Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Any of you plan to check out the various DFW Restaurant Week options? 

http://www.dfwrestaurantweek.com/search-city/fort-worth

We did Del Frisco's Steakhouse last year and it was great, but we've done Del Frisco's for other occasions and it's always great. Considering trying some new places this time around, possibly Waters, Grace, or B&B.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the kindness shown my wife and I today by all of the staff at Hulen Hills Animal Hospital.  We said goodbye to our beloved Bailey after 15 years when it was revealed that a cancerous tumor was inoperable and his life was at an end.  Every employee present from the treating doctor to the front desk receptionist were patient, sympathetic, and understanding in our time of grief and it made a dark day a little more bearable. This facility is open seven days a week and this marks the second pet we have said goodbye to in their care.  Really grateful as well that this was the weekend Bailey left us-we will be in California in a couple of weeks for my son's 35th birthday and it would have been really sad had it happened during that weekend.

• Like 3

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the kindness shown my wife and I today by all of the staff at Hulen Hills Animal Hospital.  We said goodbye to our beloved Bailey after 15 years when it was revealed that a cancerous tumor was inoperable and his life was at an end.  Every employee present from the treating doctor to the front desk receptionist were patient, sympathetic, and understanding in our time of grief and it made a dark day a little more bearable. This facility is open seven days a week and this marks the second pet we have said goodbye to in their care.  Really grateful as well that this was the weekend Bailey left us-we will be in California in a couple of weeks for my son's 35th birthday and it would have been really sad had it happened during that weekend.
Sorry pch, that is rough. I will keep good thoughts for you and you wife. Glad the hospital was able to show you such kindness on such a hard day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pch said:

Hulen Hills is great.  They helped a ton near the end of my first dog (also named Bailey) who got some rare spinal disorder that paralyzed her back legs.  We ended up doing the euthanasia at our house, but they were great for the last 4-6 months.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, Bone3421 said:

Heard nothing but good things about waters

Went there for my brother's bachelor party dinner and it was phenomenal. Great meal all the way around.  Would definitely go back next time I'm up there

Went to Eddie V's last weekend. They had a 3-course tasting menu for $49/person, plus cocktails, plus wine, etc. Everything was really good. I'd been there once before for work but have always been skeptical to return due to the Darden ownership. It was good but I definitely prefer Del Frisco's in that price range. The lounge at Eddie V's is kinda cool though, especially if they have live music going.

Went to Grace this weekend. They had a 4-course tasting menu with wine pairing for $69/person. Probably one of the better meals I've had in Fort Worth. Their service and presentation remind me of a nice French restaurant. I think Grace will be high on our list of Fort Worth restaurants for a nice meal. I'd like to go back and do their 7-course menu with wine pairing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Went to Eddie V's last weekend. They had a 3-course tasting menu for $49/person, plus cocktails, plus wine, etc. Everything was really good. I'd been there once before for work but have always been skeptical to return due to the Darden ownership. It was good but I definitely prefer Del Frisco's in that price range. The lounge at Eddie V's is kinda cool though, especially if they have live music going.

Went to Grace this weekend. They had a 4-course tasting menu with wine pairing for $69/person. Probably one of the better meals I've had in Fort Worth. Their service and presentation remind me of a nice French restaurant. I think Grace will be high on our list of Fort Worth restaurants for a nice meal. I'd like to go back and do their 7-course menu with wine pairing.

I agree.  I worked at Caravan of Dreams with the sommelier who is now at Grace and have always enjoyed the great service, atmosphere, and meals.

After 25 years, the home of the spicy “Project X” Tabasco burger is sweetening its menu.

Charley’s Old Fashioned Hamburgers, founded in aramshackle 65-year-old trailer, has opened an ice cream and cookies shop next door, Charley’s Sweet Shack.

The Sweet Shack, in a former gas station, sells ice cream bars and pop bars in the usual flavors plus specialties such as mango, bubble gum and pineapple-chile.

It has more seating for the busy Charley’s, plus cake balls and cookies.

Charley’s, trying to increase its appeal to families and kids, will add a fenced play yard between the buildings.

That gas station had been there forever. 

And here's a pic of the new Dutch's bar. Needs more TVs. 

DutchsLockerRoom.jpg

On 8/5/2018 at 4:18 AM, Bone3421 said:
On 8/4/2018 at 12:04 AM, Fudbelty said:
Ya. Kicking ass and taking names out in the field still.

Found out yesterday we’re shutting down the Aledo satellite office and re opening the Godley yard.

Went to high school in godley....del norte tacos is your new lunch spot

All my family is from Godley and Cleburne, and most still live there. My grandmother graduated from GHS in 1944, small World. We are all the way over in Granbury, I am the one that had the shitty brisket and ribs at BBQ on the Brazos in Cresson, it was so dry it was inedible. We eat at Del Norte at least twice weekly.

CHIEF

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 8:24 AM, spystud13 said:

Help me out... There was a hotel basically across the street from the convention center. It may still be there, no clue. I know for a fact it had a green sign. The bar was fucking tiny, like real fucking small. 

What was that bar called? 

Can't remember the bar but I think your are referring to the old Downtown Motor Inn. 

2 hours ago, spystud13 said:

What’s crazy is it’s probably still there. 

Well if no one figures this out by 9pm I am fucking driving by there when I get back. 

Sad news about the TRE crash yesterday, but I had to chuckle when the S-T wrote today that TRE passengers waited for alternate transportation inside Cabaret East. Apparently the scrip club offered a/c and water. No word if free lap dances were thrown in. 

I mentioned elsewhere how dark it got around closing time when I was at Corsets a few months ago, wonder if this is related? 

A man was killed and three others wounded in a shooting early Thursday in the parking lot of a Fort Worth gentleman’s club, police said.

It began with an altercation outside the club and ensued in the parking lot of Corsets Cabaret at 8128 Camp Bowie West Blvd., said police Capt. Todd Wadlington.

Police responded to the shooting call shortly after 1:30 a.m.

The man who was killed was pronounced dead at the scene, he said. Two of the other victims are men and the other is a woman. They’ve been transported to local hospitals, Wadlington said.

It was not immediately clear what condition the wounded were in. Wadlington said one victim was driven to the hospital and not taken by ambulance.

Homicide detectives continue to work the scene, he said.

“This is still an active scene and details are still coming in from potential witnesses,” Wadlington said.

I just drove by because I am lucky enough to work across the street. There are cops and crime scene everywhere and they have about 8 strippers sitting on the side of the building smoking. They look pretty damn rough. I will try and snap a few pics.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk