Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Ldogg53

Will they ever get around to doing the next season?  I hope this stupid ass AP Bio class fails so they can get back at it quick. 

Under the Radar brewery in Houston is doing a trivia night this Wednesday for Sunny, in case anyone is interested.

25 minutes ago, pops said:

I thought howerton was going to be gone regardless and day was going to start doing most of the writing. No?

Trying to find it, but I read some interview with him that he said he'd be back, but only after they did the first run of his new show and saw how it went.  The impression I got was they'd at least do a half season more.  If AP Bio fails then he'd go back and they'd do a full season.  At least that was my takeaway. 

If someone told me that It’s Always Sunny was their favorite all time comedy, I’d probably think that that person is a kinda dumb bro.  And yet, I’ve come to the realization that Sunny is maybe my favorite comedy.  It doesn’t try to be anything that it isn’t, and it’s way more deep than it’s simplicity suggests.  Obviously they’re wanting to do other things, but I hope the gang has a few more seasons in them.  They can take their time.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

If someone told me that It’s Always Sunny was their favorite all time comedy, I’d probably think that that person is a kinda dumb bro.  And yet, I’ve come to the realization that Sunny is maybe my favorite comedy.  It doesn’t try to be anything that it isn’t, and it’s way more deep than it’s simplicity suggests.  Obviously they’re wanting to do other things, but I hope the gang has a few more seasons in them.  They can take their time.

You seem kinda dumb bro

56 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

My wife initially hated the show because she said all the characters were terrible people. After watching more episodes she now loves it.

Haha.  Shit them being terrible is what makes the whole show.  It's brilliant.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 12:50 PM, Ldogg53 said:

Trying to find it, but I read some interview with him that he said he'd be back, but only after they did the first run of his new show and saw how it went.  The impression I got was they'd at least do a half season more.  If AP Bio fails then he'd go back and they'd do a full season.  At least that was my takeaway. 

It sounds like he may stay, but Sunny will go the way of Curb and not be an annual series.

• 2 months later...

Season 13 starts September 5th

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-season-13-premiere-date-plot-details-dennis-1201979561/

The Gang is coming back this fall, but not in its entirety. Kaitlin Olson said earlier this year that Glenn Howerton’s Dennis will return “for some episodes” after departing at the end of season 12, and FXX’s official season 13 announcement says that he’ll “take on the new role of father in North Dakota” when the irreverent comedy returns on on Wednesday, September 5.

Here’s the synopsis: “The Gang Returns…mostly…in the 13th season of the FXX original comedy series ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.’ Mac (Rob McElhenney), Charlie (Charlie Day), Dee (Kaitlin Olson) and Frank (Danny DeVito) return to their duplicitous, scheming ways at Paddy’s Pub, while Dennis (Glenn Howerton) takes on the new role of father in North Dakota. Last season, the Gang experienced new highs — Mac acknowledged his sexuality and Charlie convinced the Waitress, his longtime target of affection, to move in with him — and the lowest of lows — Frank became the official beverage sponsor of a terrorist group, Dee helped a man reach rock bottom, and Dennis was investigated for murder.

“Even without Dennis Reynolds, the Gang has its hands full as Charlie hopes to have a child with the Waitress, Mac sets out to understand his newfound sexuality, Dee takes feminism to new heights, and Frank goes to great lengths for the Gang to experience the greatest moment in Philadelphia sports history — an Eagles Super Bowl victory.”

“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” has aired 134 episodes since premiering 13 years ago and has already been renewed for a 14th season — a landmark that will match a record set by “The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet” as the longest-running live-action sitcom in the history of American television.

Losing Dennis (mostly) sucks, and they have had off seasons and weird question marks before, but I don't care/I have faith that they will put out some great half hours of TV comedy.

giphy.gif

Edited by Celery Man

On 3/26/2018 at 7:26 PM, miguelito said:

VICE tv shows reruns occasionally.  Right now I'm watching the high school reunion episodes.  When they do the dance routine and Mac yells, and they switch from fantasy to reality... that's probably the hardest I've ever laughed at something on TV.

Your name is Ronald McDonald?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...