I will be on 104.9 the horn 3/27 at noon

blacklab

17 hours ago, Modessit said:

We need a thread for all the new people that show up here after listening to that interview.

During our spring membership drive, new Surly members can choose between our always popular Drank Blvd t-shirt or our new coffee table book of Dirtbike quotes.  Unfortunately we are out of our "Come Back When You're 18" door mats.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Homercles said:

During our spring membership drive, new Surly members can choose between our always popular Drank Blvd t-shirt or our new coffee table book of Dirtbike quotes.  Unfortunately we are out of our "Come Back When You're 18" door mats.  

Hell yeah, we need some Surly swag.

LIstened to the podcast this morning - a damned commendable job by our (former) fearless Shag leader.  Hearing BL talk realtime about just a few of the nostalgic high points in site history hit me with the good feels in the pantalones.  Very happy to still be in this little corner of the Longhorn interwebs with you degenerates.  The king is dead; long live the king!

29 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

nice job blacklab.  

Shouldn't be surprised thin skinned Mac Brown called in the reinforcements when I posted the Fuck You Mac Brown thread back in the day.  Sorry that led to the name change, fuck me.

Maybe if you spelled his name right he wouldn't have cared

On 3/27/2018 at 8:38 PM, Tired of Lurking said:

I can't believe the Harvard douchebag seriously tried to use this as evidence.

FHn0CoI.jpg

Honestly -- and it's useless to what-if, here -- I wonder how it would've affected the outcome if instead of saying "that's a joke," blacklab would've stated on the record that "$3.50" was the value of Shaggy.

"Did you say that it was worth $350,000?"

"Where in that post do you see the word 'thousand?'"

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Honestly -- and it's useless to what-if, here -- I wonder how it would've affected the outcome if instead of saying "that's a joke," blacklab would've stated on the record that "$3.50" was the value of Shaggy.

"Did you say that it was worth $350,000?"

"Where in that post do you see the word 'thousand?'"

Pretty hard to testify under oath that those sites were worth $3.50, when jury has already heard that you've received $300,000+ in donations and ad revenue from Shaggy and LandThieves over the course of a few years.

31 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Pretty hard to testify under oath that those sites were worth $3.50, when jury has already heard that you've received $300,000+ in donations and ad revenue from Shaggy and LandThieves over the course of a few years.

But that's not what you're testifying to in this particular instance. What you're testifying to is that you said the site was worth three dollars and fifty cents in that particular post. If Eskimo Hut Fucker's counsel is then dumb enough to follow-up, you then bring the server costs into evidence.

Not sure where to put this, so its going here.   For giggles, I peeked in at the old site.   I saw this...

shaggytx shaggytx is offlinesuper admin  Join Date: Nov 2007  Posts 4,851
this site has changed ownership and and we are in the process of upgrading the backend software. There are quite a few customizations that were not upgraded automatically.  The site is not going away and will continue to function. Please bear with us as we update the hundreds of backend pages that have to be edited. Meanwhile we will start moderating and banning users that feel the need to post vulgar and totally unrelated messages. (my emphasis)

Thanks

tenor.gif?itemid=5495549

Edited by Hurtlocker

On 4/11/2018 at 6:45 PM, BNB said:

Because I wanted to listen again and had a hard time looking through the thread to find it...

Damn.  There was like 5 minutes of commercials before it.  They have made a lot of money on this.

This is local talk radio.  They probably made about $3.50 on it.  

• Like 1