The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

So Deborah Chow directed yesterday's episode, and Episode 3, The Sin.

I'd say the Obi-Wan series is in really good hands.

7 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I’m guessing the the previously appearing master assassin has a big hand in their escape.

And possibly the other Mandalorians.

Spoiler

He has a jetpack in the trailer, and is chasing Grand Moff Gideon's TIE fighter.

I think the latest episode also added some much needed plot to the overarching series. Not that I didn't enjoy a bunch of stand alone adventures, but it is nice to see that they are going somewhere and that many of these "random" characters are in fact coming back. I think in some ways we have been spoiled by netflix and amazon dropping whole seasons to binge and have forgotten how to be patient and wait to see what comes next with these types of shows.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I think the latest episode also added some much needed plot to the overarching series. Not that I didn't enjoy a bunch of stand alone adventures, but it is nice to see that they are going somewhere and that many of these "random" characters are in fact coming back. I think in some ways we have been spoiled by netflix and amazon dropping whole seasons to binge and have forgotten how to be patient and wait to see what comes next with these types of shows.

you guys really need to watch the rebels series. it gives insight to how filoni sets up the episodes, the pacing, the character reveal, the slow plot reveals, and the series. rebels started off pretty damn slow and then got incredible, especially the last 2 seasons. this series pacing is very similar to the first season of rebels. he had 5 seasons in rebels. he has 3 season with mando. i think shit started to get real good. he'll continue the slow reveal of what the empire wants with baby yoda. may not find out the real reason until the second half of season 3.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

you guys really need to watch the rebels series. it gives insight to how filoni sets up the episodes, the pacing, the character reveal, the slow plot reveals, and the series. rebels started off pretty damn slow and then got incredible, especially the last 2 seasons. this series pacing is very similar to the first season of rebels. he had 5 seasons in rebels. he has 3 season with mando. i think shit started to get real good. he'll continue the slow reveal of what the empire wants with baby yoda. may not find out the real reason until the second half of season 3.

This right here.

Introducing Giancarlo as the big bad in the penultimate episode is such a Filoni move. I'm sure the plotting will pick up significantly in season 2.

• Like 1

Yeah the Rebels reference is pretty spot on, I remember the grand inquisitor being the early villain which led to “the are some things far more frightening than death!” Along with season 2s introduction of the ultimate badass.

However season 1 did a lot of building up of multiple stories and arcs, of which a few took 5 seasons to finish.

The Mando seems to be doing the same thing but in a shorter window. Introduce 3 worlds, a bunch of characters, bring them all together and find that the next villain is usually worse than the previous one.

23 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And possibly the other Mandalorians.

Hide contents

He has a jetpack in the trailer, and is chasing Grand Moff Gideon's TIE fighter.

Also that IG unit, they didn't spend all that time explaining the story of how he was saved and rebuilt for nothing. He is going to be pissed and is still on that ship, bet he flies that over and starts shooting. 

• Like 1

Also that IG unit, they didn't spend all that time explaining the story of how he was saved and rebuilt for nothing. He is going to be pissed and is still on that ship, bet he flies that over and starts shooting. 

Yeah at first I thought it was gonna be a heel turn, the new IG11 was gonna be the one that shot Kwill.

Since they intentionally left him out of all shits I’m assuming he’ll switch into protector-vengeance mode and follow the speeders back to Moff Gideon.

17 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Yeah at first I thought it was gonna be a heel turn, the new IG11 was gonna be the one that shot Kwill.

Since they intentionally left him out of all shits I’m assuming he’ll switch into protector-vengeance mode and follow the speeders back to Moff Gideon.

That makes a lot of sense- IG11 is the one who tracks down the bad guys and saves baby green.  Changes Mando's opinion of him but before he can tell IG11, he takes a blaster shot for either baby green or Mando and is destroyed beyond repair...

20 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Or IG11 doubled crossed him and is the one who shot and killed him, not the troopers

4 hours ago, Loose Stool said:

That makes a lot of sense- IG11 is the one who tracks down the bad guys and saves baby green.  Changes Mando's opinion of him but before he can tell IG11, he takes a blaster shot for either baby green or Mando and is destroyed beyond repair...

Or they bring YoJu back and he goes all hyper-force and chokes every one of those fuckers out.

12 minutes ago, Loose Stool said:

That would be cool!  And, they set it up so we know he has the ability.  

Question is:  Does Disney have the balls to let this scenario play out...

It would be cool if he had a little bit of a mean streak unlike grandpa Yoda.  Not full Dark Side.  Just a good dude who could get riled to action if crossed.  "Back the fuck off Mando, bishes!"

Pure speculation on my part so I'm going to put it in spoilers

The reason he saved the Baby Yoda is he was saved from the Battle droid that killed his parents and village when he was a child either by Yoda or a squad of troopers led by Yoda

Edited by mdmost

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Saw Esposita giving an interview on Conan O'Brian, and he was wearing cowboy boots.   

Yeah, he really likes hanging out in Austin.  

So I’ll spoiler this next part because it’s still pretty new regarding the rise of skywalker

i was listening and looking really hard for any signs of kid green, I know y’all prefer baby Yoda..., but I didn’t see him or hear him in the force ghost moment. I did hear Kanan and Ahsoka though. But in a big twist, the newly reintroduced force heal was present and in a big way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Same. Hilarious. And loved how they made a joke of how bad they are at shooting.

That episode was fucking epic.

And how they were just a couple of schlubs frustrated by protocol and scared of their boss. There was also one short shot where they looked exactly like biker cops, sitting there, looking bored on the side of the road.