The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Holy shit, the #1 plush toy on Amazon is Baby Yoda

And the ship date is May 25, 2020.  As somebody said, brings back memories of Kenner announcing toys way out from their actual ship date.

And the description is slightly creepy.

Star Wars fans will love taking on the role of the Mandalorian bounty Hunter and caring for the child on their own!

spacer.png

I'd rather they not bring back Boba Fett. Return of the Jedi had some warts, Boba Fett falling into the Sarlacc Pit being of one the most frequently mentioned. But it ended his story in the original trilogy. Should he return, it's in the same vein as George Lucas adding CGI to the original films. Just leave it alone. 

There's been theories presented in podcasts that The Client, Werner Herzog. works for Moff Gideon portrayed by Giancarlo Esposito. He's said to be one of the aforementioned Imperial Warlords. Gus Fring playing another big bad works for me. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

19 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

it's in the same vein as George Lucas adding CGI to the original films

I thought it was great that Filoni toned Mos Eisley down a lot.

spacer.png

There are a couple of problems with bringing back Boba Fett:

1. Jon Favreau went on an ABC show a few months ago and said Boba Fett is not in the show, that it's all new characters, and they are exploring an era/setting not covered by any thing else.  There's misdirection, and then there is flat-out lying.  Favreau is not going to do that to the fans, and because it was an ABC show, The Mouse could have easily nixed that question from being aired to keep Favreau from having to lie.
  2. Lucas repeatedly stated over the years that he died.  Filoni is Lucas's protege.  Lucas has been on the set of the Mandalorian.
  3. Boba Fett was not a Mandalorian, nor was Jango (see the tweet below), Boba was a clone.
  4. There is no need for him.  In fact, it would confuse the shit out of a lot of the more casual Star Wars fans.
  5. If Boba Fett is still alive, it brings a whole shitload of clone aging problems into play, problems that were addressed in Filoni's other TV series.  In theory, at this point, Boba Fett would be a very old man (40+ years in human years, but given clone's rapid aging, much older).

9 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

It was Mando. People are just over thinking it; Mando flew back to the body so he could get the bounty reward. 

I actually thought he was going to see if she was still alive. It is odd to me that they would cast her, give her only 5 minutes of showtime and a few lines, and then kill her off. 

21 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I actually thought he was going to see if she was still alive. It is odd to me that they would cast her, give her only 5 minutes of showtime and a few lines, and then kill her off. 

I think she's still alive. But so far, it seems that Nick Nolte was cast for just a few minutes of screen time, so the same could have happened with her.

I will say this, had Favreau left the door open for Boba Fett to be in the series, it would have been hilarious if he (or somebody in his armor) showed up somehow, and Mando (or somebody) just fucking gunned him down.

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

I saw pic on reddit earlier today that showed the person having same armor as Mando did. 

Apollo Creed has beskar....and he's pissed as hell.

Spoiler

however, Weathers said in interviews that most of his stuff is in Season 2.

Edited by atomheartbevo

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Apollo Creed has beskar....and he's pissed as hell.

Hide contents

That was my guess.  You know he’s not sitting around handing out bounties, as you said he’s pissed.

[nerding] Also never realized the cantina had a U-shaped bar.  Went to Galaxy’s Edge in Orlando and Oga’s Cantina is set up the same way, just with a huge back bar instead of being open.

11 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay, so Mando checks, she’s alive, or alive enough that Baby Yoda heals her, he now has a potential ally?  They are both being hunted by the same people.   

I don’t even know what to think anymore. On one hand I believe the simple answer of it was Mando getting the body to save her or get her bounty money. On the other hand, we haven’t seen Giancarlo’s character or another new one yet to be seen. 
Also, I don’t think this has been talked about but wtf was up with baby yodas scream before he came out of the ship? 

1 hour ago, DoneWithit said:

I don’t even know what to think anymore. On one hand I believe the simple answer of it was Mando getting the body to save her or get her bounty money. On the other hand, we haven’t seen Giancarlo’s character or another new one yet to be seen. 
Also, I don’t think this has been talked about but wtf was up with baby yodas scream before he came out of the ship? 

Kids who wake up and their parents aren't there are often scared.

Trust me, I get woken up at 4:30 every morning to pat a 15 months old back to sleep in her crib. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hornian said:

Kids who wake up and their parents aren't there are often scared.

Trust me, I get woken up at 4:30 every morning to pat a 15 months old back to sleep in her crib. 

Oh I was just thinking along the lines of when Obi-wan did it in ANH. 

• Like 1

I thought it was the mando going back for proof that she’s dead, so he could eventually collect the bounty.

My wife thought it was someone else.

Also kinda liked the Tusken raiders getting a little moment. Also the sign language part was a cool little touch, I made a quip to the wife “if he starts arrghharrgghhhargh-ing!” To my wife right before he signs... lol

• Like 1

And to the boba stuff. I do not want to see boba alive.

I’d maybe like to see his armor live on one day.

I always took the mandalorian plot story as Jango stealing the armor and taking on the role of a Mandalorian as truth.

I wouldn’t mind if the mando explores that in some future arc like his helmet turns up and the mando thinks it’s boba and figures out it isn’t or something... stolen identity type stuff.hell maybe even address the mystery of was Jango/Boba actually Mandalorian or just a thief like Dave Filoni made it in the clone wars.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Okay, so Mando checks, she’s alive, or alive enough that Baby Yoda heals her, he now has a potential ally?  They are both being hunted by the same people.   

yeah, I have a feeling she's going to be back around. ally or no. This episode strikes me as very Kung Fu. Stranger shows up, does a thing, and then has to move along to the next place. 

They should do an episode where baby yoda sticks a bean up his nose and they have to drop out of hyperspace to spend all night at the ER in some backwards planet.

Fixed.  

You don’t need the ER for that (the lego), just some needle nose pliers (speaking from experience). Kid might need some therapy eventually but that’s on his/her dime.
  • Like 1

So here's my theory about all the interest in Baby Yoda and I think it's greasing the skids for what is upcoming in EP IX.

Cloning.

They are either wanting/trying to clone Yoda's species - or it actually really is Yoda - as a clone. 

Soften the blow with this series and then it won't be as big a deal when Palp, Anakin, or Rey turn out to be a clone in the Skywalker movie.

Edited by BluTechsan

10 hours ago, jeevsie said:

Man, it must smell bad in that helmet.

How do we know for sure it's actually Pascal?

I really don't mind the one episode cameos.

Cantina scene was awesome.

pascal clearly learned after his last binge-worthy character that if he wants a job that lasts longer than a season, he needs to keep the helmet on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BluTechsan said:

So here's my theory about all the interest in Baby Yoda and I think it's greasing the skids for what is upcoming in EP IX.

Cloning.

They are either wanting/trying to clone Yoda's species - or it actually really is Yoda - as a clone. 

Soften the blow with this series and then it won't be as big a deal when Palp, Anakin, or Rey turn out to be a clone in the Skywalker movie.

Agree. I haven’t read any ROS spoilers, but we’ve got unresolved things like how is Palpatine here? Who is Rey? What was the deal with Luke’s lightsaber and severed hand that the orange midget lady wouldn’t tell Han? Anakin and baby Yoda could have been Palpatine’s or Plageus’s experiments in creating the ultimate midichlorian (lolz) host for body jumping and “cheating death”. Palpatine could have had clone(s) of himself queued up for his death. Rey could be a manipulated clone of Palpatine, Luke, Vader, or the offspring thereof. 

I’m eager to see if they kill off baby Yoda by the end of this series or otherwise explain where the hell he is during Ep. VI-IX. Luke is like how about a hand, bro?

We are still waiting to learn why Ahsoka Tano apparently sat on her ass during the rebellion of Ep. IV-VI and where she is as a 65-70 year old during these recent movies. 

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’m eager to see if they kill off baby Yoda by the end of this series or otherwise explain where the hell he is during Ep. VI-IX. Luke is like how about a hand, bro?

We are still waiting to learn why Ahsoka Tano apparently sat on her ass during the rebellion of Ep. IV-VI and where she is as a 65-70 year old during these recent movies. 

She’s supposed to be dead (was dead? Multiverse?), and Vader thinks she’s dead. Gotta wait until he’s gone to hop back in the timeline.