ALDS Thread: Yankees vs Red Sox

Helobious

19 hours ago, Helobious said:

The best rivalry in sports comes to the postseason once again. Sox took the season series 10-9. Should be competitive as always, I say the Yankees pull off the upset in 5 games.

I bet Harlingen is just crawling with Yankee fever this week. 

This one's going 5 games.  Go Sox.

Given that Happ is pitching for the Yankees, the Sox go with future HOF (and Yankee-killer) Steve Pearce batting third.  (Quite the underrated midseason trade, btw.)

Red Sox lineup:

Betts, RF

Benintendi, LF

Pearce, 1B

Martinez, DH

Bogaerts, SS

Nunez, 3B

Kinsler, 2B

Leon, C

Bradley Jr., CF

Yeah you can pick almost any point in time and the Yankees-Red Sox series would be about split down the middle since then. Not many rivalries you can say that about. 

Hate the Red Sox, hate pretty much everything about Boston sports, but I can admit the Red Sox are just really really fucking good this year. Made a 100 win team a non-factor in the division race. No doubt in my mind, whoever wins this series is winning it all. 

Yeah you can pick almost any point in time and the Yankees-Red Sox series would be about split down the middle since then. Not many rivalries you can say that about. 
Hate the Red Sox, hate pretty much everything about Boston sports, but I can admit the Red Sox are just really really fucking good this year. Made a 100 win team a non-factor in the division race. No doubt in my mind, whoever wins this series is winning it all. 

ee74f1780e3852fbc5699c9c516a2306.gif
  • Like 1