The Mandalorian (Star Wars live action show)

mdmost

Book of Boba Fett is a separate original series and not season 3 of the Mandalorian. 

from starwars.com

The Book of Boba Fett, a new Original Series, starring Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen and executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni and Robert Rodriguez, set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to Disney+ Dec. 2021.

Edited by mdmost

11 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Methinks you’re overthinking it. It all looks grey to me, and it’s gotta be hard to color match between animation and live action. 

No, he's got it exactly right. Filoni has made explicit comparisons between Gandolf and Ahsoka many times. Ahsoka the Grey and Ahsoka the White are very deliberate concepts. I'm sort of expecting a "resurrection" of sorts that leads to a character change for her before she reunites with Sabine. I agree that nothing is throwaway for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Love that Rodriguez is involved in BoBF. He did a great job with Boba in episode 6 this season. I also find it interesting that it's referenced as an "Original Series," not a "Limited Series." I wonder if that means we will get multiple seasons of BoBF?

That was my first thought, I thought I originally read BoBF was gonna be limited series like OB1 but maybe they hope to run it as an open ended series.

20 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

No, he's got it exactly right. Filoni has made explicit comparisons between Gandolf and Ahsoka many times. Ahsoka the Grey and Ahsoka the White are very deliberate concepts. I'm sort of expecting a "resurrection" of sorts that leads to a character change for her before she reunites with Sabine. I agree that nothing is throwaway for him.

That already happened. I feel like it happened between CW and Rebels, just based on her character change and the white light sabers, but, on screen, I can point only to Ezra manipulating time to save her from dying at the end of Twilight of the Apprentice.

3 minutes ago, Apep said:

That already happened. I feel like it happened between CW and Rebels, just based on her character change and the white light sabers, but, on screen, I can point only to Ezra manipulating time to save her from dying at the end of Twilight of the Apprentice.

Filoni has addressed that since her appearance in live action because there was confusion, naturally. She appeared in white at the very end of Rebels and it was always assumed it was right after Yavin. Dave recently said "it was possible" that it occurred after the events of Mando 2. That was before the investor announcement of the new Ahsoka show, so it seems like a a foregone conclusion now.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Eternal Noob said:

Filoni has addressed that since her appearance in live action because there was confusion, naturally. She appeared in white at the very end of Rebels and it was always assumed it was right after Yavin. Dave recently said "it was possible" that it occurred after the events of Mando 2. That was before the investor announcement of the new Ahsoka show, so it seems like a a foregone conclusion now.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1156576-dave-filoni-teases-ahsoka-tanos-mandalorian-timeline

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Kyle said:

Most of the Wokons will never have the nuance to understand it's not as much that people don't like strong women ... they don't like Mary Sues ... I can love Jyn and hate Rey and there is no underlying racism, sexism, homophobia, anti-Islam, etc.

The ending was about perfect. As noted, that was the Luke I was looking for after the opening of ROTJ. We never saw him but the dithering old recluse. I'm with the others that just pretend The Mandalorian is the sequels and the last three movies were bad jokes.

That was always bullshit and Terminator/Aliens clearly stood as contrary evidence to that stupid opinion.   Yes, the issue was Rey becoming super jedi downloading the force like NEO, but without the learning like Neo did.  Finn's leather jacket being lightsaber proof was pretty amazing as well.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eternal Noob said:

This.  Filoni is not shy about what material he draws upon.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

That was always bullshit and Terminator/Aliens clearly stood as contrary evidence to that stupid opinion.   Yes, the issue was Rey becoming super jedi downloading the force like NEO, but without the learning like Neo did.  Finn's leather jacket being lightsaber proof was pretty amazing as well.   

Maybe we’ll find out that Poe’s/Finn’s jacket was once King Din’s Mandalorian jacket he had weaved with Beskar thread while he was ruler of Mandalore!

Ever think about that?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I didn't care for the Book of Fett will be Season 3 of the Mandalorian theories. I think Star Wars YouTubers put it out there it for clicks. There have been casting rumors for a Fett show/mini series for months. 

I am happy Favreau and Lucas Films cleared this up earlier today. 

I have a feeling they cleared things up because Grace Randolph was still pushing her narrative that Boba Fett's show was a part of Mandorian or was a sign that Mandolorian was in trouble.  Too many fucking comic book and sci-fi sites and bloggers take what she says as gospel.  

And guess what, she is still pushing the narrative that Pedro is not coming back.  She's still claiming she is the only person that knew about the drama that was supposed to have disrupted season 2 and had Pedro leaving the series completely.  But she's getting savaged in the comments, by a lot of people, hopefully some of her diehard fans, are getting tired of it.  

She used to provide some interesting takes on the the comic book industry and box office performance, but one or more of her sources appears to have screwed her when saying that season 2 was going to be affected by the drama, and it clearly was not, and she's doubling-down on the stupidity.

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I have a feeling they cleared things up because Grace Randolph was still pushing her narrative that Boba Fett's show was a part of Mandorian or was a sign that Mandolorian was in trouble.  Too many fucking comic book and sci-fi sites and bloggers take what she says as gospel.  

And guess what, she is still pushing the narrative that Pedro is not coming back.  She's still claiming she is the only person that knew about the drama that was supposed to have disrupted season 2 and had Pedro leaving the series completely.  But she's getting savaged in the comments, by a lot of people, hopefully some of her diehard fans, are getting tired of it.  

She used to provide some interesting takes on the the comic book industry and box office performance, but one or more of her sources appears to have screwed her when saying that season 2 was going to be affected by the drama, and it clearly was not, and she's doubling-down on the stupidity.

I don’t think I like this lady very much. 

54 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don’t think I like this lady very much. 

The thing that really bugs me, well the bigger thing that bugs me is that so many other websites use her as a source, but the thing that bugs me is that people with "inside sources" usually keep shit really vague, so that when rumors fizzle out/are proven untrue, they can point to their being fuzzy as some kind "my sources couldn't reveal too much to me, or I wasn't allowed to say too much, lest they be discovered, so things were vague."

Meanwhile, she's like "oh no, my sources were 100% accurate, I'm still right, fuck you guys, I'm going home."

This is the same woman that said Peyton Reed did a lackluster job of directing Chapter 16.  The episode that gave OT fanboys everywhere, everything they wanted in a post ROTJ Luke.

I don't know why ANYONE is listening to Grace AT ALL!

Yes her box office stuff on youtube used too(key words: USED TO) be enlightening.  Then they stopped being that way.

Then she pushes her own agenda and narrative to the point where she can't see anything else.  Add to that she pretends to know ANYTHING at all about the source material or the Sci Fi/Fantasy series she's talking about, when she has no clue.

She things anyone white being cast in anything is HORRIBLE and only praises casting choices that are POC or gender bending.  

God forbid someone who's only half "insert race" and not full blooded.  

God forbid someone is playing a Lesbian/Gay character that isn't...she over exudes excitement for LGBTQ characters and female characters, even when the suck(like Ghost Busters) and hates on everything else.

Just should flat ignore her all together.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Eternal Noob said:

Yeah, that's the thing a lot of people missed when they made the leap that the Book of Boba Fett was Mando season 3.

Series 1 ended with an extremely deliberate shot of Moff Gideon holding the Darksaber.

Series 2 had an episode titled "The Heiress" that featured Bo-Katan looking for the Darksaber

Series 2 ended with Din lawfully winning the Darksaber in combat, with a character explaining that he is now the rightful heir rather than Bo-Katan, and it had Din giving up Grogu, thereby clearing his plate to go deal with Mandalorian stuff.

This meme is even more relevant now, but toss in Rebels as well.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Nivek said:

I have to wait more than a year? fucking hell.  

Maybe it has changed since the drop of chapter 12 , but I thought on Disney day it was announced S3 was coming out in December. And that mad the Book rumors even dumber as we already had a confirmed S3

Edit - here found one from the 18th

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/amp35013423/the-mandalorian-season-3/

I have no clue how to paste the text in a non black font...

Edited by UT_OB1

25 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Maybe it has changed since the drop of chapter 12 , but I thought on Disney day it was announced S3 was coming out in December. And that mad the Book rumors even dumber as we already had a confirmed S3

I kind of wondering if they were playing fast and loose to keep the Boba Fett series under wraps.

The Book of Boba Fett is filming right now, as we speak, with Obi-Wan kicking into production in February or March, and Ahsoka and the New Republic Rangers somewhere in the mix.  Supposedly Mandalorian and Boba are sharing some of the same crews, which is why Mandalorian won't start filming until after Fett wraps up filming.

And that's not getting into Filoni being involved with Ahsoka.  Honestly, I'm a bit concerned - it's not just the Mandalorian, Boba Fett, Ahsoka, Obi-Wan, and New Republic Rangers, there are other SW live-action shows in pre-production right now.

It sounds like it takes about a year to film - Katee Sackhoff tweeted this out a year ago when she did her Mando filming (she confirmed it was about Bo-Katan after Bo-Katan was revealed in the series).

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So when is the next swu show?  Hopefully it’s not boba fett a year from now.

I could be wrong, but I want to say Bad Batch.  That was one helluva teaser, and it sounds like the folks making the CW season that dropped this year just kept right on making Bad Batch.

So my dad died suddenly of a heart attack 5 years ago to the day today and I can say that today was not the day to hang out and watch the season finale of Mandalorian with a large group of family because I almost ground my molars down into cornmeal not crying like a little girl when Mando handed baby yoda over to Luke.  Jesus, that was heavy.  

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The really do need to retcon the last trilogy.  Stupid Empire that's not the Empire and Rebellion that's not the rebellion.

I watched some youtube nerd show on this, and how it's something they're actually looking at doing. I think the gist was, the second death star explosion at the end of ROTJ opened up some portal to an alternate dimension, which led to the events we were treated to in the sequel trilogy. This would let them say "Ok what you saw was Universe B, now lets go back to Universe A". 

Don't think they'd remake the movies themselves but it would give them the freedom to do whatever they want on all these tv shows we're about to get. 

• Hook 'Em 1