The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

18 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I wonder how many people will dump D+ after the final episode airs.

I'm sure some will, but probably not a material amount.

For one thing, Mandalorian season 2 is already in production.  Secondly, there is a ton of great content on D+... all of Star Wars and Marvel plus TONS of other Disney movies and kids shows (for those who have kids); plus with the Hulu and ESPN+ bundle, it's a pretty solid deal.

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I'm sure some will, but probably not a material amount.

For one thing, Mandalorian season 2 is already in production.  Secondly, there is a ton of great content on D+... all of Star Wars and Marvel plus TONS of other Disney movies and kids shows (for those who have kids); plus with the Hulu and ESPN+ bundle, it's a pretty solid deal.

It's cheap enough that many Star Wars and Marvel fans will keep it around, just because it's an easy way to access all of the SW and Marvel content.

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I wonder how many people will dump D+ after the final episode airs.

I wonder how many are waiting for the full first season to be available before signing up, thinking they will just pay for one month and binge it and anything else in that month. Then how many of those decide to keep it because of the content. 

I wonder how many are waiting for the full first season to be available before signing up, thinking they will just pay for one month and binge it and anything else in that month. Then how many of those decide to keep it because of the content. 

I have talked to people who are waiting for the full season to hit and then plan to binge it over the holidays during a free week trial.

I think we’ll likely dump it after the Mandalorian because we own and/or have seen all the Disney movies that the kids (10 and 13) are interested in. We can PPV a couple per month for the cost of D+. Until D+ ramps up the new content I think it will be an on-again off-again service for us.

3 hours ago, Quagmire said:

Just let them buttfuck you while they play with Kenner Boba fett on your back.

Be careful that it's not a Boba Fett with the backpack that actually shoots a chunk of plastic, because a friend's cousin's friend's older brother's sister's boyfriend's little brother accidentally aimed the Boba Fett figure at his face, and fired the missile up his nose, and it lodged in his brain, and years later, he ended up graduating from Texas A&M.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I

21 hours ago, huge said:

Anyone complaining about not getting an AT-AT is not a millennial.  That's not how time works.

That's exactly what a millennial would say whine about.

16 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

I liked the way they handled Gina Carano in that episode. Unlike Jason Garrett or Tom Herman they identified strengths and utilized them but most importantly identified her glaring weaknesses and steered her around them. They had the other hot farmer woman handle the emotional aspects of the story so Carano could just be soldier boy bad ass. 

I like her looks but I'm thinking she went to the Hayden Christensen school of acting.

7 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

She appeals to plus sized out of shape fatties who are deluding themselves into thinking being a fat fuck is ok and healthy. 

Paging Vic for confirmation...

Huh.  In what way is Carano fat or out of shape?  She's a little too stocky for my tastes, but she is well cast in this role since she could legitimately whip Pascal's ass.

10 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Huh.  In what way is Carano fat or out of shape?  She's a little too stocky for my tastes, but she is well cast in this role since she could legitimately whip Pascal's ass.

I dont think she is fat or out of shape, just husky enough to appeal to plus sized whales out there.

Looks like Disney was sleeping on the possible popularity of baby yoda.  Pre-order this plush with an eta of 4/1/2020.  Would've made a fortune at Christmas.
https://www.shopdisney.com/the-child-plush-by-mattel-star-wars-the-mandalorian-11-pre-order-887961938814.html

Really shocking on Disneys part too. They kept the whole thing hidden so well before day 1 they had zero ability to test for it. But it’s baby fucking yoda, be a little more prepared. I was just a Disney on Wednesday for work and zero signs of any of it in the store on Downtown Disney.

Yes, but what this presupposes is what if the whole species was called "Yodas" and the other characters just blatantly referred to him as "Yoda" out of convenience, without ever knowing their particular names?  And then "Yoda" (as we know him) never said anything because his long game for their ignorance and species-ism was to simply let the Skywalker family, and the entire Franchise, die an embarrassing death as he watches on from beyond the grave?  

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or maybe he told them his name and species out of order and they got it backwards, and they think his species is Jonathan or something. 

Well they say baby yoda’s first word probably came after his second word. So confusion is a highly possible on his species/name. 

5 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Interesting - at https://www.shopdisney.com/the-child-plush-by-mattel-star-wars-the-mandalorian-11-pre-order-887961938814.html the description says "Yoda species" does not confirm actual identity as yoda.

My 10 year old keeps nerding out on me (i’m enjoying watching these with him but never have been a SW need so not sure how he caught the big) and keeps correcting me when I call him baby Yoda. He says that Yoda was 900 years old in the future movies and so this can’t be Yoda because there are storm troopers and storm troopers weren’t around until order 66 or something along those lines. He says there is a species (starts with a P I think) that Yoda belongs to and it’s a young that.

ill hang up and listen to the nerds

Edited by Rougarou

It's not Yoda himself because he's dead. This show takes place after Return of the Jedi.

Should have been Revenge of the Jedi.

Would definitely with Gina.

Another good episode. The story needs to be run through them. Let Lucas stay involved. Keep anyone with repeating initials away from this.

I'd be very shocked if that's Boba Fett. Lucas was very particular about him being killed when he fell into the Sarlacc. I doubt Filoni is going to go against his king. If anything, it will probably be some misdirection and it's a guy who found the armor after Boba was digested.

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Hide contents

I'd be very shocked if that's Boba Fett. Lucas was very particular about him being killed when he fell into the Sarlacc. I doubt Filoni is going to go against his king. If anything, it will probably be some misdirection and it's a guy who found the armor after Boba was digested.

Boba should have another 994 years of digestive action before just his armor would be left.[\spoiler]

• Like 2

That was Mae from agents of shield, right? Is she now in the 2 largest universes in existence?  Surely they didn’t kill her off with 10 minutes of screen time.  

I interpreted the last scene as Mando going to get her. 

Edited by UT_OB1

8 hours ago, Loose Stool said:

Right but it was also funny to see the place with droids in it AND being run by droids!

It's interesting to think what Tatooine is like after the end of Jabba's rule. The droid tending bar was the same type or could be the same one that was Jabba's droid controller who put the restraining bolt on R2. They did an amazing job recreating the set from the OT. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It's interesting to think what Tatooine is like after the end of Jabba's rule. The droid tending bar was the same type or could be the same one that was Jabba's droid controller who put the restraining bolt on R2. They did an amazing job recreating the set from the OT. 

Agreed.

41 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Introducing Boba Fett into the show this early would take away from Mando.

Boba ain't coming back.  Filoni is extremely close with Lucas, has even had him on the set of Mandalorian and he and Favreau got permission to work with the Yoda race, and Lucas made it clear that Boba is dead, multiple times.

Plus, it would completely cheapen the Mandalorian series, and the Mandalorian doesn't have JJ Abrams or Rian as show-runners.

It's going to be Gus Fring's character, Bill Burr's character, or possibly Gina's character.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Just now, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

If Boba Fett isn't dead, that does bring into question who it was wearing his armor in the first episode, or whether or not they threw that in there as just some kind of easter egg for fans to notice.

Total fan service. That was just a random Mandalorian in similar looking armor. Except his armor wasn't all battle scarred like Boba's was.