The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder if that will completely bridge the gap to rebels or at least to order 66. 

We should probably get a clone Wars season 7 thread going but I’ll just say what I’ve read on the CW7 today, here. It looks like season 7 will run parallel of TROS. A scene in the trailer where we see Mace Windu say (in front of other Jedi) “I feel like there is plot to destroy the jedi” this is literally said by Mace in TROS, right before papa palps reveals himself to Anakin. Also in the trailer, we see Anakin talking with padme via hologram. In this, padme is visibly pregnant, which puts more weight on CW7 running concurrently with TROS, since he learns of her pregnancy in the beginning of TROS. We gonna see order 66 in greater detail, especially how Ahsoka escapes order 66. Can’t wait for all of the order 66 stuff we never got to see. 

Now, we do see rebels in this trailer. Going back to the trailer scene where mace is with a bunch of other Jedi— we also see Jedi master Depla Billaba with a padawan. This padawan is Caleb Dume, AKA Kanan Jarrus. We know this from Rebels but Depla sacrifices herself for Kanan during order 66. 

There is some other stuff that I definitely missed but buckle up folks, this season of the Clone Wars is going to be fucking awesome. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

We should probably get a clone Wars season 7 thread going but I’ll just say what I’ve read on the CW7 today, here. It looks like season 7 will run parallel of TROS. A scene in the trailer where we see Mace Windu say (in front of other Jedi) “I feel like there is plot to destroy the jedi” this is literally said by Mace in TROS, right before papa palps reveals himself to Anakin. Also in the trailer, we see Anakin talking with padme via hologram. In this, padme is visibly pregnant, which puts more weight on CW7 running concurrently with TROS, since he learns of her pregnancy in the beginning of TROS. We gonna see order 66 in greater detail, especially how Ahsoka escapes order 66. Can’t wait for all of the order 66 stuff we never got to see. 

Now, we do see rebels in this trailer. Going back to the trailer scene where mace is with a bunch of other Jedi— we also see Jedi master Depla Billaba with a padawan. This padawan is Caleb Dume, AKA Kanan Jarrus. We know this from Rebels but Depla sacrifices herself for Kanan during order 66. 

There is some other stuff that I definitely missed but buckle up folks, this season of the Clone Wars is going to be fucking awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If true, this could kick much ass. Putting behind a spoiler in case anyone wants to not see casting news/speculation.

rosario dawson asohka tano

We have exclusively learned that Rosario Dawson will appear in The Mandalorian season 2 and are excited to report that she will be playing a fan-favorite character previously only seen in the Star Wars animated productions. Dawson will be playing a live-action version of Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi padawan apprentice who appeared in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels. This would be the character’s first appearance in live-action.

• Like 3

I love Dawson...I don't know that it's "perfect" casting. But I have high hopes...it would be about the right age.  But they'll have to figure out how to explain why she's there with them and not off trying to find Ezra with Sabine(unless it's part of it)

On 3/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, Drew said:

I love Dawson...I don't know that it's "perfect" casting. But I have high hopes...it would be about the right age.  But they'll have to figure out how to explain why she's there with them and not off trying to find Ezra with Sabine(unless it's part of it)

That'll be pretty easy.  The Mandalorian takes place ~5 years after the Battle of Endor.  I imagine the appearance of the dark saber means Sabine will come into play in some form or fashion.

If I were to offer my best guess, it would be that Sabine and Asohka got separated at some point, Sabine is missing and Asohka hooks up with Mando to try and find her as part of the dark saber storyline.  Could be that season 2 ends with them finding Sabine and then maybe sets up season 3 to introduce Ezra and Thrawn.

I don’t doubt Dave is busy plotting how to get Thrawn back into everything somehow.

He busted his ass getting everything back in the rails and now he also has to link the resistance to the last trilogy.

Hell I figured Thrawn could come into play with Palpatine creating this secret clone/sith army and navy. In the books Thrawn did just that in the outer rim when palpatine fell the first time.

As for the dark saber Sabine, that would be a dark reintroduction to Mandalore and concord... she comes back to find that Mandalore was crushed even after she United the clans. And that some Imperial IT officer has the saber.

Ashoka comes back to find Anikan saved.

Will he nuke it from orbit?

Only way to be sure

And during this isolation I made the call(probably a bad call) to let my son watch predator, terminator 1 & 2 and Aliens with me this week... he loves them, Aliens was tops for him though. He wanted to watch the ops room tracker scene again right after it was over...