2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Our bench sucks BAD, none of those guys are gonna consistently contribute through a long season and playoffs. Even when we get cp3 back that bench is basically just Gordon and you are hoping Green catches fire and other than that its not good. BKnight is a flip of the coin given his injury so as of right now Morey took a massive two steps backwards with this roster. 

Not sure how you upgrade it with no one worth a shit unless you plan on trading tucker and Gordon but then you are right back in the same problem with no bench and starters logging 40 minutes a night. 

There will be plenty of teams looking to dump contracts for "assets." The Rockets still have most of their MLE.

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

There will be plenty of teams looking to dump contracts for "assets." The Rockets still have most of their MLE.

Well I guess what I was saying is there isn't really anyone out their that would "move the needle" and win a title that would be available. Which i'm not sure who that would even be, seems like the Rockets would need at least another star to fringe star and a couple of bench guys. 

9 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

This roster and the bench is God awful lol. Danuel house, harenstein and Clarke? Fucking horrible. Add back cp3 and green and your bench in Gordon and green? Fucking embarrassing how shitty of a job more did this summer, he should be getting slammed for it too.

had to (over)pay for the Big 3 and not much money left for good players . Ariza wanted too much and had to go. 

Overall they retained the Big 3, Tucker and Gordon. They shouldn't be this bad, but obviously losing CP3 last night is huge. 

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

The Chris Paul contract might be the albatross now...

Chris Paul's contract was always going to be an albatross...at some point. Houston was just banking on at least 2 more years of serious championship contention to make paying him $44M at 37 more palatable.

If they have to play him 37 minutes in December to win basketball games, that window is going to slam shut, and the albatross begins sooner than expected.

Edited by aggie08

I'm about done with these guys.

I'm sure we'll make some moves after the 15th, but fuck....these guys don't appear to give a shit.

This team, with James and Chris, shouldn't lose to ANYBODY by 20-30.  It's happened routinely this year.

Edited by Tylerocks

44 minutes ago, YChang said:

Wow, did not expect the Harden & Paul window to compete for a championship to end on such a wimper...

Harden knows they're screwed and he's never going to win a title now. 

i still can't understand why they let Melo go for the crime of averaged 13ppg, a wing shooter is what they need. Hell, no one plays D on this team anymore, so can't hold that against Melo.

Morey had to unload all cash to the big 3, leaving nothing for help, with due respect to Gordon and Tucker. 

Houston is a smallish team, while the nba is growing taller with super long arms - Rox have CP3, Tucker and Gordon on the perimeter up against taller, younger guys with super wingspans. It's a physical mismatch. Ariza could counter that a lot, too bad they could not afford him. Then stupidly parted ways with one of the better scorers of all time. Dumb!

Edited by NowThis

On 12/7/2018 at 11:25 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

2015- make wcf 

2016- 8 seed

2017- make WCF

2018- playing like shit

trend is harden plays hard and follows it up woth dog shit. 

2015 lose WCF to GSW
2016 lose first round to GSW
2017 lose semifinals to SAS
2018 lose WCF to GSW
2019 playing like shit

You missed a year...

On 12/7/2018 at 6:46 PM, NowThis said:

Morey had to unload all cash to the big 3, leaving nothing for help, with due respect to Gordon and Tucker. 

Houston is a smallish team, while the nba is growing taller with super long arms - Rox have CP3, Tucker and Gordon on the perimeter up against taller, younger guys with super wingspans. It's a physical mismatch. Ariza could counter that a lot, too bad they could not afford him. Then stupidly parted ways with one of the better scorers of all time. Dumb!

Ariza sucks. His team has won 4 fucking games. His ORtg and DRtg are abysmal. He's done as an effective player in this league. Not spending $15M on him was the right move. James Ennis is a better player than Ariza. The problem with the Rockets is their bench is awful. Tank this season and get a lottery pick. Harden, Capela, and the lottery pick should be the future of the team. Paul and Gordon should be complementary pieces now.

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Ariza sucks. His team has won 4 fucking games. His ORtg and DRtg are abysmal. He's done as an effective player in this league. Not spending $15M on him was the right move. James Ennis is a better player than Ariza. The problem with the Rockets is their bench is awful. Tank this season and get a lottery pick. Harden, Capela, and the lottery pick should be the future of the team. Paul and Gordon should be complementary pieces now.

paul and gordon still have 1-2 good years left. Team chemistry makes a players better and I'm sure Ariza's numbers/analytical ratings would be better in Houston. Just like when you/me play ball with very good players, somehow our games improve, we have better lanes, open shots, positioning. It's the tired old phrase "synergy". Ennis is good but if he's better than Ariza, what explains the dropoff, when only 2 players changed from the core, from a 65 win team to one that may not win 42? 

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

paul and gordon still have 1-2 good years left. Team chemistry makes a players better and I'm sure Ariza's numbers/analytical ratings would be better in Houston. Just like when you/me play ball with very good players, somehow our games improve, we have better lanes, open shots, positioning. It's the tired old phrase "synergy". Ennis is good but if he's better than Ariza, what explains the dropoff, when only 2 players changed from the core, from a 65 win team to one that may not win 42? 

Their two best players haven't been as good...... Their defense has receded back to terrible.  And they aren't going to tank, especially with only 1-2 years of Chris Paul worth a damn.

Yeah... tank talk is a bit premature, but you really can't expect much from this team right now. It just isn't what it was last year, which was an awesome year of basketball despite coming up short. I don't see a trade in the works that could possibly salvage this season, but I'm sure Morey will still try. If there is a trade that nets them a good 3&D guard or wing, then maybe that can fix some things, but I'm not aware of any that are available.  They really do only have 2 years to compete with a core that included CP3, so they better get on with it. 

This team has 3 nba starters and maybe 2 bench players (Ennis and Tucker).  Eric Gordon is playing like a g-leaguer and being a whiny bitch on top of that.  Every other rotational player is complete trash.

Gordon needs to be traded.  He plays like trash and then blames his usage.  Fuck him.  He’s a huge bitch.  He can go sniff his own farts somewhere else.

Edited by CurlyDumps