The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Watched eps 1 and 2 ;ast night.  Definitely liked it.  I thought their ability to put the ship back together in a couple of days after being totally fucked up by the jawas was a bit of a reach, but whatever.
I have spoken.

I loved the 80s style montage during the fixit scene.

Also I’ve determined I can’t watch this with the wife. “Why is he mad at the Jawas? What egg are they talking about? Where’s he going now?”

Watching with kids is great though.

10 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I loved the 80s style montage during the fixit scene.

Also I’ve determined I can’t watch this with the wife. “Why is he mad at the Jawas? What egg are they talking about? Where’s he going now?”

Watching with kids is great though.

Exactly.  I watched it with my 16 yo son.  He was into it.

8 hours ago, brojangles2 said:

I’m only 22 mins into episode 1, but it’s pretty bad ass to see Oberyn in another fighting role. Catching a ton of Eastwood in this character, if you will. 

He’s handsome and the ladies love him, but yeah, having watched each episode a few times, totally young Eastwood vibe.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Deej said:

Well, that was all kinds of bad ass.

Should be a bump in the stock prices of all larger companies selling lotion, as well as Kleenex.  Will probably be a million fanboys that called into work sick this morning, or at least came in late.

These three episodes together are far better than any Star Wars made since the '80s, 

Funny how The Mandalorian is the first Star Wars production since A New Hope to feature characters that have never been seen before.

And the lady that directed this is the director of the Obi-Wan series.

29 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

I'm surprised more people don't watch during the day on Friday.  Anyway, episode was awesome.  Makes me hate that subhuman cum mop Rian Johnson even more for fucking up the sequels.

JJ and Kennedy are the ones ultimately responsible - JJ left no hard outlines or characters, plots, etc., and she Kennedy didn't have him (or others) sketch out a 3-movie arc/universe.

These episodes are a good watch over breakfast or lunch.

Should be a bump in the stock prices of all larger companies selling lotion, as well as Kleenex.  Will probably be a million fanboys that called into work sick this morning, or at least came in late.
These three episodes together are far better than any Star Wars made since the '80s, 
Funny how The Mandalorian is the first Star Wars production since A New Hope to feature characters that have never been seen before.
And the lady that directed this is the director of the Obi-Wan series.

I’m not following you. Weren’t there new characters in every movie?

Or are you saying it’s exclusively new characters?

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m not following you. Weren’t there new characters in every movie?

Or are you saying it’s exclusively new characters?

Exclusively new characters.  Filoni and Favreau made the decision, at least so far through 3 episodes, not to have any characters that have been seen elsewhere.  

And it's working out great.

I'm digging the idea that perhaps the Mandalorian decided Baby Yoda was a foundling.

Edited by atomheartbevo