The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

On 2/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, Surly Bevo said:

If Mayfield shows up somewhere else they would be missing a nice opportunity to allow Bill Burr to slyly address Cara Dune....that's how I want to see it done. 

Replace Mando in this cartoon with Bill Burr.  And you can picture Burr saying all of that, while cracking a smile/smirk and slightly laughing.

Rn5dJPY.jpg

Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/LgkIhXr

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ronald D. Moore is willing to make a Star Wars series, and he's working with Disney.  Star Wars TV series not in the cards just yet for him.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ron-moore-is-ready-to-make-a-star-wars-tv-series-and-an-outlander-spinoff

After launching his career on Star Trek favorites The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, Moore revived Battlestar Galactica for Syfy (earning a prized Peabody Award in the process) and spearheaded Outlander's transition from the pages of Diana Gabaldon's book series to a global hit on Starz. 

Now, as the prolific writer and showrunner returns to space with season two of Apple's For All Mankind, Moore is setting his sights on another longtime love: Disney.

Following a decade set up at Sony Pictures TV, Moore recently signed a rich overall deal with Disney-owned 20th Television where he's already lined up an update of Swiss Family Robinson and hopes to put his lifetime love of Disneyland and Star Wars to good use.

You flirted with a Star Wars live-action show with George Lucas for ABC nearly a decade ago and it never got off the ground. And now you're at Disney at a time when they've got a dozen live-action Star Wars shows in development. How many conversations and how many different ideas have you already pitched about going in and doing a Star Wars show for them?

It's always something that's on my mind but clearly, they have their Star Wars plate full at the moment. I'm not sure this is the moment that you go in and pitch a new Star Wars series over there. I would love to do something in that franchise. It was fun to go work on the abortive live-action show that I did way back when. I got a tremendous amount of thrill of writing lines for Darth Vader in one episode and it would be fun to do that again. It's just not the first piece of development I'm doing over there but hopefully I'll be allowed to do that at some point.

How do you look at the fact that we have a landscape in which two months ago Disney announced a dozen Star Wars shows? How does that even process in your brain?

It's amazing. I am old enough to have gone to Star Wars in the summer of '77 and seen it originally and then you had to wait years to see the next one. Now it's just fun. I used to read the novelizations and the comic books in between movies and you saw what a rich universe it was and how many stories you could tell in so many different ways. The idea that they are now spreading out the Star Wars saga as not just the main line of the Skywalker story but doing things like The Mandalorian and all these other shows … I can't wait to see all the different possibilities that get opened up.

tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif?1307475753

• 2 weeks later...

I forget if we have an Ahsoka thread, and I know we don’t have an Andor thread, so this seemed like the best place. I know most here have probably been preoccupied nerding out over WandaVision, but Obiwan is confirmed in Andor TV show as well as second important Jedi, which is implied to be Ahsoka since she is signed on to several appearances 

https://thedisinsider.com/2021/03/03/lucasfilms-andor-prequel-series-will-feature-both-obi-wan-and-ahsoka-tano/

See no. Stop that shit. Obi Wan is supposed to sit on a desert planet and live a hermit's life in seclusion until Luke comes of age. He does that because he failed Anakin and knew they needed his son to eventually defeat the Empire. Stop making Obi Wan a part of a side story. Unless Cassian somehow comes to Tatooine. Somehow the part of the galaxy that the brightest parts are farthest from is a Star Wars hotspot. 

If you want Ahsoka helping out, that's fine. That's actually already existing canon from Star Wars Rebels. 

One fun rumor I saw related to Rebels is Proud Girl Dune was supposed to be on The Rangers of the New Republic but now might be replaced by Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels. That would be pretty awesome, especially if we get the Ghost in some live action.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

See no. Stop that shit. Obi Wan is supposed to sit on a desert planet and live a hermit's life in seclusion until Luke comes of age. He does that because he failed Anakin and knew they needed his son to eventually defeat the Empire. Stop making Obi Wan a part of a side story. Unless Cassian somehow comes to Tatooine. Somehow the part of the galaxy that the brightest parts are farthest from is a Star Wars hotspot. 

If you want Ahsoka helping out, that's fine. That's actually already existing canon from Star Wars Rebels. 

One fun rumor I saw related to Rebels is Proud Girl Dune was supposed to be on The Rangers of the New Republic but now might be replaced by Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels. That would be pretty awesome, especially if we get the Ghost in some live action.  

Look, old Ben has a lot of time on his hands. Maybe he starts spending it at a bar at the most wretched hive of scum and villainy and starts handing out drunken advice and getting in to bar fights until his ghost friend comes along and helps him get over his issues

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

I forget if we have an Ahsoka thread, and I know we don’t have an Andor thread, so this seemed like the best place. I know most here have probably been preoccupied nerding out over WandaVision, but Obiwan is confirmed in Andor TV show as well as second important Jedi, which is implied to be Ahsoka since she is signed on to several appearances 

https://thedisinsider.com/2021/03/03/lucasfilms-andor-prequel-series-will-feature-both-obi-wan-and-ahsoka-tano/

This is some Star Wars news I can welcome, because it seems like about 95% of Star Wars news these days is about Kathleen Kennedy trying to fuck over Favreau and Filoni.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yesssss on a live action Hera

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

Look, old Ben has a lot of time on his hands. Maybe he starts spending it at a bar at the most wretched hive of scum and villainy and starts handing out drunken advice and getting in to bar fights until his ghost friend comes along and helps him get over his issues

Or maybe he eeks out a living as a long haul trucker in between arm wrestling competitions, where he uses the force to win. 

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is some Star Wars news I can welcome, because it seems like about 95% of Star Wars news these days is about Kathleen Kennedy trying to fuck over Favreau and Filoni.

LOL it’s not news. All of these nerd sites have figured out that it’s the ultimate click bait for Fanboys. 

All you need is a headline saying “You’ll Never Guess What Kathleen Kennedy is Doing Now!” and include some non-specific information about how she’s doing this or that to interfere with Favreau/Filoni, all of the Fanboys will click to read and then tweet, post and whatever else about how much they hate her.

21 hours ago, mdmost said:

He cuts down Maul and buries him.  A live action version of that would be nice to see as well.  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 11:38 AM, mdmost said:

Right, she's so fucked them over that she's greenlit 3 new shows for them. Star Wars fans are the worst. 

A certain subset of them certainly are.

They all hate Kathleen Kennedy because they hated TLJ.  I happened to like that film, but if people don’t like it, Rian Johnson (obviously) and JJ Abrams are certainly to blame as well... much more so than Kennedy, IMO.  

Then they get that reinforced by a million click-bait articles and videos that frame everything Star Wars related as Fiolni/Faverau vs. Kennedy. 

I saw one the other day where Mark Hamill was just tweeting about how he loved the end of Mandalorian and the headline with something like “Mark Hamill Celebrates The Mandalorian saving Star Wars from Kathleen Kennedy!”  It’s just so fucking absurd.

Like all you have to do is listen to Mark Hamill for about 5 minutes or read his twitter timeline to know that framing is total bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

She is largely responsible for going in to the new trilogy with no plan for the story line and letting Rian Johnson do whatever he wanted in the 2nd one.  She definitely deserves it for that, but she doesn't appear to be causing Filoni any trouble at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 4 weeks later...