. Italian would be preferred but if you have other recs please let me know. Thanks, 

Waters
Grace
  • Hook 'Em 4

There is the il Modo Italian place downtown at that new hotel, but I haven't been there.
  • Hook 'Em 1