VY rallying the troops. 05 Cotton Bowl.

ztejas

3 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I can't wait for this game. It has an 08 feel to it. I so much want to see some more burnt orange dropping the fucking hammer on these assholes. Beat them so bad it derails their entire program for the whole year.

I'm not discounting our chances, but I don't think it has an 08 feel to it.  In 08, both teams were undefeated and in the Top 5, and even though the Sooners were No. 1 and had one of its most prolific offenses, Texas had also looked pretty damn good leading up to this game in all phases of the game -- offense, defense and special teams.  Unlike Colt's squad, this offense had been way too inconsistent this year and doesn't inspire anywhere near the same level of confidence as the OU squad. 

But like the 08 game, OU sucks, so there's that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:
Fuck OU.

Also over/under on how many credit hours Ramonce Taylor completed while he was here. 

heh, he's getting extra cruck I miss that dude. But I bet he got more than Charles. I once was sitting in a study room in San Jac and saw Jamaal studying. I was starstruck. Glancing over watching him he was on the same page of the Textbook for about 30 mins.... 

The good ole days of Houston Rap too

Edited by Zavala

11 minutes ago, Zavala said:

heh, he's getting extra cruck I miss that dude. But I bet he got more than Charles. I once was sitting in a study room in San Jac and saw Jamaal studying. I was starstruck. Glancing over watching him he was on the same page of the Textbook for about 30 mins.... 

Well when you're a world class track athlete as well as a potential superstar NFL running back studying takes a bit more of a backseat. 

Also - apparently RT is playing for a team called the CenTex Cavalry in the Indoor Championship League or some shit. He was always one of my favorite Horns, just seemed like a guy that couldn't get his shit straight. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well when you're a world class track athlete as well as a potential superstar NFL running back studying takes a bit more of a backseat. 

Also - apparently RT is playing for a team called the CenTex Cavalry in the Indoor Championship League or some shit. He was always one of my favorite Horns, just seemed like a guy that couldn't get his shit straight. 

Yeah I knew he was going to be a stud in the NFL, and technically he was studying lol. 

Great quote from Vince I had to dig up (found it on a UNT fan site strangely):

They haven't seen a team like us, no. They haven't seen the different guys on our team that's gangster. (Laughs) We've got some guys that are going to talk some trash. We're not just going to let you talk in our face. When I watch them, they do a lot of different things and the people they are playing are just looking like – say something back to them. Guys on our team, when you say something wrong to them, we're going to say something back and we're going to talk trash the whole game. That's just us. It makes the game fun and it's competition but when I see that they are playing a team like Notre Dame, (the Irish) talked back to them guys. That's what I liked about Notre Dame. So, when you go out there and just ignore them because they are USC, they are going to beat you because you are going off their hype. You are going to lose the game. But, if you go out there and play like Fresno and don't care about what their name is and just play, then you've got a very good chance of winning the game.

Obviously he's talking about SC but still applicable to the OU fucks

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

that dude was every bit as talented as Reggie Bush...that fucking kickoff return in the shoe was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen 

5 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

that dude was every bit as talented as Reggie Bush...that fucking kickoff return in the shoe was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen 

Link me. Are you talking about the KC vs. Pitt return?

That game against OSU was also one of the more absurd things in Texas history. 16 carries for 180 yards, 3 TDs - down 21 points in the 4th quarter. 

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Link me. Are you talking about the KC vs. Pitt return?

That game against OSU was also one of the more absurd things in Texas history. 16 carries for 180 yards, 3 TDs - down 21 points in the 4th quarter. 

KC and Pitt don't play in the Shoe.

I was at the OSU game when I was in school. Jamaal fucking saved us. Colt ran his ass off too that game, Cosby was awesome, Beasley was bigtime. Fucking pinned us inside the 2 yard line down 21-35 and we just calmly drove a little bit then Jamaal went 75 yards so smooth nobody even touched him lol. Then the deep pass the next drive to Ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAdtdYXX3vU

The good ole days of Houston Rap too

CruCk?

CruNk.

• Haha 1

I was at the OSU game when I was in school. Jamaal fucking saved us. Colt ran his ass off too that game, Cosby was awesome, Beasley was bigtime. Fucking pinned us inside the 2 yard line down 21-35 and we just calmly drove a little bit then Jamaal went 75 yards so smooth nobody even touched him lol. Then the deep pass the next drive to Ship.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAdtdYXX3vU

I was there too. Dating an OSU grad at the time so I was surrounded by Cowboys yelling at me all game.
FG hit, I yelled Hook ‘em and eat shit. High tailed it out of the stand while dodging food being thrown at me, met my girl back at the tailgate and got road head on the way home.
Good day.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's exactly what we need in the locker room Saturday morning. Hell, if none of the current players have it in them just make sure VY is in there..

As for Romance, well..we need to define "completed", does signing up for a course then showing up for day one roll call, then saying "I'm done with this class" count as completed?

16 minutes ago, ousux said:

That's exactly what we need in the locker room Saturday morning. Hell, if none of the current players have it in them just make sure VY is in there..

As for Romance, well..we need to define "completed", does signing up for a course then showing up for day one roll call, then saying "I'm done with this class" count as completed?

That's a Mack Brown completion but probably not a Charlie Strong completion. For a Herman completion I think you at least have to pretend like you're paying attention while reading your playbook. 

56 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This team was just so fucking swaggy. I could watch shit like this all day. 

Hey it was pretty sweet the way Texas whooped that ass in 2015 too.

Although the proper thing before Texas fight isn't a count, it's somebody make the horn sound. 

Speaking of VY, my buddy owns a bar right across the street from Fair Park called Square Body Saloon (he also owns the six ticket beer barn next to the Cotton Bowl).  I have it on good information that VY will be at his bar Saturday morning starting around 8:30 for anyone tailgating who might want to come by and have a chance to meet him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Absofuckinglutely. Just a freak. Dude lost a lot of money when he got busted....

I think he was on The Ticket a few weeks ago doing an interview on the Hardline

Speaking of VY, my buddy owns a bar right across the street from Fair Park called Square Body Saloon (he also owns the six ticket beer barn next to the Cotton Bowl).  I have it on good information that VY will be at his bar Saturday morning starting around 8:30 for anyone tailgating who might want to come by and have a chance to meet him.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

On 10/3/2018 at 2:40 PM, DDD Dad said:

My buddy told me yesterday that VY apparently is backing out of his appearance.  Just want to make sure no one is disappointed if they show up tomorrow and he isn't there. 

They will still be open for tailgating with several dozen beers on tap and of course have beers for six tickets in two locations inside the Fair.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

My buddy told me yesterday that VY apparently is backing out of his appearance.  Just want to make sure no one is disappointed if they show up tomorrow and he isn't there. 

They will still be open for tailgating with several dozen beers on tap and of course have beers for six tickets in two locations inside the Fair.

No no... you're supposed to announce this after people have already shown up and spent money at your establishment. 

You would be a terrible club owner.