The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

On 11/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, MissingInAction said:

So glad I got 5 seasons into Clone Wars before this episode. It would not have been near as powerful.

The bad thing is, without seeing Rebels, Season 2 and the series finale, it's still not as powerful as it could have been.

2 hours ago, Xian said:

Just watch them all. Even most of the “fillers” and enjoyable and serve a purpose. 

Yep. 

I still remember the crying and bellyaching, even on here, during Rebels over "Filler Episodes" when in the end NOTHING was filler.  Filoni doesn't do Filler.  Everything he puts in the show has a purpose(the "space whales" Filler episode of Rebels being the biggest example)

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Jesus there are Jar Jar episodes?

Yes, they’re not great, but they aren’t nearly as insufferable as his scenes in TPM.

If you enjoy SW, you’ll enjoy CW. You’ll also really enjoy Rebels. 

The last 4 episodes of CW does an amazing job of tying up the prequels, and making them more of a coherent story than what was released as 3 stand alone movies. 

Rebels has the feel of 1977’s SW in the beginning, then by the last few seasons, has a 1980 Empire feel. Great series. 

• Hook 'Em 3

We had discussions about the timeline, well Filoni throws a bit of a wrench in that. MAYBE that scene at the end of Rebels occurred after where we are on Mandalorian. Would answer the questions.  As usual, Filoni seems to have a plan  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/11/rosario-dawson-dave-filoni-mandalorian-ahsoka-tano-grogu/amp#vch=AlkgFWUtUwc

Filoni: Right. But no, it's an interesting one… That's not necessarily chronological. I think the thing that people will most not understand is they want to go in a linear fashion, but as I learned as a kid, nothing in Star Wars really works  in a linear fashion. You do [Episodes] Four, Five and Six and then One, Two, and Three. So in the vein of that history, when you look at the epilogue of Rebelsyou don't really know how much time has passed. So, it's possible that the story I'm telling in The Mandalorian actually takes place prior to that. Possible. I'm saying it's possible.

On 11/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, Viper said:

I listened to the book. It was narrated by Ashley Eckstein. It covers where she got the white lightsabers and how she got involved with helping form the rebellion with Bail. 

Did Bail ever mention to her “hey my adopted daughter that looks like Padme is actually Padme and Anakin’s kid!”?

On 11/27/2020 at 6:56 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Kind of this. Ahoska is on God level by the last season of Clone Wars and some older lady gives her a good fight with a beskar spear. Uh what? 

Agree with the need for suspense and Ahsoka wanted to interrogate rather than kill spear lady, but wasn’t everyone thinking “why don’t you just use the force and yank that spear away from her before the fight even starts?”

47 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

They could have gone with Nikana and blown everyone’s mind when they realized it was reverse Anakin, since they were born at approximately the same year.

Like Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom.  It's like poetry.

Except Neville grew up to be the hottest guy out of the Harry Potter crowd.  I suppose Grogu could do the same, except we'd never know it, because how do we rate the Yoda species?  Speaking of hot or not, Yoda knocked up Yaddle, right?  That's why she disappeared from the Jedi Council?

Edit: seriously, I know none of this was planned when Lucas wrote Phantom Menace, but Filoni loves fixing/enhancing stuff from the prequels, and a part of me thinks he's going to give us a Yaddle reference.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Agree with the need for suspense and Ahsoka wanted to interrogate rather than kill spear lady, but wasn’t everyone thinking “why don’t you just use the force and yank that spear away from her before the fight even starts?”

Why didn’t Vader just force choke everyone? 

• Hook 'Em 2

18 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Yes, they’re not great, but they aren’t nearly as insufferable as his scenes in TPM.

If you enjoy SW, you’ll enjoy CW. You’ll also really enjoy Rebels. 

The last 4 episodes of CW does an amazing job of tying up the prequels, and making them more of a coherent story than what was released as 3 stand alone movies. 

Rebels has the feel of 1977’s SW in the beginning, then by the last few seasons, has a 1980 Empire feel. Great series

That's actually a pretty damn perfect explanation of Rebels. First season is more kid friendly and fun...The final couple of season were much darker and plot driven much like Empire. 

Good stuff.

17 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Could be that the Ahsoka spin-off picks up where Rebels left off. Sabine and Ahsoka going after Thrawn while searching for Ezra would be fun. 

Charge me extra for it.  I don't care.  I need it.

Take My Money GIF by memecandy

• Hook 'Em 1

No, pull her from the wall and bring her to Ashoka after a good fall. Then avoid the city fight.

I did not know that Filoni had suggested that Ahsoka (aside: how many misspellings of her name are there in this thread at this point?) is still alive during the end of RoS, but here’s the quote from the interview:

“I have to wonder with Star Wars fans,” Filoni said. “They seem to watch the movies but they don’t take all the lessons. They deal a lot in absolutes, which is very much a Sith thing. I remember in The Empire Strikes Back Luke speaking out through the force to Leia. Vader also does this at the end of Empire Strikes Back. There’s no absoluteness that these people are dead. I mean, some of them we know are dead.”

• Like 1

Great episode!!! That was amazing.  As soon as Slave I showed up, I knew shit was going to get real.     

Spoiler

So we got our answer confirmed regarding who saved Fennec.  That was a good call back.  

Now the question becomes, which Jedi will hear Gorgu's call?  I don't know who is left out there that can be considered Jedi.  Luke, Ezra, and maybe Leia?  I know Leia was being trained by Luke about this time in the chronology, but she can't make an appearance for obvious reasons.  Ahsoka can't after last week, but Ezra is a real possibility. 

I really like the idea of Boba Fett joining up and helping take down Moff Gideon.  Looks like Bill Burr will be back too.  If we could just get Ahsoka and Sabine to show up that would really round out the lineup. 

• Like 2

Well there is Cal Kestis(or his sorta mentor Cere) from the hugely popular and well received Jedi Fallen Order Game that came out not to long ago.  Wouldn't be the first Character to come from an outside source.

Edited by Drew
  • Hook 'Em 1