The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

We talking Thrawn and not including Lars Mikkelsen?!?

Although Lars is older so if it’s young Thrawn I guess I’m ok with someone new but if it’s Rebels or post Rebels Thrawn like Mando age Thrawn then Lars Mikkelsen has to play the part.

His cadence and tone was perfect for Thrawn

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Although Lars is older so if it’s young Thrawn I guess I’m ok with someone new but if it’s Rebels or post Rebels Thrawn like Mando age Thrawn then Lars Mikkelsen has to play the part.

And we have a winner.  

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And we have a winner.  

3 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Only know his face because of The Witcher, but agree he does a good Thrawn.

Amusingly, it looks like he is doing some fan fic movie that IMDB lists...?  I'm not sure why this would be on IMDB.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7170374/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

500 years before the Clone Wars the Galactic Republic builds "The Citadel", which is a maximum security facility designed to keep "Rogue Jedi" imprisoned. Rogue Jedi all over the galaxy are being located and brought back. This is the story of one of these retrievals.

Edit - down the rabbit hole it looks like it raised about $30k 

Edited by UT_OB1

41 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Almost done with the Gallery. Can’t believe they went with some kid out of USC film school for the score, but rock on. Seems like he knew the right people to land that gig and did a decent job. Maybe he has other accolades that I don’t know about. 

He did the score for Black Panther.

Almost done with the Gallery. Can’t believe they went with some kid out of USC film school for the score, but rock on. Seems like he knew the right people to land that gig and did a decent job. Maybe he has other accolades that I don’t know about. 

The Creed movies, Black Panther, Community. He won an Oscar for Black Panther.

• 5 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Disney CEO confirms season 2 will come out in October, in case some were worried Covid was going to screw us out of season 2. 

shouldn't be a problem, I mean Pedro Pascal already has the mask thing down right?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:45 PM, mdmost said:

Disney CEO confirms season 2 will come out in October, in case some were worried Covid was going to screw us out of season 2. 

Yeah IIRC Jon Favreau tweeted back in March or whenever that they had finished principle photography right before the lockdown, but good to get this confirmed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, finally watched the season. Dumb question amnesty please:

When does all this take place? Between or during which episodes?

Is that actually the Yoda, or just another whatever he is?

In the prison break out ep, why did x wing fighters destroy the space station? I thought that was an imperial prison barge they attacked?

Who killed all the other Mandalorians in the last episode? Big pile of Beskar armor means dead Mandalorians, no? And the armorer was the only one who survived?

And, why would they help Mando escape by revealing themselves and fighting the other bounty hunters earlier in the season? That doesn't make any sense to me.

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Between Ep. 6 and Ep. 7.  

Another.  Yoda is already a force ghost.

In the prison break out ep, why did x wing fighters destroy the space station? I thought that was an imperial prison barge they attacked?

It was a Repubic prison barge.  

Who killed all the other Mandalorians in the last episode? Big pile of Beskar armor means dead Mandalorians, no? And the armorer was the only one who survived?

The imperial remnants who were looking for baby yoda.  Yes, most except for the armorer appear to be dead.

And, why would they help Mando escape by revealing themselves and fighting the other bounty hunters earlier in the season? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Because this is the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tapa won’t let me quote above.

He’s right and to expound:

1. 5 years after the fall of the empire in Ep.6
2. Nothing really to add except that species has been very protected by Lucas until he let Filoni and Favrau use his species here.
3. Same, republic barge. Side bit the republic officer in the barge is the guy who voiced Anakin Skywalker in the Clone Wars animated series. Also the X-Wing pilots were all directors in this series including Dave Filoni as Lead pilot Trapper Wolf.
4. The death trooper and storm trooper garrison/regiment under Moff Gideon.
5. The Mandalorians have been clan based and since Mando was accepted into that secret clan after sharing his Beskar, they fight together and protect each other as “this is the way”.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the number I’m supposed to call if this last more than 4 hours?!?

Hell yes.

He’s refilled his screamin mimis and baby reaction was great.

Also the cameo doesn’t look to be Ashoka, Sasha Banks new character which is either Sabine or someone new...

Oh and a call back to the Bespin approach but this time with Xwings.

37 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Anyone have the number I’m supposed to call if this last more than 4 hours?!?

Hell yes.

He’s refilled his screamin mimis and baby reaction was great.

Also the cameo doesn’t look to be Ashoka, Sasha Banks new character which is either Sabine or someone new...

Oh and a call back to the Bespin approach but this time with Xwings.

All rumors, but everything I’ve read for a while now is Sash is Sabine 

And just cuz:

spacer.png

Edited by UT_OB1