2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

On 7/8/2019 at 7:19 PM, NowThis said:

RIP Lewis Lloyd, died July 5th in his hometown Philly, only 60.  He was a starter on the 1986 Houston Rockets NBA Finals team. One of the smoothest ballers I've ever seen, a pleasure to watch. I met him one while I was HS, shook his hand, a real nice guy. Fell on hard times after the NBA. Sad to see this story.  IMO he could play in today's game and be making $15mil.   A big guard who liked to take it to the hole, kinda like Harden. 

https://www.phillytrib.com/news/local_news/lewis-lloyd-famed-philly-basketball-standout-dies-at/article_38e4d99d-fe82-5b2c-949e-010d42d52f3b.html

Lewis “Black Magic” Lloyd, one of Philadelphia’s most celebrated basketball players, died on Friday. He was 60.

Lloyd, who starred at Overbrook High School before moving on to become a Drake University and NBA standout, was known for his sleight of hands trickery on the basketball court.

Many have lauded him as one of the greatest playground players of all time, and his name is mentioned in several books on basketball.

In high school, the Public League basketball championship was usually decided between the Overbrook High Panthers featuring Lloyd and the West Philadelphia High Speedboys featuring Gene Banks. The games were fierce and legendary.

“It was like Ali and Frazier,” said Banks, who went on to stardom at Duke University and the NBA. “He definitely brought out the best in me. You couldn’t play around with Lew.

who is that 33 trying to cover Black Magic?  

s-l1000.jpg

he was a master of the stop and pop midrange jumper from 12-15, a lost art. 

He was a great, great player.  He, Lucas and Wiggins getting busted for coke probably cost us a couple titles.  

• Like 4

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

I don't like this trade one bit. Hope I'm proven wrong, but CP3 was a good distributor of the ball for Harden to do his thing. Now Harden and Westbrook are just going to take turns trying to score on their own. FUCK

But Harden abandoned that last year completely. Probably can’t put that back in the bag

the nightmare has come true. 2 massive ballhogs and a weakass coach who won't be able to control them. If you think the offense was stagnant, wait till next year. Damn.  Look for the team to shoot like 29% from 3. 

so OKC has how many 1sts in the decade ?

Edited by NowThis

Morey said when KD went to Golden State that well, we'll just have to up our risk taking. He now sees two super teams constructed in LA. So yeah, he is going to respond by taking a massive risk. I'm okay with that, because we were not going to win the title with the current roster. BeardRuss, when they are on and if they gel, can probably beat any team in the league. Yes, that is the biggest IF in Houston sports history. Renew your League Pass. Get your popcorn.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Chris Paul.  You would think Westbrook is a good defender because he’s 6’4 and uber athletic, but he’s not a good defender at all.  Get ready for mental lapses, laziness and sagging off to chase rebound stats.

Paul wasn’t a good defender this year and will only get worse, and his height doesn’t help.

11 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

OKC trades Paul to the Lakers right?

Don’t think it’s possible under the CBA.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Westbrook shot 29% from 3 and 66% from the FT last year.  Lmao.  His game is about to fall off a cliff.

he's a fucking trainwreck.  So will they fight about who brings the ball up? Can Dumbtoni control these fools? 

Meanwhile KD 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Lol. OKC is the one who should be giving picks. Chris Paul is still a better player than Westbrook, a better fit (no matter how much Harden hates him, he will end up hating Westbrook more), and I actually bet Westbrook deteriorates at about the same rate even though he’s younger.   Hell, even Westbrook’s contract is somehow worse.

This will be worse than Carmelo.

OKC really getting it over in Houston.  Melo, now this.  Wow

I just hate Westbrook, but I disagree about the 'two ball' thing. We've fallen short in the playoffs bc we only have one elite scorer, it's literally our biggest issue. If Harden gets cold or double teamed, we can get smothered. Still, fuck Russell Westbrook... unless he works out, then I’m sure I’ll be good with it.

Edited by The Earl of Texas
  • Like 2