The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

2 minutes ago, huge said:

So I have never watched either of the animated series.  Which should I start with?

Hmmmm.... Rebels is easier to digest and is directly tied to the original series, but there are a few story points in Rebels that you would appreciate more if you've seen Clone Wars.

The problem with Clone Wars is that there's A LOT to digest. Tons of episodes including a lot of "filler" episodes that don't have any bearing on the main arc of the story.  I think several years ago someone on Reddit put together a Clone Wars guide that shows which episodes to watch to get the main story if you want to skip the "filler" episodes.  If you just google "Clone Wars episode guide" it should be easy to find.

I'd maybe do that first, then watch Rebels, then go back and watch the filler episodes of Clone Wars if you have time.

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hmmmm.... Rebels is easier to digest and is directly tied to the original series, but there are a few story points in Rebels that you would appreciate more if you've seen Clone Wars.

The problem with Clone Wars is that there's A LOT to digest. Tons of episodes including a lot of "filler" episodes that don't have any bearing on the main arc of the story.  I think several years ago someone on Reddit put together a Clone Wars guide that shows which episodes to watch to get the main story if you want to skip the "filler" episodes.  If you just google "Clone Wars episode guide" it should be easy to find.

I'd maybe do that first, then watch Rebels, then go back and watch the filler episodes of Clone Wars if you have time.

LIke this?

https://imgur.com/gallery/suvAMuY

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, huge said:

Yep! That's exactly the one I was thinking.

I'd watch the highlighted episodes there, then you can watch Rebels and you'll fully appreciate the tie-ins.

Then if you want go back and watch the filler episodes.

And just FWIW, Clone Wars is definitely good, and worth watching.... but Rebels is EXCELLENT... especially the last few seasons.  If you grew up with the original Star Wars trilogy, you will LOVE Rebels.  :) 

• Like 2

• The Mandalorian episode 1: Tuesday, November 12
  • The Mandalorian episode 2: Friday, November 15
  • The Mandalorian episode 3: Friday, November 22
  • The Mandalorian episode 4: Friday, November 29
  • The Mandalorian episode 5: Friday, December 6
  • The Mandalorian episode 6: Friday, December 13
  • The Mandalorian episode 7: Wednesday, December 18
  • The Mandalorian episode 8 (season finale): Friday, December 27

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yep! That's exactly the one I was thinking.

I'd watch the highlighted episodes there, then you can watch Rebels and you'll fully appreciate the tie-ins.

Then if you want go back and watch the filler episodes.

And just FWIW, Clone Wars is definitely good, and worth watching.... but Rebels is EXCELLENT... especially the last few seasons.  If you grew up with the original Star Wars trilogy, you will LOVE Rebels.  :) 

I might be in the minority here but I don’t really enjoy Rebels that much. It’s a little too childish for me, until season 4, then it got a little better. Clone Wars is miles better but Rebels still has its good moments here and there. 

I might be in the minority here but I don’t really enjoy Rebels that much. It’s a little too childish for me, until season 4, then it got a little better. Clone Wars is miles better but Rebels still has its good moments here and there. 

You are dead to me.

Rebels redeemed Vader, his re-introduction following the “nooooooo debacle” led to Rogue One including his final scene.

Closed the Maul-Kenobi arc, in perfect fashion I might add.

Brought Thrawn out of Legend and into Canon.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

You are dead to me.

Rebels redeemed Vader, his re-introduction following the “nooooooo debacle” led to Rogue One including his final scene.

Closed the Maul-Kenobi arc, in perfect fashion I might add.

Brought Thrawn out of Legend and into Canon.

Clone Wars was serious, people actually died. The art of series is off, might have looked good in the original Star Wars drawings but not in a animated tv show. Ezra in particular is a whine bag the entire time of the show, too. Give me Clone Wars story arcs over Rebels any day. 
edit: to add to it, light saber helicopter flying has got to be the dumbest thing I’ve seen. 

Edited by DoneWithit
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MissingInAction said:

Watching this makes me feel like I consulted on the production but did so much cocaine afterwards I totally forgot about it.

Absolutely love it

Funny, because George Lucas and company were doing a bunch of coke when the made Episode One.