Vice - Christian Bale, Steve Carell, Amy Adams and Sam Rockwell

Bash Riprock

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Gotdam motherfucker.  Here's a quarter and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face.  

50 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

I know. I couldn’t stop looking at it in “ Hostiles”.

It must be growing with age.  It wasn't as prominent in American Psycho or Batman.  Or maybe he just had a really good makeup job.

3 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

He and De Niro are not only the two best American actors, imo, but both have probably done more weight gain and conversely get buffed up for roles than anyone. Has to be brutal on the body to do it that rapidly and often...

Only problem with that statement is that Bale is English.

• Like 3

-media-22807-1-robert-de-niro-raging-bul

Robert De Niro gained a record sixty pounds to play the older Jake LaMotta, and Joe Pescilost weight for the same scene (De Niro's movie weight gain record was subsequently broken by Vincent D'Onofrio, who gained seventy pounds for his role as Private Leonard "Gomer Pyle" Lawrence in Full Metal Jacket (1987)).

• 2 months later...

I got sucked in the the unique "quirkiness" of The Big Short, and Christian Bale's above reproach talent. But good lord is this movie terrible.

It checks every single box on the list anti-Conservative hatemongering. Every. Single. One. I won't go through that list, as this is not a CR thread. Just take all the cartoonish narratives of one of those crapster cheap Christian movies, add in the recent terrible Atlas Shrugged movies, and flip them to the inverse.

I've never walked out of a movie, and I powered through this one to keep my streak going. Was tough.