The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Kind of just dawned on me that with all the mandolorean trust issues, having and actual mando in Sabine running around with the Jedi that he needs to find makes a lot of sense. And the roll she played before, she might also be a good catalyst for him starting the effort of rebuilding the civilization. If that is the direction they are going, I’m sure Filoni thought of that 10 years ago when he was fleshing out Rebels. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So the bring down, has anyone heard if Pablo has worked his issues out with the execs?

There is enough blood in the water I’ve heard that I believe that he walked off the set midway through the S2 filming.

I know he was quoted in S1 he didn’t like not being the actual mando being filmed most of the time but S2 has some new rumors that he got into it with execs about his role in the series.

19 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

So the bring down, has anyone heard if Pablo has worked his issues out with the execs?

There is enough blood in the water I’ve heard that I believe that he walked off the set midway through the S2 filming.

I know he was quoted in S1 he didn’t like not being the actual mando being filmed most of the time but S2 has some new rumors that he got into it with execs about his role in the series.

i read it was friction with season 2 switching gears halfway through season with the show focusing more on other characters. i couldn't find anything confirming what the beef was about and if it was resolved?

maybe filoni introducing ahsoka, sabine, the dark saber and shiz made the show more of a rebels spin off than about the mando and Pablo said no bueno???? just spitballing here.

2 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-pedro-pascal-difficult-mandalorian

Also my wife watches Grace Randolph and she was saying the same thing a week ago

maybe this is what caused  the shift in the story lines from mando centric to other characters and storylines?

and the whole mandos cannot be seen without their helmets on is weird as shit as CWs and Rebels had Mandalorians primarily without their helmets throughout both series.

this is a odd hill to die on for both filoni/writers since they already set precedence that isn't true and pablo since he knew that was a premise of the character anyway, at least for this show.

I'm sure there could be friction but this is the same chick who said Kathleen Kennedy was going to be fired and then KK got an extension. 

I'd imagine after the success of season 1, Lucasfilm switched gears and now wants more live content for Disney+. Hence, bringing in Ahsoka and Sabine. Bob Iger said they'd have some branching off series based on season 2. 

Yeah I’m just seeing if y’all heard anything more.

I hope he isn’t done, the idea of spinning off beaches for other series is an obvious jumping point. Hell if he wants more face time it’d be the prime point to get his helmet off if Sabine comes in helmetless.

I’m still hyped beyond belief though and I’ve watched that teaser probably 10-15 times now

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

All those Mexican names sound the same! -Speedtrucker

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I'm sure there could be friction but this is the same chick who said Kathleen Kennedy was going to be fired and then KK got an extension. 

I'd imagine after the success of season 1, Lucasfilm switched gears and now wants more live content for Disney+. Hence, bringing in Ahsoka and Sabine. Bob Iger said they'd have some branching off series based on season 2. 

I think there's mostly smoke as far as Pedro - and it's not like the whole point of his kind is that they don't take their helmets off.  And running to KK seems like the last thing to do, because if anybody is going to vote to reduce his screentime and boost that of others, it'll be her.

But I do think there is some fire as far as KK.  There have been some comments made publicly by various interested parties about differences in opinions, and from what I've heard, Disney is trying to shuffle KK over to one of their other studios.  Lucas the Man is not happy.  Fans are publicly mocking the sequel trilogy while praising the hell out of Mando.

And then Daisy Ridley recently dropped that little bomb about the director/writers not knowing what the fuck they were doing, which then pissed the fans off yet again, after the last movie.

The fact that Disney scaled back plans for future Star Wars movies is, by itself, an indictment of KK - it's a public lack of confidence that she can make Disney a lot of money with those movies, even though they should be automatic money makers.

The problem for Disney, and I'll be the asshole and say it, it's a bad look to fire one of the most powerful women in Hollywood.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

this is the same chick who said Kathleen Kennedy was going to be fired and then KK got an extension. 

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

I was hoping that wacko was going to be pushed out, especially since she said they had no plan for the trilogy and sort of let each director do their thing. Which of course made it one heck of a continuity mess from movie to movie

Thanks for bringing me down while a hurricane is coming my way

25 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

KK is the anti-Christ for the SWs franchise. 

HOWEVER, she gets a pass in my book because she was the producer for Fandango (the movie). She's a fucking genius!!!!!!!!!

She was one of many producers. 

Pat Kehoe...associate producer

Kathleen Kennedy...executive producer

Frank Marshall...executive producer

Barrie M. Osborne...associate producer

Tim Zinnemann...producer

Steven Spielberg...executive producer (uncredited)

I guess Tim Zinnermann was the main producer.

Sooooooooo, FUCK Kathleen Kennedy

• Hook 'Em 1

maybe this is what caused  the shift in the story lines from mando centric to other characters and storylines?
and the whole mandos cannot be seen without their helmets on is weird as shit as CWs and Rebels had Mandalorians primarily without their helmets throughout both series.
this is a odd hill to die on for both filoni/writers since they already set precedence that isn't true and pablo since he knew that was a premise of the character anyway, at least for this show.
It was my understanding from the first season that Mando and the others he was with were a very orthodox faction of Mandalorians. Don't remember how I picked that up, but it was the lens in which I viewed them as they introduced their society.

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

It was my understanding from the first season that Mando and the others he was with were a very orthodox faction of Mandalorians. Don't remember how I picked that up, but it was the lens in which I viewed them as they introduced their society.

The Death Watch Mandalorian group saved the child Mando. In CWs and maybe Rebels (not sure DW was in Rebels), Death Watch had no mandate about helmets always on. 

However, maybe something happened during/after the Empires war with Mandalore that led to the mandate and they have yet to touch on it in the series. That's the only excuse that I can think of for the odd inconsistency which is so un-Filoni like. He's usually really good about being true to the story and tying shit together.

The Death Watch Mandalorian group saved the child Mando. In CWs and maybe Rebels (not sure DW was in Rebels), Death Watch had no mandate about helmets always on. 
However, maybe something happened during/after the Empires war with Mandalore that led to the mandate and they have yet to touch on it in the series. That's the only excuse that I can think of for the odd inconsistency which is so un-Filoni like. He's usually really good about being true to the story and tying shit together.

Maybe some kind of "revival." Would make for an interesting episode.

19 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Yeah, I can’t imagine this won’t go unanswered by Filoni. Why even cast an actor if that’s not going to change?

17 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Lmao, I didn’t even realize I did that.

Would it shock every that I’m Hispanic and have both a Pedro and Pablo in my extended family. Lol

That's like being shocked that I'm of Italian descent and have 2 Jimmy's, Butch, 3 Pete's , Frankie, Paulie, 3 Anna's, and a host of others.  

• Like 1

Video breaking down the trailer. If he is right about his theories, Filoni is going to pull another Filoni and tie everything together like only he can do.

Edit: if you are worried about potential spoilers maybe don't watch, but it is mainly speculation. There are possible Clone Wars and Rebels spoilers, though.

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 8:00 AM, Buzzrock said:

Filoni is an actual Jedi.

I hope that shit about Pascal being a bitch isn’t true. But if it is fuck him, get someone else. It’s not hard to find another voiceover person who sounds like him.

"Nobody sees my face. I'm irreplaceable!"

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Deej said:

Unlike the last 25 years of the people in charge of this franchise.

It was also really strange seeing the guy I only know as Happy in that leadership role. 

I wish 7-9 had been pulled off better, but I have hope for what’s to come if those 2 remain in charge

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

I'm really trying to finish Clone Wars by then. I've seen about half of it and all of Rebels so I don't imagine I'll be missing many references, if any, but I like to be a completionist. 

Skip all noted as filler episodes. When you get to the final four episodes of the final season, prepare to call your doctor for the duration of your boner. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, Speedtrucker said:

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-pedro-pascal-difficult-mandalorian

Also my wife watches Grace Randolph and she was saying the same thing a week ago

I hate Grace so much.  Had to unsubscribe from her channel.  She obviously has friends in the know, but doesn't always read the tea leaves right. She was 100% on board with TLJ, praising it in her early videos, and then once some people started crying about it, and of course they were more vocal ones, she switched her stance to stay with the flow.

She's biased against certain actors/directors/producers and doesn't let it any of there success deter her.  She so over pro PC it's ridiculous.  She destroyed the Alladin film(not because it was bad) because the girl playing Jasmin wasn't "Persian enough" when she's actually of Persian descent, but too white for her liking. Obviously loves when they change characters to female that were originally male, and when they put POC in traditional white cast roles(no huge issue with any of that to a degree) but absolutely HATES when someone who isn't gay/lesbian has the audacity to take a role that is supposed to be a LBTQ role.  And god forbid a white actor/actress plays any other race/region.  

/rant

My only complaint is that I REALLY hope Sasha Banks isn't Sabine.  I just don't see it, and since she's my favorite character from Rebels(Ahsoka is from CW is the only reason) I want her played by an actual actress that can carry a show.

Still, can't wait.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Skip all noted as filler episodes. When you get to the final four episodes of the final season, prepare to call your doctor for the duration of your boner. 

yeah I'm following the guides out there. I'm halfway through season 5 and wondering what everyone is talking about with droid episodes.

It's going to have to be pretty epic to top the season finales of Rebels though.

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

yeah I'm following the guides out there. I'm halfway through season 5 and wondering what everyone is talking about with droid episodes.

It's going to have to be pretty epic to top the season finales of Rebels though.

Are you watching them? You'll know when you are.

Of course it's the first time you'll meet Gregor(or was it the other one?) that you meet with Rex in Rebels.

17 hours ago, Viper said:

Yeah, which is best is debatable. They are all spectacular. I think the Clone Wars finale may be the most dramatic (and that’s saying something if you’ve seen Rebels s2 finale and s3 Twin Suns) due to what is happening elsewhere in real time, and how the galaxy could’ve easily turned out so differently if other things had happened or just happened a few hours earlier. Enjoy it.