Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Ldogg53

21 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i think it's time to hang it up. last episode didn't produce a laugh for me, which isn't surprising considering how busy the cast is working on other projects. 

I'm not sure whether I'm all caught up at this point, but if you have watched the bathroom episode and didn't howl with laughter, that's on you, not the show. 

• Like 1

Yeah I think I'm one behind, but I think this season has been great. WAY better than last season.  I liked the meta "woman reboot" of the Boggs bet, the "me too" episode and then the one where Charlie and Mac beat up the kids (one of the most ridiculous/great scenes in years) was also great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm not sure whether I'm all caught up at this point, but if you have watched the bathroom episode and didn't howl with laughter, that's on you, not the show. 

based on the fact that almost nobody made any posts after the bathroom episode i'm guessing i'm not alone. this feels like sunny-lite. like they're just going through the motions. 

On 10/15/2018 at 12:22 PM, Goo Punch said:

based on the fact that almost nobody made any posts after the bathroom episode i'm guessing i'm not alone. this feels like sunny-lite. like they're just going through the motions. 

I enjoyed it and I’ve thought most of this season has been pretty good.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, Goo Punch said:

i was pretty unenthused when it looked like it was going to be a legit flashback episode, but it ended up being better than i thought it would. Charlie vs Charlie was one of the highlights of the season.

I queued it up last night but saw "clip show" and was like ehhhhhhhhh, I'll hold off.  But I'll queue it up tonight based on what y'all said.  I hate clip shows.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:33 PM, Goo Punch said:

i was pretty unenthused when it looked like it was going to be a legit flashback episode, but it ended up being better than i thought it would. Charlie vs Charlie was one of the highlights of the season.

Charlie peaking in the doorway at the other Charlie really cracked me up.

It's had good several good moments and I'm glad it's still on, but I am wondering if they're stringing things along and will see what happens, or are planning on definitely coming back for more seasons that don't have lots of partial cast episodes.

They have a contract for season 14 already. Rumor is they want to push to 15 to hold the record for longest running comedy.

just not a funny season. none of the episodes from this year would make the top 40-50 episodes of this series. in fact the majority of AS episodes that would be towards the bottom have come in recent seasons. not surprising since the cast is so busy with their own TV shows and movies, it just is what it is.

I won't say It's Always Sunny Season 13 is Season 9 of The Office bad, but it could get there if they continue for 2 more seasons. 

It's not even the funniest/darkest show on FX anymore. It's been surpassed by You're the Worst. 

One more season with McElhenney and Howerton writing every episode would be optimal.