The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

11 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Hmmmm.... Rebels is easier to digest and is directly tied to the original series, but there are a few story points in Rebels that you would appreciate more if you've seen Clone Wars.

The problem with Clone Wars is that there's A LOT to digest. Tons of episodes including a lot of "filler" episodes that don't have any bearing on the main arc of the story.  I think several years ago someone on Reddit put together a Clone Wars guide that shows which episodes to watch to get the main story if you want to skip the "filler" episodes.  If you just google "Clone Wars episode guide" it should be easy to find.

I'd maybe do that first, then watch Rebels, then go back and watch the filler episodes of Clone Wars if you have time.

Skip any episode that starts with droids or a frog

The fact that he had to go through all that work to get an egg then to watch them fuckers slice it open and eat it was funny. How the hell was that egg worth more than all the ship parts/equipment. But then the mini Yoda is in a egg shaped crib and you got to think who ever wants it probably won’t play nice with the mini Yoda. This could be foreshadowing, I dunno really. I saw it on one of the episode reviews via YouTube and thought it was intriguing. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

What about an Ewoks vs Jawas mortal combat style game.

That would be funny, but not nearly as satisfying as eviscerating both species up close.

Hearing their screams as you crush a newborn ewok skull under your boot..... nirvana..

Edited by MissingInAction

It’s one of those things you never knew you needed until you actually saw him throwing Jawas off the sandcrawler, or straight-up disintegrating them     You’re kinda of shocked, but then you see what complete dicks they are, and you’re like “fuck yeah, roast them, do it!”

So if 11 or 12 Jawas can take him out, and he’s comfortable facing 4 stormtroopers....3-4-ish Jawas = 1 stormtrooper?  I’m not sure on the math though, but I’m fudging it in the direction of the Jawas.  

Favreau is an amazing writer.   I want to go back and watch Swingers sometime.   There was little dialogue in this episode, only one human, a lot of comedy, and plenty of tense moments.   And the Jawas pelting the shit out of him with junk was a nice touch.   And they made it clear that baby yoda was not a one-off fan service thing.  

We better get more IG.  And Ugnolte.

i have spoken.

• Like 2

I really want a baby Yoda!

Also when looking at the Devil’s Anus, I couldn’t help but think that’d be a better way to die than Boba falling into Hope Solo...

Love this show, love this episode.

I know a lot of people got the Indiana Jones vibe but I was vibing a stage coach, train c hase more than Indy.

Also Mando really needs a comlink rangefinder like the Fetts and Sabine has, although him using his rifle scope like the old westerns has a throwback feel to it.

4 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

The fact that he had to go through all that work to get an egg then to watch them fuckers slice it open and eat it was funny. How the hell was that egg worth more than all the ship parts/equipment. But then the mini Yoda is in a egg shaped crib and you got to think who ever wants it probably won’t play nice with the mini Yoda. This could be foreshadowing, I dunno really. I saw it on one of the episode reviews via YouTube and thought it was intriguing. 

I think the Jawas were punishing him for killing their peeps.  If he didn't die, they get some delicious furry egg. Win-win

• Haha 1

And
Baby Yoda is amazing.
apparently baby yoda is 50 earth years old and the mandalorian is set 10 earth years aby. that means baby yoda has been around since before TPM which takes place 32 earth years bby.

oh my.

anyway I'm hooked.

sooooo is baby yoda gonna show up in 9? hmmmm

0d63cac4bc498fb1111976572628f1a9.gif

Ep 2 was a complete side track and didn’t advance the plot one bit and still managed to be awesome. There was so much baby notyoda that I thought my 13 year old daughter was going to stroke out.

I really liked all the sand crawler scenes including the cockpit and the rooftop party deck.

• Like 1

I really liked all the sand crawler scenes including the cockpit and the rooftop party deck.

That stuff has been my favorite. What SW nerd didn’t wonder about taking a shit on the Millennium Falcon? Or where to bang Leia? The first episode gave us the space shitter and a quick glimpse of bed in the background.

Now if we could get an entire season dedicated to the construction of the Death Star. Then we could do a Below Deck style series of the misadventures of all the hot Empire stewardesses working behind the scenes to keep the Death Star running day to day.

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

That stuff has been my favorite. What SW nerd didn’t wonder about taking a shit on the Millennium Falcon? Or where to bang Leia? The first episode gave us the space shitter and a quick glimpse of bed in the background.

Now if we could get an entire season dedicated to the construction of the Death Star. Then we could do a Below Deck style series of the misadventures of all the hot Empire stewardesses working behind the scenes to keep the Death Star running day to day.

I would seriously pay money to watch this 

No, he had no idea what the baby did as he couldn't explain it to UgNolte. I think it's more that outside of Luke and Vader, the Jedi were extinct for the entirety of his life. You might hear stories about what happened but no one has seen a Jedi do Jedi things since the Clone Wars. Luke was treated more as the pilot who destroyed the first Death Star. We have no idea how he was talked about post-Jedi. If you go to TFA, everyone thought Luke and the Jedi were a myth. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So why was he so mystified by baby Yoda's jedi power? Didn't the Mandolorians fight the Jedi for years? 

No, he had no idea what the baby did as he couldn't explain it to UgNolte. I think it's more that outside of Luke and Vader, the Jedi were extinct for the entirety of his life. You might hear stories about what happened but no one has seen a Jedi do Jedi things since the Clone Wars. Luke was treated more as the pilot who destroyed the first Death Star. We have no idea how he was talked about post-Jedi. If you go to TFA, everyone thought Luke and the Jedi were a myth. 

Right remember even the empire brass attempted to shit talk Vader about his hokey religion, Tarkin believed that Vader was all that remained.

Han jokes about the Force to Ben and Luke.

This show makes me hate the prequels even more.

Check out that episode guide for the Clone Wars if you haven’t. I know I’m late the party but the episodes I’ve watched today are really good and do what they can to salvage the world and characters created by the prequels. The Geonosis invasion In season 2 is badass.

4 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

obi-wan kenobi mandalore GIF by Star Wars
One of the best episodes imo. 

Parts of clone wars verged on a little heavy and dark For a Y7 show. On the one hand I was glad a kids cartoon wasn’t glorifying war, however on the other I realized I might have to explain what ptsd was to my 6 year old.