The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Fall 2020. In the meantime, the Clone Wars season 7, which was never finished and released because of the Disney purchase of Lucasfilm, will debut in February. There's also a rumor of a series that's been done in secret which may be another animated series that would be released in the spring to summer time frame. Some think it is based on the Dr Aphra comic book series which would make it an all Imperial show set during the OT.  

23 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Lolz. We have a consensus. 

I will watch them both, but probably rebels first since many people have alluded to it in this thread. And who among us ain’t gonna rewatch Mandalorian 6 or 5 times before the next season?

You can't go wrong with either, but I'm going to change my suggestion and say Clone Wars for two reasons.

1. The new season 7 is going to start in Feb. So you probably want to be caught up with CW.

2. There's a CW link to Rebels. Knowing that backstory makes the link that much more meaningful.

• Like 1

In Rogue One, when Jen is in the vault going through all the data files, she is reading off several different projects and before she gets to Stardust, she reads Dark Saber. 

Interesting to see what connection the Empire has to that Mandalorian artifact at the time of the Death Star. That was about the time Sabine gave it to her sister.

• Like 1

He was rescued by Death Watch. Cara being from Alderaan was a nice touch. Explains her motivation to go kill more Imperials. 

You’re right! And I was kinda right. The Death watch was run by Clan Vizsla before Maul took over.

Have the Zabrak helmets in my mind as Mauls Death Watch that I forgot what their symbol was.

Lolz. We have a consensus. 
 I will watch them both, but probably rebels first since many people have alluded to it in this thread. And who among us ain’t gonna rewatch Mandalorian 6 or 5 times before the next season?

There’s a major character arc that starts in Clone Wars and continues in Rebels. I highly recommend watching them in order.

Use this for Clone Wars, there’s a lot you can skip. Don’t skip the first part of the Clone Wars movie.

28949c3324f03de23d03134c65be1cf2.jpg

On 12/27/2019 at 5:09 PM, blacklab said:

Ok, ignore the part about a boat in lava. Lots of metals melt above typical lava temperatures 

but with 700-1200 degree lava that’s going to be one fucking hot boat

Maybe they made it out of yeti cups or the stuff they make the black boxes from

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

There’s a major character arc that starts in Clone Wars and continues in Rebels. I highly recommend watching them in order.

Use this for Clone Wars, there’s a lot you can skip. Don’t skip the first part of the Clone Wars movie.

28949c3324f03de23d03134c65be1cf2.jpg

This right here.

If you haven't seen either, watch the highlighted Clone Wars episodes from this chart first, then watch all of Rebels, then go back and watch the rest of Clone Wars if you want more...(but note there are lots of "filler" Clone Wars episodes... much less so with "Rebels.")

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mando gonna bust a slump and dump a load in Rose Tico's mom

More likely they will try to use this to explain Palpatine still being around.  Hope Favreau and Filoni tell em to fuck off.  A lot of the new characters are kids at this point, not to say they couldn't be involved I guess.  

I think it's more you'll see characters from the OT like IG88, Bossk, Dengar, and other ancillary characters from Empire and Return of the Jedi. They'll do some more winks to Rebels and Clone Wars. Given the wide gap (25 years) between this show and the sequel trilogy, I doubt they do anything that's a direct connection to Force Awakens. 

12 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 12/27/2019 at 9:50 AM, jet black said:
Guess I’m going to have to watch the clone wars cartoons. My 9 year old told me that the ending of ep 8 has a back story in a few of the episodes.

yep. me too. and rebels.

I'm on the fence about watching either. I love the Star Wars franchise, but I'm not much for animated movies

Next to Ronald Moore's Battlestar Galactica, and Firefly, best first season of a space opera/sci-fi series?  It hit it's stride quickly, the cast worked well together/felt real, the world building was quick, but thorough.
But Firefly was only one season!  Too soon!
The Prisoner

Star Trek tos season1 GROUNDBREAKING without it there is no Star Wars. without Marcia there is only one Star Wars movie and it is a flop.

Mando is pretty damn good though. Can't wait for season 2. gonna cram clones then rebels while waiting.

Filoni’s shown that he knows how to reintroduce characters and not just as mouth service.

If they let Filoni and Favreau do it their way, this could be amazing!

I’m guessing it would be ancillary characters from the OT but probably characters from Clone wars and Rebels which leaves plenty of “hell yeah” characters.

I’d love to see teases to future series ideas like bringing back Sabine but with Ahsoka as they continue their outer rim search for Ezra, or Thrawn on that same vein.

Yeah it’s a lot. And Rebels is 20+ episodes each over four seasons as well. The guide is really helpful. I’m almost done with Rebels season 3 and when I wrap up 4 I’ll go back and get some of the “honorable mentions” episodes from Clone Wars. The good news is they are ~20 mins apiece.

I like the animation style of CW better than Rebels but there are good characters and stories in both.

Ok, ignore the part about a boat in lava. Lots of metals melt above typical lava temperatures 
but with 700-1200 degree lava that’s going to be one fucking hot boat

All of the wiring plastic and soder in those droids, plus the emissions of toxic fumes and the heat radiating would make for a fairly uncomfortable ride.

But this is star wars, vader make his home castle on an active planet which makes you wonder how they managed to build that castle there too.

So fuck it. No silica based lifeforms. No issues with moving from planet to planet with different gravity.

Pretty sure there was a subtle nod to The Professional in the opening standoff. When they bring in the big gun on the tripod it's the same background music as the hallway scene when the cops bring in the little rocket launcher on the tripod. Also the whole escape through the laundry shoot / sewer grate. 

17 minutes ago, hornfan785 said:
31 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:
So we never did find out who went back for the injured assassin in episode 5 did we? That’s an odd loose end.

I thought it was pretty obvious it was Moff Gideon.

The image of the leg matched Mando.  I know we discussed this like 10 pages back and somebody posted it.