The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

OMG-the "he attac, he protec, mostly he just nap" and those photos.  I don't know what I want more, a third baby or disney +

anybody have the one of Kid Green with his left profile at sunrise/sunset?  It's just him and just his silohuette at magic hour?  It's gold!  

I enjoyed this episode. They are paying homage to all of the classic westerns/western themes. So of course they have to throw the Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai/Three Amigos in there. The short episode length hurts it for stories like this because it prevents any character development other than the main characters.

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

I like how they had Mando and Gina do the Dutch / Dillon handshake from Predator. I refuse to believe it’s coincidental.

That handshake is always bittersweet to me.  On the one hand, it’s awesome and represents everything America stands for.  On the other, it just makes me sad to think that it’s one of the last times Dillon will enjoy his arm before the Predator blows it clean off.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So apparently from the toys or data mining ppl, the enforcer Mandalorian is named Paz Vizla, obviously of clan Vizla.

OMG-the "he attac, he protec, mostly he just nap" and those photos.  I don't know what I want more, a third baby or disney +
anybody have the one of Kid Green with his left profile at sunrise/sunset?  It's just him and just his silohuette at magic hour?  It's gold!  

Told my wife I want a T-shirt of the silhouettes of mando and kid green pointing to each other.

Side mission complete, back to the story missions next week!

Good episode for what it is.

Introduction of the rebel shock troopers.

I like the Indian chick though, or as the wife and I kept calling her Pocahontas.

Kid Green is basically my 3rd child now. I love him

I watched Goliath on Amazon last week and that Indian chick was in it playing a stuntwoman. I would definitely mate with her except on those times of the month when she would have to sleep in tent on outskirts of village...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

I watched Goliath on Amazon last week and that Indian chick was in it playing a stuntwoman. I would definitely mate with her except on those times of the month when she would have to sleep in tent on outskirts of village...

You scared to earn your redwings?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Or:

They don’t have towels in a galaxy far away?

Sure, that was a "filler episode" and still 100X better than most television going right now. But there will be some parts of it that come into play later. There's a reason the hot momma was an ace shot. Probably she's a former Imperial. 

Edited by mdmost

Sure, that was a "filler episode" and still 100X better than most television going right now. But there will be some parts of it that come into play later. There's a reason the hot momma was an ace shot. Probably she's a former Imperial. 

I actually like that they left it where they did. There are veterans scattered everywhere and not all are mercenaries.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

It would be amusing if they introduce us to these interesting characters like Ugnolte and Gina, and then that's the last you ever hear of them, but that's not how Rebels worked, plus we've seen trailers for Mandalorian clearly showing Gina and others in other settings.  I do admit, I actually thought he was going to live Baby Yoda with those people, but then they had to do something to show that he's incredibly important.

Since they seem to be slow-rolling it, they are probably introducing us to characters, Ugnolte, Gina, Hot Widow, etc., that will form some kind of team.  

He's going to get a larger ship, probably for his team/family, and there's already leaked photos of it.

[spioler]

spacer.png

[/spoiler]

But seriously, it's cool that they are taking their time and just doing world and character-building.  While it maybe the closest thing they have to a "bottle episode", this was not a throw-away episode.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It would be amusing if they introduce us to these interesting characters like Ugnolte and Gina, and then that's the last you ever hear of them, but that's not how Rebels worked, plus we've seen trailers for Mandalorian clearly showing Gina and others in other settings.  I do admit, I actually thought he was going to live Baby Yoda with those people, but then they had to do something to show that he's incredibly important.

Since they seem to be slow-rolling it, they are probably introducing us to characters, Ugnolte, Gina, Hot Widow, etc., that will form some kind of team.  

He's going to get a larger ship, probably for his team/family, and there's already leaked photos of it.

[spioler]

spacer.png

[/spoiler]

But seriously, it's cool that they are taking their time and just doing world and character-building.  While it maybe the closest thing they have to a "bottle episode", this was not a throw-away episode.

You spelled spoiler right 50% of the time. But at least the picture you posted is actually the Serenity from Firefly.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

So what other westerns would you like to see them riff on? I’d be down with a 3:10 to Yuma episode.

The Quick and the Dead. 

Would love to see a shootout with the bad guys shadow with a hole for the sunlight to shine through before he falls over dead. 

Blazing saddles?

But also if talking tropes:

1. High noon version of the shoot-out, where the towns people all chicken out and leave their posts.

2. Shoot-out at OK Corral, as he builds up his team and faces off against the red sash cowboy gang.

3. 3:10 to Yuma - although this is kinda happening, sorta with kid green.

4. Red Dead Redemption - hired/forced to hunt down former/rogue gang or Mandalorians. I’d see something like kid green is taken by shady alliance general on premise to protect but actually then tells Mando he has to capture/kill some mandalorian badass that originally helped train Mando and maybe gave him the Razor Crest.

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Good episode. A little firefly-like but still pretty solid and baby Yoda has mastered comedic timing. 

When he leans over and pushes the button that shakes things up, that is my toddler - she will do something like try and touch a key on my laptop, I'll move her hand and tell her to stop it, and then she'll look at me, and continue looking at me while leaning over to push another key.

So do we have an over/under on the number of Baby Yoda dolls sold this Christmas?  Eleventy billion?

edit- I guess there aren't going to be many as they didn't gear up production of them because they didn't want to spoil the intro of the character.

Edited by Sbbruin

This would be an ideal Christmas for me to be 6 years old again.  My mom could listen me to talk about how much I needed a baby Yoda doll this Christmas.  Then she’d tell me her friend Ginger could make one just as good as the ones in the store for just $4 plus supplies.  Worked for my darth Vader costume in ‘82. It would work again. 

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

So do we have an over/under on the number of Baby Yoda dolls sold this Christmas?  Eleventy billion?

edit- I guess there aren't going to be many as they didn't gear up production of them because they didn't want to spoil the intro of the character.

I'm honestly impressed with Disney on this, because in the past, they would have commercialized the shit out of it, and we would have had the dolls, etc. in the stores the week that Disney+ launched.

I can remember the soundtrack to The Phantom Menace spoiling Qui-Gon Jinn's death multiple times weeks before the movie launched.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

This would be an ideal Christmas for me to be 6 years old again.  My mom could listen me to talk about how much I needed a baby Yoda doll this Christmas.  Then she’d tell me her friend Ginger could make one just as good as the ones in the store for just $4 plus supplies.  Worked for my darth Vader costume in ‘82. It would work again. 

Imagine the scuffles at WalMart for the last Baby Yoda.

spacer.png

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My wife and I actually talked about this last night.  She's OBSESSED with baby yoda, and she knows a lotta other folks are too.  It would be mayhem and murder in the aisles.

The people that would cause mayhem and murder in the aisles are the exact people that need to be culled from polite society. I say let them fight, and may the odds be ever in your wife’s favor.