Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Ldogg53

1) kinda glad they didn't put a gag in at the end or anything.  weird shift of tone, but just in and of itself it was fairly beautiful.  kinda beautiful in the context of the "actual" version of the caricature that is Mac.  But super fucking weird for them to do that on this show

2) I always thought it was weird that Mac got super fat in season 6 or 9 or whenever it was and they didn't actually get a ton of comedic payoff out of it.  A bunch of little jokes and an episode, but it always seemed like Rob McElhenney wanting to go for a "thing" and it not paying off.  I guess that whole dance sequence was the primary thing he wanted to do with the "Mac is ripped" thing.  Or perhaps he just wanted to get ripped in real life (and maybe dabble in modern dance?) and so they worked it in.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

every single bit in the entire show was telegraphed. the guys peeing on Mac, Dee getting stranded, Dee getting run over by goats, Frank getting bested by the gorilla- this was really, really bad stuff. Always Sunny should be a lot better than this. And again with the Mac being this weird, whiny, Dennis-loving character- this stuff is all just so bad compared to when the show was its best. between the telegraphed bits and the lazy, rehashed sitcom staple gags (the whole "what? i can't hear you" bit at the beginning) this was objectively bad TV. CBS level bad. 

Edited by Goo Punch

I don't know about this show anymore.  These guys are either completely out of new ideas or have forgotten what made the show funny in the first place.  This isn't the same show.  It feels like a cartoon with caricatures loosely based on what used to be "It's Always Sunny."  Obviously there's still people that like it and watch it, so more power to you.  I'm close to checking out. 

It feels like we're in TWD territory.  Just making the show to keep it going but having no idea where to go with it.

9 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

dude the editing on this season is weird. there's a whole bunch of times where the words said by the characters don't match what their lips are doing. 

Maybe the vice channels super-woke editorial staff is in charge now.

It's fun watching old Sunny episodes on vice to see which non-woke words all those hard working sjw's are gonna bleep out.

Edited by rage-a-holic

On 11/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, rage-a-holic said:

Maybe the vice channels super-woke editorial staff is in charge now.

It's fun watching old Sunny episodes on vice to see which non-woke words all those hard working sjw's are gonna bleep out.

Vice bleeped out “whore” in an episode from 2006. I assume Vice would prefer “sex worker”?

• 5 months later...

My youngest had us watch the Quarantine episode last night in light of current events (season 9 episode 7 I think).  Holy shit that was off the rails hilarious.

I'm still working my way through the series with a few episodes a week.  About 2/3 of the way through season 3.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

My youngest had us watch the Quarantine episode last night in light of current events (season 9 episode 7 I think).  Holy shit that was off the rails hilarious.

I'm still working my way through the series with a few episodes a week.  About 2/3 of the way through season 3.

The quarantine episode is one of my all time favorites.  The reveal of what was actually wrong with them and their decision to keep healthy by getting drunk again was classic Sunny.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/7/2020 at 12:13 PM, DDD Dad said:

I just watched this earlier today. Holy shit Dennis is Spider-Man!!!

On 7/23/2021 at 7:12 PM, Zepol87 said:

I just watched this earlier today. Holy shit Dennis is Spider-Man!!!

me watching this scene for the first time drunk on the couch

giphy.gif

this is my favorite episode - I love that they addressed directly that they are all raging alcoholics who physically cannot stop drinking