2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

kind of makes one muse over how they won 65 last year. Seems every other team has become 3x more athletic while Houston aged 5 years per player and has no depth. Missing Ariza as i thought they would, even though he's old, still has the wingspan and athletic ability to make a difference. 

I don't think you can pin the entire team shooting like shit on Melo.

This has been a perfect storm of bad offense and defense.

29th in FG%

27th in FT%  they're also last in FT attempts, so they're not getting calls or they're settling for shitty jumpers

21st in 3P FG %

When your entire offense is predicated on the 3 and getting to the line...the above is not going to win many games.

2 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

I don't think you can pin the entire team shooting like shit on Melo.

This has been a perfect storm of bad offense and defense.

29th in FG%

27th in FT%  they're also last in FT attempts, so they're not getting calls or they're settling for shitty jumpers

21st in 3P FG %

When your entire offense is predicated on the 3 and getting to the line...the above is not going to win many games.

I know you can’t. But it isn’t about statistics. Melo just does something to a team. He isn’t necessarily a locker room cancer and every player will say they love him. But for some reason he destroys everything he comes into contact with. The stats and the players won’t tell you that. His teams records and successes are what tell the story. He sucks. If harden was still fucking the Kardashian I would give even money on the rockets winning 14 games. 

Rockets' Marquese Chriss has option declined, will be UFA in July

The Houston Rockets are declining the fourth-year option on forward Marquese Chriss, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Chriss, 21, will become an unrestricted free agent in July.

Taken eighth overall by the Phoenix Suns in the 2016 NBA draft, Chriss was traded to Houston on Aug. 31 along with guard Brandon Knight in exchange for forward Ryan Anderson and guard De'Anthony Melton.

Chriss has made only one appearance this season, scoring four points in eight minutes off the bench in a 104-85 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers on Oct. 30. He has career averages of 8.5 points and 4.8 rebounds.

Well, that makes him an expiring deal at 3.2m. Gotta think he'll be used in a trade soon as salary filler. 

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Man this team is broke bad and you gotta start seriously wondering if D’ antoni survives this head on collision. I’m sure he does but holy shit what if we keep losing? The head coach is always the scapegoat but morey has some blame too on this shitastic roster.

the roster is a matter of circumstance as they had to pay massive $ to Cap and CP3, had to shed Ariza and Moute. Team is overpaid at the core, but had to do it, in 2 years it's going to be worse when they have a 90 yo PG making $40mil/yr.  It will take 8 years to rebuild after that. 

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah, that's it.

And learn how to, you know, actually replace the D they lost in the offseason.  

They get those two things back, then they might go on a run.  Might.

You realize the Rockets went on a 2-7 stretch during last season as well, right?

So that is 2 straight strong defensive performances. I think Melo is off the team before the end of the trade deadline. The data is very obvious that he is just an awful player at this point in his career, unless Bzdelik can find a way to hide him on defense. I always liked Clark's game, he's a better shooting Luc.

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

So that is 2 straight strong defensive performances. I think Melo is off the team before the end of the trade deadline. The data is very obvious that he is just an awful player at this point in his career, unless Bzdelik can find a way to hide him on defense. I always liked Clark's game, he's a better shooting Luc.

his low pay isn't a liability right? He's good for a burst of 10-12 in a game. Maybe use him as insurance. I doubt he's on the team next year. 

Just now, NowThis said:

his low pay isn't a liability right? He's good for a burst of 10-12 in a game. Maybe use him as insurance. I doubt he's on the team next year. 

Of course, it also isn't helping that Gordon and Green are complete sieves as well. So that is your 3 main bench players, and none can play defense right now.