2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

5 minutes ago, htownjd said:

the amount of boston fans talking down on harden and blaming the refs for throwing the game was INSUFFERABLE

i was at the game at TD garden and it was HORRIBLE

among the comments i heard:

• "harden only scores cuz he gets fouls"
  • "yeah only harden is going to get those fouls"
  • "the refs are paid"
  • celtics airball: "BOOOO"

it was probably the worst experience i've had at a game w/r/t to experience of other fans. there were some nice dudes there, especially folks i chatted to at halftime. i live here and have been to multiple astros & texans visiting games but it's never been like this. i guess because either the pats are always winning or the red sox are always competing. it was my first taste of that extreme boston negativity.

Listening to Hubie wasn't much better. Every time Boston got it down to 15 pints, Hubie got excited again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, htownjd said:

the amount of boston fans talking down on harden and blaming the refs for throwing the game was INSUFFERABLE

i was at the game at TD garden and it was HORRIBLE

among the comments i heard:

• "harden only scores cuz he gets fouls"
  • "yeah only harden is going to get those fouls"
  • "the refs are paid"
  • celtics airball: "BOOOO"

it was probably the worst experience i've had at a game w/r/t to experience of other fans. there were some nice dudes there, especially folks i chatted to at halftime. i live here and have been to multiple astros & texans visiting games but it's never been like this. i guess because either the pats are always winning or the red sox are always competing. it was my first taste of that extreme boston negativity.

Boston fans are the biggest cunts in all of sports. One of the things I savored the most about the Astros WS victory was beating the Red Sox along the way. The worst experience I had was with Duke fans at MSG while watching them play the Horns back in the mid 2000s. Closest I ever got to getting into a fight at the game. My hate for Duke basketball is right up there with my hate for Boston teams.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 1

2 feels a bit too optimistic unless they somehow win both of their next 2 (i'm hoping for a split), but they can definitely finish anywhere from 3-6.

i don't give a shit about any team besides the warriors so wherever they need to end up to avoid them until the WCF is good with me.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

2 feels a bit too optimistic unless they somehow win both of their next 2 (i'm hoping for a split), but they can definitely finish anywhere from 3-6.

i don't give a shit about any team besides the warriors so wherever they need to end up to avoid them until the WCF is good with me.

I think Houston at 3 or 6 is better than 4 or 5 for that very reason.  

for those close to the salary cap theory -- how easy would acquiring a badass 6-10 to 7 foot tough guy. Not necessary an offensive force, just an old school tough guy power forward. I like the bigs so far with Cap, Faried and old Nene, but would Faried isn't tall and Nene is aging.  Someone with the size and build of a Jericho Sims, NBA caliber. 

for those close to the salary cap theory -- how easy would acquiring a badass 6-10 to 7 foot tough guy. Not necessary an offensive force, just an old school tough guy power forward. I like the bigs so far with Cap, Faried and old Nene, but would Faried isn't tall and Nene is aging.  Someone with the size and build of a Jericho Sims, NBA caliber. 
You could definitely get Kendrick Perkins for vet minimum

24 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:
38 minutes ago, NowThis said:

You could definitely get Kendrick Perkins for vet minimum

not sure if serious.  I'd rather take Andrew Bynum.  Hell, i'd rather get some tough 6'9 guy from prison on furlough. 

OKC at Portland tomorrow. That is good news for the Rockets who don't play until Friday. The Thunder also play again on Friday (the Clippers in LA), so I won't be surprised if they drop at least one of the two. Ideally, OKC beats Portland and loses to LAC the next night and of course the Rockets keep winning.