The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

28 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Werner Herzog in Star Wars?? That’s so badass.

Werner Herzog and Nick Nolte in a live-action Star Wars TV series.  And Giancarlo Esposito and Carl Weathers.  And Pedro Pascal.  And Bill Burr.

Still trying to wrap my head around what we did to deserve this.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:37 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Werner Herzog and Nick Nolte in a live-action Star Wars TV series.  And Giancarlo Esposito and Carl Weathers.  And Pedro Pascal.  And Bill Burr.

Still trying to wrap my head around what we did to deserve this.

Not to mention that Dave Filoni is executive producing it. He, more than anyone at Lucasfilm, seems to *get* what Star Wars should be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Dutch said:

Will all the episodes drop at once, or will The Mouse release one a week (you know, to force us SW fans to pay him more money)?

Financial ramifications aside, I'm glad Disney+ is releasing this and other originals weekly.  It will make discussing the show easier and more fun.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Why do stormtroopers wear armor? Not once has it saved one person from dying from the first shot.

I know this is a joke, but honestly I guess for the same reasons that real soldiers wear body armor and kevlar helmets? 

Body armor and kevlar helmets won't stop anything from the working end of a high-powered assault rifle, but it will save you from shrapnel, falling off something on your head, etc. :)

Edited by oSuJeff97

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

The birth of the First Order is supposedly a plot line so maybe so.

I could see Disney going in with a little more than they originally planned, since episode 8 and 9 did absolutely nothing in terms of information on the first order. 

I know this is a joke, but honestly I guess for the same reasons that real soldiers wear body armor and kevlar helmets? 
Body armor and kevlar helmets won't stop anything from the working end of a high-powered assault rifle, but it will save you from shrapnel, falling off something on your head, etc.

Won’t protect from Ewoks and their falling objects.

Body armor and kevlar helmets won't stop anything from the working end of a high-powered assault rifle, but it will save you from shrapnel, falling off something on your head, etc.

It should protect from sidearms but doesn’t. If I was doing my own SW series, I’d definitely make them competent ass kickers that can’t be easily defeated, especially by anything as stupid as Drew’s furry fetish.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

50 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You said it three times. Are you trying to get Drew in the mood?

• Like 1

I’m in for a Disney + sub. This show plus the wife can theoretically stream every movie Disney has ever made. Well worth $5.99 a month. 

I also have ESPN+, I assume the two are separate subs, and I’ll have to subscribe to both? How is ESPN+ content outside of football season? It might be worth it if I can watch decent NBA games every night. I can only take so much Harden. 

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m in for a Disney + sub. This show plus the wife can theoretically stream every movie Disney has ever made. Well worth $5.99 a month. 

I also have ESPN+, I assume the two are separate subs, and I’ll have to subscribe to both? How is ESPN+ content outside of football season? It might be worth it if I can watch decent NBA games every night. I can only take so much Harden. 

There's going to be a bundle with Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu (not the live TV version; I assume it's the low-end basic version that's $5.99/month on it's own) for $12.99 a month.

Edited by LonghornSean

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

An all dark side movie could be a cool re-fresh. Battle for power etc

Joaquin Phoenix could probably make for a dark character, based on his Gladiator performance.

And I bet the guy who made the Hangover movies, I know, I know, but just hear me out, probably has a dark movie or two in him.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:48 PM, DoneWithit said:

Supposedly there will be a “major” spoiler in the Mandalorian episode 1. Now what it pertains to no one knows but my bet is it might have something to do with snoke, maybe. 

This is supposed to be post-Jedi/pre-TFA, right?   How about Boba Fett is alive?

It could be palps. I wouldn’t think it would have anything to do with the mandalorian or boba fett because then it wouldn’t be a spoiler. The series is about bounty hunters so boba wouldn’t be anything surprising—I guess it can be but I think you’d be dumb to think Disney wouldn’t want to capitalize on boba for monetary reasons. Now putting papa palps or snoke can be major because it has something to do with a story that isn’t finished.