2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

5 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

I still feel l like we're going too small too often for this point in the regular season. Really need another actual big to get minutes other than just Capela.

Yep, you cant play playoff basketball during the regular season.  It takes too much out of the player, even GSW needed the Zazas and Javales.

Once we get cp3, ennis and Knight back I think we will have some decent depth. starting 1-3 isn't ideal and it's only gonna get tougher as the west is stacked, you don't wanna get in a hole and be stuck in that 4-8 range come playoff time. I understand everyone thinks we will just turn it on but GSW never started this bad and this Houston team only shot at GSW is to be the 1 seed and have home court advantage. I definitely see some morey trades this deadline since I don't think we will have a great record come the deadline.

12 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

This is coming from a warriors fan, but would this really move the needle past golden state? Have a hard time saying definitively yes. 

Jimmy Butler is really good.... like top 15 type of player good when healthy.  How he would fit in and like being the 3rd option would be up for debate.  Would take even more shots away from Melo.

4 first round picks is sort of hilarious.  The last one would be in 2025 I think.   LOL.  Doubt that matters to management team who may not be there in a year or two.

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

We shouldn’t have a top 10 pick anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morey doesn't care much for mid to late 1st round picks.

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

This is coming from a warriors fan, but would this really move the needle past golden state? Have a hard time saying definitively yes. 

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe fuck your team, the Rockets gotta try.

1 hour ago, smwhorn said:

would be the dumbest sports move in the history of Houston sports (and that is a LONG fucking list).

You sure about that Bob? Trading for a Charles Barkley on the decline will be hard to top unless Jimmy Butler goes the way of Steve Francis (drugs) or Tracy McGrady (injury).

44 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

If we give up 4 first rounders we better not let him test free agency after the season 

You better believe Morey wouldn't throw away those assets for a less than one season rental. Morey is definitely selling Butler on the chance to retire with his hometown team and bring a championship to H-Town.

29 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Four first round picks? Maybe Morey and the Wolves GM are in a fantasy league together.

I’m all for it though if Harden and Paul want to play with him.  Fuck it, give em 5.

I would like to know about this fantasy league. I also would love to see how the T-wolves end up using an additional 4 1st round picks down the road.

We have a ton of depth if everyone is healthy, especially on the wings. The place where we lack depth is inside. Even there, we might have ok depth with Nene and Chriss are healthy. I'm still hopefully for Hartenstein, but the two rebounds so far on the season isn't going to cut it.

I mean we have Harden, Paul, Gordon, Tucker, Melo, Ennis, Green, Knight, and MCW. That's nine proven NBA caliber guys. Depth just looks bad when we're dealing with injuries/suspensions for four of them including the two most important.

54 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

We have a ton of depth if everyone is healthy, especially on the wings. The place where we lack depth is inside. Even there, we might have ok depth with Nene and Chriss are healthy. I'm still hopefully for Hartenstein, but the two rebounds so far on the season isn't going to cut it.

I mean we have Harden, Paul, Gordon, Tucker, Melo, Ennis, Green, Knight, and MCW. That's nine proven NBA caliber guys. Depth just looks bad when we're dealing with injuries/suspensions for four of them including the two most important.

Agreed. We need to play fast. Our pace of play changed drastically from the beginning to end of last season, but it helped establish rhythm and flow

17 hours ago, goatsaag said:

No, we don’t.  

A bunch of mediocre to bad players does not = depth.  MCW is fucking garbage and doesn’t even belong on the court. Melo is washed up and worthless.  Ennis has been a limp dick, invisible zero when he’s played. 

You actually need talent to call it depth.