Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

[mention=1693]NOMAAA[/mention], you still alive? [mention=666]DeepEastTexas[/mention] said they found a body at Bill’s Auto Sales down on 377 like you’re heading to Maxine’s. 
My friend used to hang out with Bill at the dealership. He said Bill died last year, this could be his son Clay.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Is Maxine’s really the only bar left on that stretch of 377? Just One More & the shitty strip joint down by Hugo’s have been done for awhile, & the two bars kinda catty-corner from Maxine’s are like a park-&-ride or some shit now. 

Don’t even want to imagine what kind of food Maxine’s tried to serve if they applied for one of those certificates. 

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Is Maxine’s really the only bar left on that stretch of 377? Just One More & the shitty strip joint down by Hugo’s have been done for awhile, & the two bars kinda catty-corner from Maxine’s are like a park-&-ride or some shit now. 

Don’t even want to imagine what kind of food Maxine’s tried to serve if they applied for one of those certificates. 

Was that shitty strip joint Showgirls?  Vaguely remember a time or two while doing the white trash pub crawl back in the day.  Maxine's was on that tour as well.

I went to Kinkaids last week and was thinking the same thing when I saw Showdown was still open.

Damn, it’s actually a pretty fucked up deal. 

https://www.fox4news.com/news/fort-worth-car-dealership-employee-found-dead-2-co-workers-missing

Facebook post from a family member... 

so this morning my mother, aunt and their boss Clay went missing from their job Bills Auto Sales at 4230 Benbrook Hwy, Fort Worth, TX

all that I know so far is the shop has been closed down since before 11am (was supposed to be open till 6pm) and all their vehicles are still there

detectives on the scene said it’s looking like a burglary.

it is important to note THIS IS NOT REGULAR BEHAVIOR, my mother is on life threatening medication and my aunt walks with a cane, neither just disappears without letting their family know anything.

I ask anyone who might know any sort of information as to where they may be to reach out to the police or contact me personally via facebook messenger.

https://www.facebook.com/mayson.lairson/posts/395219271683280

Startle-gram has all the names. 

A Dallas man killed three people whose bodies were found inside a Fort Worth auto sales business and in an abandoned building in Palo Pinto County, police alleged Tuesday.

Lamont Cousins, 44, was arrested on suspicion of capital murder in the killings, whose motive police did not describe.

Slain were Virginia Lewis, 65, Clayton Turrentine, 55, and Veronica Jones, 46, according to a police report.

Police on Monday found Lewis shot dead inside Bill’s Auto Sales in the 4200 block of Benbrook Highway.

Police went about 3:30 p.m. to the business. A caller to 911 reported that there was blood on a door and no one would answer it.

Fort Worth homicide unit detectives on Tuesday found Turrentine and Jones’ bodies in a building in Palo Pinto County. It was not clear when the killings occurred.

Detectives searched Cousins’ residence.

The U.S. Marshals North Texas Fugitive Task Force took Cousins into custody on Tuesday, and he was booked at the Fort Worth Jail. Police said in a news release that his bond was set at $1 million.

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office had not on Tuesday night released Turrentine and Jones’ cause of death.

Good fucking luck, y’all need to read that article. 

• tacos, including birria, al pastor and Jorge’s taco de pescado, battered white fish taco served with shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, Mexican citrus, and chipotle cream.

So these birria tacos have been all over my Insta feed for awhile, anyone know a good mom-&-pop joint around here to sample them? 

On 12/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, dmtx said:

damn Im out of the loop. What the hell was Trophy Ranch Bar? I need to see what is still down there and what is new

Trophy Ranch was pretty terrible for an old guy like me, except for the fact that the eye candy was out of this world. 

We went out and checked that place out one of their first weekends in business, and they had trucked in so many ringers it was incredible. Pretty varied clientele age wise, but every girl that night was an 8+.

It quickly morphed into your standard TCU/Mid 20s meat market bar. 

That place must have had a tax issue or something because there was a line out the door most weekend nights I walked by there. Then, poof, it was closed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In case any of you kids find yourselves in Burleson. 

The Burleson area is growing a barbecue reputation.

The same week Heim Barbecue announced its new location in Old Town, pitmaster Brandon Anderson opened Rack Attack BBQ at 6620 Storm Cat Lane, off Farm Road 1187 between Burleson ans Mansfield.

This is Anderson’s dream. For the last two years, he’s catered barbecue pop-ups, opened Rack Attack as a “barbecue store” and hosted a “Texas Barbecue Show” podcast.

Finally, he’s selling barbecue along with tongs, charcoal lighters and spatulas, and the food lives up to the billing.

This is sweet barbecue with a soft pecan-oak-cherrywood smoked flavor, not the hickory-oak we’re accustomed to. The flavor is usually best for pulled pork and ribs, but Anderson has good success with his brisket ($15/plate, $24/pound).

The sweet, thick sauce also matches the profile. This is the kind of barbecue you’d usually find in East Texas, drastically different from Jambo’s down the road or Burleson restaurants such as Hard Eight and Rudy’s.

Anderson is also proud of his three sausages — green onion, black-pepper or jalapeno-and-cheese.

And, yes, Rack Attack has pork belly burnt ends.

The distinctive sides include redskin potato salad, white cheddar mac-and-cheese, chipotle slaw or a bacon-asparagus pasta salad.

Rack Attack has a giant beer garden for safe outdoor dining, but for now, it’s BYOB.

The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner Wednesday through Saturday and lunch Sunday; 682-410-4442, rackattackbarbecue.com.

spacer.png

On 12/15/2020 at 8:01 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, we lovingly referred to it as Showpig. I used to spend a fair amount of time at JOM next door. 

Had a table dance from a midget there once.  Also a pregnant plumper another time.  Fucked a girl in the ass that danced there.  Not sorry.

SWCFROG

Midgets are cool until one walks in the bathroom when your 4yr old son is in there with you. The boy was literally eye to eye with the guy looks up to me and asks, “Daddy why is he so short. You’re way bigger than him!”

Also, DFW is(was) exploding?

227f5e12f46bf33bd6f51d273ea72e45.png
Those planes are keeping much more than the suggested 6 foot distance.

What a mess!

I can’t remember if it’s been discussed here, but Maple Branch Brewery is a nice little spot. Lots of beers on tap and they have a big indoor and outdoor space. People stay pretty spread out and it feels reasonably safe from a Covid standpoint. They are located in the Foundry District, a few blocks behind the W 7th Target.

Sad news for @Herbie Hancock

1851 Club, Arlington’s only gay bar, will close due to financial hardships during the coronavirus pandemic, owners announced on Facebook Monday evening.

For decades, the “Cheers-type bar” at 931 W. Division St. has served as a gathering place for the LGBTQ+ community for cocktails, drag shows and pride events. Performers helped the bar ring in the New Year Dec. 31 through Jan. 2.

But 1851 Club owners “have exhausted any and every route” to try to save the night club as smaller crowds and restrictions hamstring small businesses. A post from the page in mid-December advised patrons the bar was open at 50% capacity and masks were required.

“There comes a time when we just have to face the truth and close the door,” the post reads.

Owners were not immediately available Monday afternoon to discuss details surrounding the closure.

But in their announcement, they told patrons they “were and always will be family” and that “everything happens for a reason.”

“We can’t find that reason right now but hopefully we will find it one day Some where over the Rainbow,” the post concluded.

Also, this is a strange pic & caption under an article about the Cafe Modern being under new management if it ever reopens. 

spacer.png

Kanye West, having a conversation with an unidentified (and obliterated) person on the patio behind Cafe Modern at the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth.

• Like 1