The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

16 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

Haven't watched the newest one yet, and it might have already been mentioned, but the score so far seems more likely to fit a Rocky film than Star Wars?  Other than that, I've liked the first 2 eps.

The score is more like a Leone film. 
I bet if you ran that drumbeat behind the good bad ugly opening music it would sound great. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 2

Everyone: Ewoks and Porgs are so cute!

Baby Yoda: My beer, you will hold.

The porgs were silly as was a lot of what went on on that island.

The ewoks were just horrible, maybe if it had just been wicket it wouldn’t have been as bad but you basically turned the rebellion into midget planet of the apes vs Palestine’s best men supposedly... now has they been run through like hot butter to buy time for the rebels to sabotage the relay station, ok.

Now if in the next 4 episodes kid green becomes this super power that defeats the remnants of the 501st by himself... I won’t be as high on kid green but as “the asset” he’s right below my own 2 kiddos.

I just started watching and this fucking show is amazing.

That scene where the Mando is attending to his wound and baby Yoda walks out of his pod, twice, to amble over and reach for his wound - there is not any scene like it in any of the movies. This scene has so much character development and portent, but pretty much nothing happens.  Since it's a series, the story really gets to breathe. It's just an amazing scene.

• Like 4

On 11/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, mulletpelini said:

Haven't watched the newest one yet, and it might have already been mentioned, but the score so far seems more likely to fit a Rocky film than Star Wars?  Other than that, I've liked the first 2 eps.

I noticed that, too, and sure enough it’s the same composer as Creed.

8 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I noticed that, too, and sure enough it’s the same composer as Creed.

I believe it was Angus Young that was asked once, "Haven't you guys just basically made the same album 12 times?"  

Angus replied, "What an ignorant thing to say......it's been 13."

I've always noticed how close the Predator and Back to the Future scores were.....same deal.

Edited by mulletpelini

I believe it was Angus Young that was asked once, "Haven't you guys just basically made the same album 12 times?"  
Angus replied, "What an ignorant thing to say......it's been 13."
I've always noticed how close the Predator and Back to the Future scores were.....same deal.

Basically all Michael bay movies have the same score...

The rock
Bad boys
Transformers
Con air
Etc

It’s either that driving “dun dun da dun dun daaa”
Or it’s the gospel choir-y sounding chants as the camera pans around in slow motion

On 11/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, Speedtrucker said:

The ewoks were just horrible, maybe if it had just been wicket it wouldn’t have been as bad but you basically turned the rebellion into midget planet of the apes vs Palestine’s best men supposedly... 

Huh?

000_DV605899.jpg?itok=CKz5Hxlo

Gonna have to take baby Yo to the republic or something.  This ep begs the question, that can a Mando mate with a non-Mando?  Is that why the foundlings are so important?  Oh yeah, Tooka or Loth-cat or whatever we call them.  Pillboy!!! for all you Good Place fans.

Edited by rantanamo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ernest_t_bass said:

A change of pace in the storyline in this ep.  My least favorite of the 4 so far. 

I kept waiting for an Ewok to pop out of the woods, or for them to take out the AT-ST with swinging logs.

Edited by Deej

Definitely the fluffiest episode of the four. And they used the same head fake from the first episode when Mando shot the IG droid.

If they had killed off kid green though they would have had riots on their hands. And my daughter was gonna be super pissed if Mando had left him with the shrimp farmers.

Yes been said before but I really like the show’s homages to samurai movies, which then influenced/were remade as westerns (and which were of course an influence on George Lucas). This week’s episode brought to you by The Seven Samurai/The Magnificent Seven.

• Like 1