The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

The lady who has voiced Ahsoka from the beginning made a statement yesterday that reads like she’s pissed at Filoni for not being considered for the live role. 

I know they made an online thing about it before that she’d be perfect to play her if Ashoka ever went live action but she’s super white... That’d be like Dee Bradley baker playing Rex now days...

8143a18c07abdb4a3789828a5b851f25.jpg

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I know they made an online thing about it before that she’d be perfect to play her if Ashoka ever went live action but she’s super white... That’d be like Dee Bradley baker playing Rex now days...

8143a18c07abdb4a3789828a5b851f25.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The lady who has voiced Ahsoka from the beginning made a statement yesterday that reads like she’s pissed at Filoni for not being considered for the live role. 

In her defense, she carried the Ahsoka torch for a long time, even when there was no active shows in production.   I’ve been to a convention where a shit-ton of people stood in line for her autographs, photos, whatever, and she had her fans.  

• Like 1

Ahoska is a pretty big character, and a fan favorite. They had to go with a name actress. Rosario Dawson is pretty connected, and definitely a Star Wars fan, but her resume is a little sparse. 

Her last good movie was Sin City (2005). Last good movie she starred in, 25th Hour (2002). A lot of voice work/TV since then. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Ahoska is a pretty big character, and a fan favorite. They had to go with a name actress. Rosario Dawson is pretty connected, and definitely a Star Wars fan, but her resume is a little sparse. 

Her last good movie was Sin City (2005). Last good movie she starred in, 25th Hour (2002). A lot of voice work/TV since then. 

what? did no one watch Trance? 

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

As @mdmost pointed out, she’s earned her keep on Marvel TV. I guess they need somebody about Dawson’s age. Personally, I can see Dawson as Ahoska. 

But yeah, she hasn’t been a feature film star, or regular, for quite some time

As opposed to Pablo whoever, Nick nolte , Gina carano, and Carl weathers?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2020 at 2:59 AM, Murfdogg21 said:

I dig her. She has a legit gripe but she needs to be careful. I don't think they started development on the Rebels sequel with Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra. Would suck if they had someone else voice Ahsoka for that series.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I dig her. She has a legit gripe but she needs to be careful. I don't think they started development on the Rebels sequel with Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra. Would suck if they had someone else voice Ahsoka for that series.

Is that an actual thing or a theory?  I haven't heard anything about that.

Okay. People were acting like she hasn't done much in a while. She also starts in a show on the USA Network. If they created Sabine, I wouldn't think they should cast the person who voiced her either. This is such a dumb manufactured controversy by people online. Not saying here but Reddit is acting all whiny about this. Star Wars fans are the worst. 

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Okay. People were acting like she hasn't done much in a while. She also starts in a show on the USA Network. If they created Sabine, I wouldn't think they should cast the person who voiced her either. This is such a dumb manufactured controversy by people online. Not saying here but Reddit is acting all whiny about this. Star Wars fans are the worst. 

I mean it wouldn't be the worst casting, plus always great to get a UT alumn some work

499?cb=20180414045912rexfeatures_9062132dj.jpg

You ever seen the guy who voices Ezra? Give him a haircut and he's actually not that far off. And the MF who voices Thrawn would be a dead ringer. Paint his ass blue. He's also Mads Mikkelsen's brother (Galen Erso).
500?cb=20160823191143

Yeah Lars mikkelsen does kinda look like Thrawn.

When he was on the Witcher, I happened to be reading a text but as he started talking a snapped up saying “Thrawn?!?”

Yeah that guy could totally play Thrawn.

So who would eventually play Ezra?  IIRC, I think Ezra was supposed to be *roughly* the same age as Luke and Leia right?  I know they were both supposed to be 19 at the time of ANH.... seems like Ezra would have been in that same ballpark, or perhaps even maybe a year or two younger.

So during the time of the Mandalorian, he should be..what... late 20s/early 30s, give or take a few years?

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah that guy could totally play Thrawn.

So who would eventually play Ezra?  IIRC, I think Ezra was supposed to be *roughly* the same age as Luke and Leia right?  I know they were both supposed to be 19 at the time of ANH.... seems like Ezra would have been in that same ballpark, or perhaps even maybe a year or two younger.

So during the time of the Mandalorian, he should be..what... late 20s/early 30s, give or take a few years?

I mentioned Wilmer valderama on another thread

I’m not saying Ashley should automatically get the nod, but I’m not totally feeling RD as Ahsoka. Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters ever and I really want them to do her justice. She has such an interesting arc across Clone Wars and Rebels.

Same. I LOVE RD. And I’m sure she’ll pull it off.

But much like Gal Gadot, who’s been great at WW(I was super skeptical at first) I still don’t think she’s really WW to me. I have no complaints though with her. Just thought someone bigger, bustier?, should have played her.

Kind of like Ryan Reynolds IS Deadpool. And Margot Robbie took Harley Quinn to a point I can’t picture anyone else...I’m not sure Dawson can do that yet.

But I have am hopeful and have faith in Filoni.

Yeah there are quite a few good Hispanic actors that could play an older Ezra... hell I kinda thought benicio del toro might have been Ezra in the last Jedi before they made him have a weird lisp for some reason.

Gael Garcia Bernal would also be a solid choice for an older Ezra.

Wilmer would be a decent choice as well.

All of them would have to work on losing the accent though.

Agent Kallus could be played by leiv schreiber, he had the same beard when he played sabertooth

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Drew said:

I actually don't hate that at all.

They better have a very fucking good explanation for how Boba Fett lived though.

there isn't one. I sure hope this isn't true because I think Boba Fett is stupidly overrated. and he died - and isn't a force user so there's no "using the force somehow" to cheat death. 

The sarlacc ate him. He's desert poop. The End.

Totally on board with Rex though. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 9:11 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

I know actors can often play younger, but he's 40.  Ezra (I think) would be in his late 20s during the time of the Mandalorian.

Ezra was born 19 years BBY, so he’s the same age as Luke. Luke is 23 in RotJ, so yes, Ezra would be late 20s (28)

I’m down with Boba coming back. He was armored up and I’ve heard he escaped in the comics. He had a jet pack and a grappling hook, I could see it.

Hell Darth Maul survived being chopped in half and that turned out awesome.

That’s the only argument I’m accepting and praying for

I got the feeling from Rebels that Rex had not see a Jedi for a while

That was right, they went into hiding because they thought most the Jedi had been wiped and those that survived would definitely be hostile towards clones. As scenes when Kanen meets them.

But they still vividly remembered surviving under the Jedi in combat including Yoda.

On 5/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, Nivek said:

Boba reborn as a clone trooper in disguise is rather Cobra Commanderish, and I like it.  Maybe a Bad Batcher?

I got the G.I. Joe series/movies for my 7-year-old, and we've been slowly working through them, and as batshit as some of those are, some of the Star Wars stuff rivals them, particularly the last 3 movies.