The day Lane Kiffin became a coach

MonkeyDoughnut

2 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Kiffin seems like one of those guys that would be fun to hangout, have a beer with.  But I don't, so I'm just going to go with he's a douchebag.

In the state of Florida, it could be argued that Kiffin is the most "well known" coach out of all the programs right now...

I'm thinking you are not alone there.

http://larrybrownsports.com/college-football/lane-kiffin-ex-wife-layla-divorce/343493

“I figured it out. I really don’t make any money,” Kiffin said in the SI feature with Pete Thamel. “I pay around 52% in taxes. Layla gets 34.5% in the divorce, and [agent Jimmy Sexton] gets 3%. I make [about] 9% and I’m living in Tuscaloosa.”

That sure was nice of Kiffin to insult Tuscaloosa like that. You think that jab went over well with Alabama’s fans?

Kiffin and Layla got divorced last year. SI says Layla is living in Manhattan Beach, Calif., with the couple’s three children in a $10,000 per month rental home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, kopp0e said:

In the state of Florida, it could be argued that Kiffin is the most "well known" coach out of all the programs right now...

In the state of Florida, it could be argued that Kiffin has the best team out of all the programs. Only UCF can really argue that point, since they are the defending National Champions and all.

17 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

In the state of Florida, it could be argued that Kiffin has the best team out of all the programs. Only UCF can really argue that point, since they are the defending National Champions and all.

Damn, I hadn't even thought of it that way, I just assumed that the "big 3" still had cache as the best programs...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

For those who remember, he was a very highly touted recruit who OU booted. Lot of suspicion around a drinking problem. Doesn't sound like Team Kiffin helped much.

Lol with Joey Freshwater as his personal chaperone through Boca, whoever could have seen this coming

• 3 months later...

I have a couple of friends that have been at Bama since Saban got there. The stories about Kiffin are, frankly, unbelievable. They’re steadfast in their position on it. 

One of their positions, and this was told while he was there, is that the fucking guy was overtly picking up coeds at the bars and taking several home at a time. They’d be at the bar until it closed and then roll out. He had no concerns about Saban knowing or his wife, who lived in LA and came in for a few games. He was attacked by multiple women at said bars after acting like he didn’t know them weeks later. 

They hosted us for the Florida game in 2014. We’re on the field and hanging around the facilities and Layla shows up. I’ve been around plenty of 9’s and 10’s in this life, and she’s easily in that area. Just hot as fucking balls and smells like heaven. 

Anyway, that broad had zero interest in being there. She brought the kids in and played nice, and then left the kids with the nanny and had some dude she was fucking, and then she left town. They got divorced soon after. 

Kiffin and Briles spent the bowl prep ahead of the Clemson loss a few years back up in Kiffin’s hotel room putting the FAU staff and recruiting plan together. So Saban fired him and promoted Sark during the week. 

Sark is a whole ‘nother story and it is mind-blowing that he’s back in Alabama. It’s not a wise hire and testimony to many coaches feeling like the end is nigh for Saban. 

Much respect to Monte as a homeboy from, played and coached for Nebraska.  I can understand why Lane is the way Lane is.  Monte got all pissy when Osborne was hand picked successor to Devaney back in '73 and after a few years left for a shittier job at Arkansas.  He went out on his own, and really worked his way thru and up the ranks, and because of that, made the connections and gained the experience to become one of the best defensive coaches in the NFL at his peak.  Lane always had him to fall back on when shit didn't go his way which was definitely something that didn't happen for Monte.  Had Lane come up like his dad, maybe he wouldn't be looked at as such a fucking cartoon.

TLDR Like father like son, but not really

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I have a couple of friends that have been at Bama since Saban got there. The stories about Kiffin are, frankly, unbelievable. They’re steadfast in their position on it. 

One of their positions, and this was told while he was there, is that the fucking guy was overtly picking up coeds at the bars and taking several home at a time. They’d be at the bar until it closed and then roll out. He had no concerns about Saban knowing or his wife, who lived in LA and came in for a few games. He was attacked by multiple women at said bars after acting like he didn’t know them weeks later. 

They hosted us for the Florida game in 2014. We’re on the field and hanging around the facilities and Layla shows up. I’ve been around plenty of 9’s and 10’s in this life, and she’s easily in that area. Just hot as fucking balls and smells like heaven. 

Anyway, that broad had zero interest in being there. She brought the kids in and played nice, and then left the kids with the nanny and had some dude she was fucking, and then she left town. They got divorced soon after. 

Kiffin and Briles spent the bowl prep ahead of the Clemson loss a few years back up in Kiffin’s hotel room putting the FAU staff and recruiting plan together. So Saban fired him and promoted Sark during the week. 

Sark is a whole ‘nother story and it is mind-blowing that he’s back in Alabama. It’s not a wise hire and testimony to many coaches feeling like the end is nigh for Saban. 

I'm subscribing to this channel.

On 6/26/2019 at 1:21 AM, Dewey said:

He was such a terrible fit at Tennessee, I'd love to hear some of those stories. I bet the guy who sells Yella Wood had a run in with Freshwater.

Yella Wood guy (Jimmy Rane) is an Auburn alumni and on their Board of Trustees.  Don't know how that pertains to Tennessee and Kiffin.

Yella Wood guy (Jimmy Rane) is an Auburn alumni and on their Board of Trustees.  Don't know how that pertains to Tennessee and Kiffin.
Forgive my ignorance, I thought Yella Wood was a Tenneesee alum... Auburn would have been my second guess!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...