2018-19 Official OKC Thunder Thread

BurntOrangeBlooded15

• 2 weeks later...

8 pt loss in GS with a big run and a 3rd quarter lead Russ less gives me hope. 

Schröder should be a 6th man candidate by the end of the year.  He’s gonna fill the second team leader role well I think.  I like what Noel brings.  Roberson needs to get back, and if Diallo is consistent with what he did last night, he’ll start soon.  

Edited by BurntOrangeBlooded15

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

5-4 after and 0-4 start.  Schröder is killer off the bench. Russ with the nasty ankle sprain tonight thought. 

great add.  as is noels.  id like to see him with more minutes to relieve adams tho....that big body cant take 38 minutes + punishment every night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrangeBlooded15 said:

7 straight.  Last two Russ-less. Schröder for melo is looking more and more like a steal.  Diallo looks like another Presti draft steal.  Noel has been a great piece too.  

Twitter stat last night said that okc is 3rd in total D and 1st in steals.  Keep rolling. 

And with the warriors lost....this is longest active winning streak in NBA

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Machinator said:

When I wrecked my motorcycle I had an avulsion.  Mine was a break on the top of my tibia where the ACL attached so a titanium screw was put in to hold everything down.  They said it was better than an ACL tear.  It took me 8 months to be able to run full speed and stop.  Granted I'm not a pro athlete but I was in the best shape of my life and rehabbing multiple times a week.  I wouldn't count on Roberson until the playoffs.

Edited by Jhawk

On 11/30/2018 at 3:29 PM, 52-80 said:

Sucks, but it gives more development time for Burton.  Diallo seems okay.  Ferg is kind of a bust

Burton and Diallo need Ferg and Abrines minutes.  Those two (Ferg and AA) are suppose to be knock down shooters and help us 0. I’m thinking Presti should see what he could get for em. 

When Westbrook plays as an actual point guard--distribution/penetration/defense--and Paul George plays as the primary scorer, OKC looks like they could darkhorse their way deep into the playoffs where a few lucky bounces could make things very interesting.   But there's nothing in Russ's history that would indicate he'd be willing to accept a pure point guard role, so I won't get my hopes up.   OKC has all the pieces they need right now.   Bench and support players are strong this year.  Defensive intensity is up.  George looks rejuvenated.  Carmelo cancer has been excised.  They're running actual plays at the ends of games, instead of Russ dribbling until there's 3 seconds on the clock before chucking up an off-balance three... 

The fate of this team depends on Russ's ability to accept the role of all-star point-guard, instead of trying to be the superstar shooting guard. 

The problem is when the playoffs start every strategy and habit they ave formed over the season goes out the window with 2 minutes left.  They should have won it all KD's last year.  Then he and russ decided to take turns going 1 on 5.  

It would be awesome to see OKC win one but there isn't a chance it happens.  Unless KD really is pissed at the GSW team and sabotages the playoffs by being self-centered.

19-10 after a dismantling of the Bulls tonight. 

I’ve watched Russ play for day one and watched the roller coaster of emotions people have felt about the way he plays.  Growing up around OKC, there were a ton of different opinions.  He stayed true to his game and mentality for every.  Until this year.  He seems to be a different guy.  He still has his games were he has 30-15-15. He still has his games where he goes 4-25. But this year he seems to have a different mindset.  I think he sees what PG is doing and how he looks and doesn’t want to make some of the mistakes he made with KD.  Ball movement has been astronomically better.  PG is having a career year because of it.  He looks like he’s trying to be a true point with bursts of what makes him who he is.  

Playing good ball right now. 

• Like 2

I wonder if the presence of Carmelo last year showed Westbrook what a me-first personality does to a team.  Because it's one thing when you're doing it, it's something else when you're watching another guy do it.  it's a lot easier to see how it hurts the team. 

However it's happened, Westbrook is playing point guard now and the Thunder look a little dangerous.  Their defense is fun to watch, which is really saying something for an NBA game in December.  

Up by 2 points against the Jazz, with 10 seconds to go, Westbrook bricks a 3 pointer...(on a night that PG13 was on fire)...reminding everyone that he's still Westbrook.

Two points would have sealed the win.  But Thunder still get the victory.   Westbrook with a foul/block on the last play.  Jazz missed a free throw.  Thunder win by one.

Edited by Monster

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...