The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I haven’t seen it posted in this thread, but Disney + has a Rogue One prequel with Diego Luna in the works. In. So in. 

I picked up D+ last night and decided to watch R1 again.  Fuck that movie is really fucking good.  I know literally no one will agree but I do believe it is better than ROTJ.  I put it only behind IV and V.  I never understood the comments about "well yeah but they had to reshoot and re-edit to get that version blah blah blah" bullshit.  Marcia Lucas ring a bell?  IV was all fucked up until she got a hold of it.  Who gives a shit really, it's the final fucking product that matters.

46 minutes ago, naija said:

has any poster admitted this show is boring?

I know where you're coming from.  It's not AOC or TLJ level, but I know what you're saying.  If it wasn't SW, I'd have probably been out by now.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, naija said:

has any poster admitted this show is boring?

Probably not. Not enough of a virgin to even watch Star Wars though, or its stupid spin offs. 

😊

In all honesty, I still haven't seen one Star Wars. Saving them for my future vasectomy. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

Probably not. Not enough of a virgin to even watch Star Wars though, or its stupid spin offs. 

😊

In all honesty, I still haven't seen one Star Wars. Saving them for my future vasectomy. 

Yet your stupid is here commenting on a Star Wars show. Take your weak ass troll game the fuck out of here.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I picked up D+ last night and decided to watch R1 again.  Fuck that movie is really fucking good.  I know literally no one will agree but I do believe it is better than ROTJ.  I put it only behind IV and V.  I never understood the comments about "well yeah but they had to reshoot and re-edit to get that version blah blah blah" bullshit.  Marcia Lucas ring a bell?  IV was all fucked up until she got a hold of it.  Who gives a shit really, it's the final fucking product that matters.

I agree.  I put it right behind V and IV as the 3rd best in the franchise.

• Like 2

Lol always threw me for a loop as I got older.

One of my favorite gun play movies is way of the gun.

They kept track of every round fired, dealt with malfunctions on camera etc except for one moment at the end where they intentionally did an homage to the classic western shootout since chris mcquarrie was basically doing a modern day western.

See if you can spot the moment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

And like most Westerns, you never seem to need to reload.  

It’s a blaster. I’d like to think a universe in which civilizations have mastered intergalactic space travel, they have a hand gun that generates whatever it is firing. 
mans mando’s rifle seems to be single shot that he reloads. 

I’ll nerd out for a minute on legend and canon, most blasters had a power cell and a gas cartridge.

They normally had enough gas to never need replacing in battle but they could overheat.

Depending on the gas cartridge the color or strength of the plasma bolt could be stronger or faster. The power cell could modify the power of the bolt as well, like the stun or training setting, or modify the rpm of the blaster itself. Hans DL-44 was known to have an overpowered cell that required a cooling unit to slow/prevent overheating in rapid fire. His DL-44 was also twice as powerful as the standard E-11 blaster rifle and could easily penetrate clone armor and obviously storm trooper armor. Eventually being outlawed by the empire.

Some weapons like Chewie’s bowcaster would need quarrel reloads, Mando’s Amban rigor also needed reloads.

Ok nerd session over... sorry

8 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

I’ll nerd out for a minute on legend and canon, most blasters had a power cell and a gas cartridge.

They normally had enough gas to never need replacing in battle but they could overheat.

Depending on the gas cartridge the color or strength of the plasma bolt could be stronger or faster. The power cell could modify the power of the bolt as well, like the stun or training setting, or modify the rpm of the blaster itself. Hans DL-44 was known to have an overpowered cell that required a cooling unit to slow/prevent overheating in rapid fire. His DL-44 was also twice as powerful as the standard E-11 blaster rifle and could easily penetrate clone armor and obviously storm trooper armor. Eventually being outlawed by the empire.

Some weapons like Chewie’s bowcaster would need quarrel reloads, Mando’s Amban rigor also needed reloads.

Like anyone could even know that.

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

The fuck?

3 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

yeah sure thing dork, but which part made the pew pew pew sounds brainiac.

It's following the exact formula of Rebels. Lots of groundwork laid in early episodes as they world build. One off adventure/job type episodes that will probably tie in to later episodes in the middle, the final 2 will introduce the big bad and lay the groundwork for season 2. This is what Filoni does. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It's following the exact formula of Rebels. Lots of groundwork laid in early episodes as they world build. One off adventure/job type episodes that will probably tie in to later episodes in the middle, the final 2 will introduce the big bad and lay the groundwork for season 2. This is what Filoni does. 

Bill Burr and company were not left alive for no reason.   

And having watched 7 this morning, he referenced back to some of those one-offs.  

3 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

EXCELLENT episode... Loved seeing the TIE fighter landing sequence on retractable gear, not just sitting in a hangar on those flimsy side panels.

Reveal hidden contents

...and damn.  Kuiil.  Good job, good effort.

Looks like Ep 8 is "Recover the baby!"

That was a great introduction to that character as well.  Glad they are well into season 2 production.   The people making this love Star Wars.  The people making the feature films love making feature films.  

That episode was awesome! Baby Yoda doing his thing, we’re starting to see Mando getting the crew started and we get to meet the bad guy who has freaking shadow troopers?!?! I’m getting the feeling papa palps has something to do with wanting baby Yoda.

2 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

Hide contents

That episode was awesome! Baby Yoda doing his thing, we’re starting to see Mando getting the crew started and we get to meet the bad guy who has freaking shadow troopers?!?! I’m getting the feeling papa palps has something to do with wanting baby Yoda.

Am I gonna have to Force choke a bitch?

spacer.png

• Like 4