The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

44 minutes ago, jet black said:

Guess I’m going to have to watch the clone wars cartoons. My 9 year old told me that the ending of ep 8 has a back story in a few of the episodes.

Rebels might be more relevant though.  There are some direct connections revealed in this episode that the uninitiated wouldn't be aware of.  Not necessary to know at this point, but definitely adds some great possibilities of future run into and back story.  

Yeah if you want the full story you’ve got a lot of TV to watch. But if you want the cliff notes:

The weapon that Gideon used at the end is called the Darksaber. It’s an ancient one of a kind Mandalorian clan weapon created by the first Mandalorian to become a Jedi. So the cliffhanger is: why does he have it? What’s his connection to the Mandalorians?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

And how they were just a couple of schlubs frustrated by protocol and scared of their boss. There was also one short shot where they looked exactly like biker cops, sitting there, looking bored on the side of the road.

i swear one of them sounded like Ryan Reynolds. Wonder if some celebs did non credited cameos

So badass. Glad I was wrong in my speculation on who saved Mando. Taika is such a badass. Please give him a future Star Wars movie. Seriously, if you've never watched Rebels and you loved this show, take the time to binge it on Disney+. It's an animated version of this. The lead, Ezra, is a bit of a beating for a time but gets better as the show really hits its stride in season 2. Written by Filoni and has winks to the OT that don't beat you over the head. 

So badass. Glad I was wrong in my speculation on who saved Mando. Taika is such a badass. Please give him a future Star Wars movie. Seriously, if you've never watched Rebels and you loved this show, take the time to binge it on Disney+. It's an animated version of this. The lead, Ezra, is a bit of a beating for a time but gets better as the show really hits its stride in season 2. Written by Filoni and has winks to the OT that don't beat you over the head. 

But watch Clone Wars first.

55 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

lol the " you have till sundown..." 

lmao, i was like ok.. thats like a couple hours .... 

should have been...you have like 60 seconds or something...

Exactly. 

Good episode, but the Moff was a bit unimperialistic.

Loved the episode.

A couple of things annoyed me, like moff giving them time, Gina not mowing down the tightly packed storm troopers with her chain gun, and wtf do you make a boat out of that doesn’t melt in lava, and how fucking hot would it be if you were in a boat floating in lava?

32 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Exactly. 

Good episode, but the Moff was a bit unimperialistic.

He said he was acting in his own personal interests.   He wasn't sure The Child was in there.   If he levels the place and The Child dies, that works against his interests.

Plus he somehow knew who all three of them were.

And then he whips out the Darksaber at the end.

More than meets the eye.

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He said he was acting in his own personal interests.   He wasn't sure The Child was in there.   If he levels the place and The Child dies, that works against his interests.

More than meets the eye.

Wouldn't he feel it's presence?

38 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

More than meets the eye.

I think he knew that the child had been rescued and was using them as bait.

Filoni introducing the Dark Saber into The Mandalorian is beyond badass. This takes the Mandalorian mythos to 11 for this show and makes it so much more personal. If Mando were to take back the Dark Saber from Moth Gideon at the end of this series and become the leader of a revival of Mandalorians, got damned, holy shit that would be amazing. 

And I'm thinking he has to bring back Ashoka for this series. I'd bust a spontaneous nut.

I fucking love Filoni. 

If only this recent trilogy were given to him to run....Fucking Kennedy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

I'm excited about season two, when Favreau has Mando run a food truck and reconnects with baby Yoda.

Hi uh, Cara.  This is Mando, I met you at the, um...the Sorgan tonight.  I just called to say that I had a great time and you should call me tomorrow...or in two days.  Anyway, my number...

Holy balls!

The biker scene reminded me of the red vs blue bits in Halo.

And every time I audibly got louder and louder “hey”, “Hey!” “HEY!!!” When he would hit him.

So trying to remember blue Mandalorian armor was from clan vizsla in the clone wars and rebels.

This episode and the season was absolutely amazing

He was rescued by Death Watch. Cara being from Alderaan was a nice touch. Explains her motivation to go kill more Imperials. 

I think it's very possible we will see either a follow-up Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra/Thrawn animated series or those characters will make an appearance in Mandalorian season 2 or 3. There's a reason the Darksaber was brought into this. 

If Disney has the brains we hope Filoni is giving them, they will sanction the next movie as the war between the Jedi and Mandalorians 1000 years before the events of Star Wars. 

Edited by mdmost

Amazing episode. Enjoyed every second of it. Filoni and Jon Favreau deserve a 15 minute standing ovation at the next Star Wars event for saving the franchise.

Great show that gets Star Wars. Nostalgia. Cool Force moments. Droids saving the day. A crew that you really care about and are actively rooting for. Making you feel like a kid again. 

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Speaking of, Clone Wars season 7 drops in February on Disney+ with 12 episodes, so there will be a payoff to watching Clone Wars now if folks haven't already.

even more fuel for me to think filoni's going to have ashoka in the mandalorian, and possibly sabine wren. he's going to tie all 3 series together. i so fucking hope so.

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

even more fuel for me to think filoni's going to have ashoka in the mandalorian, and possibly sabine wren. he's going to tie all 3 series together. i so fucking hope so.

We know Ahsoka is going to be in Clone Wars season 7, and it's before Revenge of the Sith, we could easily have Moff Gideon make an appearance.  Lots of potential to tie some things together.

8 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Speaking of, Clone Wars season 7 drops in February on Disney+ with 12 episodes, so there will be a payoff to watching Clone Wars now if folks haven't already.

If i have seen neither Clone Wars nor Rebels, which one should I start first?